X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DuncTK421 View Post
    "He's a civilian contractor."

This made me laugh out loud.
    I was just peeking into foreign language fansubs (subtitles that fans write before an official release) and that line got translated into "He's a home renovator" (contractor --> home renovation contractor --> home renovator).

Comment

Oooh, that'll keep non-English slash fans going for a while, that will...
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Tal-Galahad View Post
        I know that those missions are "top secret" but to be honest, I really doubt, that if you live in a healthy relationship for several years, you don`t even tell your wife, where in the world you are going to fly missions.

In a normal relationship, even with a special ops soldier your talking occasionally about things like that. No details of course, but common stuff.

Because of that I think, that Shep took that stuff a little too serious and by doing so he lost his wife.
        If he can't tell because it "top secret" he can't tell. And personally it would kill me to know little details and not all, so I wouldn't want to know. My friends husband is overseas right now with the war. The only thing he can tell her is where he is, and he doesn't do that anymore because she worries about everything that could happen. So he just gives her the general location.

The only thing from this episode that bothered me was his wife being mad about him not giving details while married. Sheppard was military when they started dating, unless they meet in school, she knew who she was marrying, it couldn't have been a surprise that he couldn't/wouldn't talk about what he had to do or go.
        there’s a decent living to be made in the selling out of ideals--Darren Hayes

Comment

^This conversation suggests that Sheppard was doing some kind of Special ops work - perhaps when they married he was just an ordinary air force pilot, which she could deal with, and the top secret stuff came later.

Also I have known people who have married into the forces and they thought they could cope but in time found that they couldn't - its not easy spending special occasions apart, being alone for months and constantly worrying that you're going to get a knock on the door telling you your spouse isn't coming back. Not everyone can live like that.

Could she have been more understanding? Yeah probably but then he could have been too.

Comment

DEX: This is free, right?

WOMAN: Yes, it's free.

DEX: Excellent.

DEX (with his mouth full): Lots of food over there.

LAB. John, Ronon and Bates have joined Doctor Bill Lee, who is wearing a lurid shirt and has a terrible sunburn. He is muttering as he plugs some leads into a bank of crystals.

LEE: Stupid emergency contact numbers. Never should have answered that damned phone.

SHEPPARD: C'mon, Doc, it's not so bad.

LEE: Ha! That was my first vacation in three years! Two weeks, all-inclusive, nothing but surf, sun and skimpy bikinis as far as the eye could see, and then they beam me right out of the damned hotel room.

SHEPPARD: Looks like they did you a favour. Next time, use a little sun block, all right?

Comment

Not the best lines, but very telling.

SHEPPARD: Well, maybe you meant something to him too. You never know what people are thinking.
              DIXON: Even those you're closest to?
              SHEPPARD: Especially those.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post

SHEPPARD: Well, maybe you meant something to him too. You never know what people are thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by blue-skyz View Post

so what is he talking about?
                  sigpic
                  May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
                    so what is he talking about?
                    That is right after he left the funeral and had his brother go off at him about it, and about him leaving for years, and he says something about assuming that is what his father wanted, and his brother said that it was not, that his father always regretted the *obvious* fight they had had before he had left. JF really did a good job just showing how it hit the character only using facial/body expressions, that years of possible relationship time was wasted because of a fight then a misunderstanding (he thought his father never wanted to talk to him again).
                    SHEPPARD (to Carson): Maybe there's something wrong an M.R.I. wouldn't pick up, if you know what I mean?
                    McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

CARTER: Thank you Sir.
                    O'NEILL: For what?
                    CARTER: Nothing.
                    O'NEILL: Think nothing of it. I've got plenty of that.

KELLER: Hang on, wait a minute, don't pull me up!
                    McKAY: What?! Why?
                    KELLER: I see light!
                    McKAY: No-no-no-no-no! Don't go towards the light! You wanna stay in the land of the living!
                    KELLER: No! Daylight! There's a mineshaft down there. I see daylight!

Comment

Working...
                    X