Woman: yes it's free
    Ronon:Excellent
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
    Ronon: This is free right?
    Woman: yes it's free
    Ronon:Excellent
    That and Dr. Lee's "If this was the movies, we'd dip him into a vat of molten steel or...a volcano..."

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
      That and Dr. Lee's "If this was the movies, we'd dip him into a vat of molten steel or...a volcano..."
      Followed by:
      Sheppard: That's actually a good idea.

Lee and Ronon: Really?
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana
      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

I like the "send him back to the fires from which he came." Amused me as I am a LOTR's fan

Comment

Originally posted by wraithfound View Post
          I like the "send him back to the fires from which he came." Amused me as I am a LOTR's fan
          Yeah, I wish Dr. Lee had mentioned Mordor or Mount Doom. Stargate has referenced LOTR in a previous episode, and Return of the King would have been a perfect example of "sending him back to the fires from which he came."

(By the way, why would Ronon have watched "Blades of Glory"?? Sit him down in front of a good hockey game.... THAT he could understand!)

Comment

Best line?

Sheppard asking "Where are you going?"
            Ronon: "With you."

Simple, to the point, just screams friendship, loyalty, camraderie

Comment

Originally posted by jyh View Post
              Yeah, I wish Dr. Lee had mentioned Mordor or Mount Doom. Stargate has referenced LOTR in a previous episode, and Return of the King would have been a perfect example of "sending him back to the fires from which he came."

(By the way, why would Ronon have watched "Blades of Glory"?? Sit him down in front of a good hockey game.... THAT he could understand!)
              it has?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                it has?
                During Season 2's Critical Mass, Dr. Lee was trying to explain a transmitter relay to get a message to Atlantis through the Daedalus. He first refenced 101 Dalmations and the "twilight bark" and nobody got it. Then switched to Return of the King and everyone got it. It goes without saying that General Landry wasn't as amused
                sigpic
                http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
                  During Season 2's Critical Mass, Dr. Lee was trying to explain a transmitter relay to get a message to Atlantis through the Daedalus. He first refenced 101 Dalmations and the "twilight bark" and nobody got it. Then switched to Return of the King and everyone got it. It goes without saying that General Landry wasn't as amused
                  oh ok thanks
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes, thanks, that's the episode I had in mind. That scene was great. Thanks for knowing the season & episode name..... I never know that stuff.

Comment

What I found so funny was that I've never seen LOTR, so I was like, huh? but if he had said 'smoke signals' (as the Indians always did in the old westerns) that would have worked perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        ...I've never seen LOTR...
                        Prion, I know what these words mean individually, but your sentence makes no sense to me.

Never + seen + LOTR = ???

My fave lines were:

SHEPPARD: I told you I had an ex-wife, right?

DEX: Yeah, why?

SHEPPARD: Here she comes.

The look Shep has on his face when he sees Nancy is priceless!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                        O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

DEX: This is free, right?

It's all about the free food. That just sums up Ronon in one line. His follow-up line and Keanu Reeves impression needs some work, though.
                          -
                          Special mention to:

NANCY: ... For all I knew, you were halfway around the world, flying secret missions into Somalia.
                          SHEPPARD: That's ridiculous. I've never been to Somalia.
                          NANCY: North Korea, then.
                          SHEPPARD: There's a big difference.
                          -

And, as someone who knows what it's like to get vacation after 3 years and then have an 'emergency' call from work ruin it, Dr. Lee's complaints rang very true.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Have to add, just because I'm surprised no one else seems to have caught this little gem:

(Dave nods, then looks curiously at Ronon.)

SHEPPARD: Uh, this is Ronon. Ronon, this is Dave, my brother.

DEX: Yeah. Nice to meet you.

DAVE (shaking his hand): Pleasure. You two, uh, work together... in the Air Force?

SHEPPARD: He's a civilian contractor.

(Dave looks at him, obviously not believing it for a moment.)

DAVE: Right.

Subtext, baby.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                              Have to add, just because I'm surprised no one else seems to have caught this little gem:

(Dave nods, then looks curiously at Ronon.)

SHEPPARD: Uh, this is Ronon. Ronon, this is Dave, my brother.

DEX: Yeah. Nice to meet you.

DAVE (shaking his hand): Pleasure. You two, uh, work together... in the Air Force?

SHEPPARD: He's a civilian contractor.

(Dave looks at him, obviously not believing it for a moment.)

DAVE: Right.

Subtext, baby.
                              Dave obviously never watched season 10 of SG-1.

Comment

Working...
                              X