Ex-wife's new beau: Grant or Graham?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex-wife's new beau: Grant or Graham?

I just watched "Outcast" and I noticed something weird. I think it may be a continuity mistake in the script that nobody caught.

Sheppard's ex-wife is named Nancy, right? ...But what is her second husband's name? At the funeral, when John asks her, "How is Greg?," she corrects him and says "It's Grant." But later, when they are in the car and she gives him the information about Project Archetype, she tells Shepperd that back when they were together, she used to hate all of John's secrets, but nowadays "sometimes she catches Graham looking at her the same way."

Both times, it seems pretty clear that she's talking about the same person, but is the poor guy's real name Grant or is it Graham? Am I going crazy? Did anyone else notice this while they were watching? It stood out to me. At first I thought I must have misheard it, but I rewound it and she definitely says "Grant" one time and "Graham" the other. It makes sense for Sheppard to forget the guy's name, but you would think that Nancy would get it right.

Isn't that weird? Do you think it's a mistake?

The car scene, looking at her mouth, it looks like she is saying "Grant" but it sounds like a stretched out "Grant" making a "Gram" sound instead.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
      The car scene, looking at her mouth, it looks like she is saying "Grant" but it sounds like a stretched out "Grant" making a "Gram" sound instead.
      You know, I went back and rewatched it, and I think you are right. I think maybe she did say "Grant" but she said it so softly it's hard to hear the "t"-sound. The first time I watched it though, I could have sworn she said "Graham."

Comment

I haven't seen the episode yet, but I though Shep's brother's name is Graham. Could she be referring to him instead of to her new man?
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
          I haven't seen the episode yet, but I though Shep's brother's name is Graham. Could she be referring to him instead of to her new man?
          Having seen the ep, I can say the answer is no.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
          O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

I think she's saying 'Grant' but it does sound like 'Graham'
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
              In the episode, John Sheppard's brother is named "Dave".
              Last edited by Bystander #3; 02 February 2008, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Maybe she was referring to her grandmother?
                "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

Maybe he's so boring that she can't remember what he's called either.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post
                    Maybe he's so boring that she can't remember what he's called either.
                    yeah maybe
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

In the original script/sides, John's brother was named Graham; however, as is prone to happen, it was changed to Dave for the final shooting. Nancy (who also had another name at one point, can't recall it), is with Grant, and I'm assuming it's a spouse, and it sounds like he's a lawyer. Sounded like Grant whenever she mentioned the name.

Comment

sounds like grant to me both at the funeral and in the car

also anyone else think his ex wife looks alot like larrin. or is it the same chick who plays larrin. Cus that might explain the chemistry between shep and larrin
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KiLL3r View Post
                          sounds like grant to me both at the funeral and in the car

also anyone else think his ex wife looks alot like larrin. or is it the same chick who plays larrin. Cus that might explain the chemistry between shep and larrin
                          Nope, two different actresses entirely, although their facial features and hairstyles are very similiar. Interesting. However, Sheppard should tread carefully. Usually people who divorce and then pursue the same kind of person they are divorced from, that second relationship will fail as well. However, I don't see Larrin as the marrying kind. Even getting to first base with her will take quite a while

Comment

she definately said grant. you just can't hear the 't' properly at the end.
                            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Just out of interest, how do you pronounce 'Graham'?

I pronounce it as "Gr-aim", do some of you pronounce it as "Gram"?

Comment

Working...
                              X