This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 8 - Final Season = OK?

Would you be OK with Season 8 be'n the final season? I mean, 8 years is a very long time for a sci-fi show. Personally, I would'a been fine if it had ended with Season 6, so long as we got a movie. If it ends this year or next, I don't really care, it's been a spectacular ride, one that I can now repeat via DVD's. So, is there anyone else that would be satasfied with Season 8 being the end, but at the same time, also open to Season 9, should the producers go for it?

I highly doubt I'll have any long term feelings on the matter. It is, after all, just a television show.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
      Would you be OK with Season 8 be'n the final season?
      Yep. That would be fine with me.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't want a ninth season. If the entire cast returns, I'll be thrilled about it. But if not, I'd prefer season 8 to be the last.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I am not sure how I would feel about it until it actually happens.

And if it does end with 8, it better have a damn good final episode! Otherwise I will be not so happy...
        O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
        Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by Ramne
          And if it does end with 8, it better have a damn good final episode! Otherwise I will be not so happy...
          This I can agree with. But I think most season finales have been pretty good. 'Lost City' is definately on my list of all-time favorites.

Comment

Well, it would certainly clean up my friday night... But... I would be very sad to see it go. I had to stop myself from typing "so soon" at the end of that sentence. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
              Well, it would certainly clean up my friday night...
              How so? *cough*Atlantis*cough*

Comment

Of course the only problem is that like a lot of other people I only found Stargate when it was in it's rerun of a second season or something as again, like a lot of other people in the UK, I didn't have Sky or cable or whatever to get Stargate. So for me it has been 5 years and I'd be very happy to have it continue on for another 8 years and I do not mean watching repeats again and again. And yes I appreciate the actors have to have a life so 'I'm open' to change.
                jan t
                jan t

Comment

Hum.. Season 10 sounds like a good stoping point.
                  steelcage Desigsns

Comment

Well, before the break I wanted a season 9 at all costs, but for some reason now I wouln't really be that bothered if season 8 was the last. I guess it just because as time goes by seaon 9 seems less and less likely. First RDA probably wouldn't want to do season 9, and now AT gives us the news that she's pregnant. Not that it's bad news she's pregnant, I wish her good luck in her personal life, but it does make season 9 seem very unlikely, even if they delay filming. If I was AT I wouldn't want to spend time away from my newborn to film a tv show. I wouldn't mind a season 9 without Jack, but I don't think I'd enjoy one without Sam either.
                    My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Season 8 as the last season could work, depending on how many loose ends they tie up. They do have half a season to work with still. So I'd have to echo Ramne's sentiments and say "it better be a good finale."

Comment

Yeah, I guess I'll be fine with it. I really used to want a season 9, even if just to show up the X-Files (don't get me wrong, I love the show- I just don't like that last few seasons). Right now it's looking highly unlikely for a season 9, and there's some pretty good reasons for it. Just because there's no season 9 doesn't mean that Stargate has to end now- there's always movies and miniseries. Or a reunion special!
                        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

No, it's NOT ok. It's bad, very very bad. And wrong. And bad. Did I mention wrong?

Comment

It has to be the end. Richard Dean Anderson doesn't want it, Amanda Tapping is pregnant. Anyway you slice it, it just wouldn't be a very good season 9 with her in it that way. She will need an extreme amount of time out of the spotlight especially if this is her first kid!

Comment

First off, to answer the question, yes, I'd be "OK" since I know there's still going to be a movie, but I'd still prefer a season 9. It seems in Sci-Fi's best interest since ratings are still riising, and a season 9 would allow for more plot threads to be followed up on than a series of films could (and be fitting given 9 chevrons ). Plus, if it ends at 8, it will always be a bit of an annoyance whenever Stargate is referenced as the second-longest running American Sci-Fi series.

Now, in reply to Osiris: what's up w/ all the mention of Tapping's pregnancy being a negative factor? You'd think we could be happy for her! And it shouldn't be a negative; so they have to start filming later to accommodate it, so what? So they have to write it in to accommodate it, so what? The whole "keep her out of the spotlight" thing seems to be in rather poor taste; I don't think her attractiveness will be harmed at all, and it comes off as being a wee bit shallow to think otherwise, at least IMNSHO.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

Working...
                              X