Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Carson's demise was the result of one of the silliest ways I've ever seen someone killed on screen I really couldn't take it seriously! So his return as a clone didn't bother me at all and quite welcome. I quite liked his character.

Nice twist with the failsafe Michael built into his 'creations'. Poor Carson was unable to kill Michael and stop him taking Teyla, how frustrating is that! Michael is just so annoyingly smug!

Nice location use for Michael's hideout, it has such a great creepy derelict feel that really added to the horrible atmosphere of cruel experiments going on there.

I've wandered around there on a location tour and it was a bit weird watching this episode as it sort of drew me in more since it really was derelict and had a real abandoned feel to it in real life! I only recognised the place as being used in SGU until I started the SGA rewatch, it was certainly an interesting place to wander around and I can see why it's so popular for filming.

Filmed here for those who are interested.

It only mentions that 'Sateda' was filmed there, but it was used for more SGA episodes as I recognised certain areas.

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog:
      THE KINDRED II (419)

This episode was the culmination of about a half dozen ongoing story threads, from Michael and the missing Athosians to Teyla’s pregnancy and Beckett’s mysterious reappearance. It all dovetailed nicely, setting the stage for one of my favorite Stargate season finales. Carson’s return is short-lived and, while he’s put on ice at episode’s end, he does return, more or less for good, the following season. Actress Rachel Luttrell’s pregnancy was a curveball thrown our way at the start of the year, but I thought we did a nice job of embracing the reality and incorporating into the ongoing storyline. What started as an unexpected complication blossomed into one of the most interesting arcs in Stargate history. This two parter, by the way, was shot out of sequence and earlier in the production schedule to shoot Rachel out and obviate the need for an emergency standby midwife in the unlikely event she gave birth on set.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh goddess.... what arc is he talking about?

Idiots, the lot of them.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

When have been through this before FH. Just because you do not like does not disqualify it as an arc
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

It wasn't an arc... I'll stick to that.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It was a story that spanned multiple episode. Of course that is an arc
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Midweek, another ep of Atlantis.

1. Now here came the various other moments I remembered from this two parter.

2. Looking back, I'm guessing the original plot of Vengeance involved Carson getting kidnapped.

3. Is it me or does Chriistopher Heyerdahl look more like John Druitt when playing Halling when he did?
                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

The end of an alright two parter.

I feel so sorry for clone Beckett. Imagine you have been kidnapped for two years. And to finally be reunited with your friends. Only to find out you're a clone. Not how he pictured the reunion, indeed.

So close yet so far from saving Teyla.

See you later Beckett
                  sigpic

Comment

Unlike other I really liked Sunday. I liked the emotional impact the episode had for all the Atlantis members to say goodbye to their friend. Because of that I kind of felt that this episode cheapens the sacrifice that Beckett made in Sunday. We can just bring the guy back with cloning just seems like an easy cop out to Carson being killed. As a result I guess its not hard to see that I dislike the cliche " No one ever dies in scifi." The interaction of Beckett and his cellular degradation does not interest me that much of that cheapness. The exception being the end scene where they all say goodbye. I was more interested in the hunting down of Micheal and the plague. I never saw the compliant of Keller jumping back when she saw Nebin. It was the reaction I expected with someone who tried to kill her. The inability for clones to kill Micheal seems too simple for me.
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't understand why some people aren't very happy with Carson's return. I loved his bedside manner and clone or real, I was glad to see him again.

I also don't understand why others didn't like Keller. She's only been in her position for a short time and also a senior position for the first time. It's not surprising that she doesn't seem confident sometimes. She's just getting started, cut her some slack.

Comment

Average episode. Good to see Michael almost lose.

I'm quite speechless about the Carson Clone. That should never have happened. Hope Teyla will be rescued in next ep.

The writers made a huge mistake in bringing back a dead character like that. Sorry if I hurt any-ones feelings here, but it just made no sense at all...

I fast forwarded the end scene, since Carson already said goodbye a long time ago...
                        Last edited by Cluas; 23 February 2013, 11:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I'm looking forward to a cure for Old Age. The Wraith have been shown to manipulate with aging on a few occasions. But of course I don't expect the team to find it, because generally the show appears to be preaching how the status quo of how humans on Earth function (including dying) is ideal.

Reading a few threads on here Gateworld already revealed to me that Carson was a clone before I saw this episode. That was a spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpaca View Post
                            I don't understand why some people aren't very happy with Carson's return. I loved his bedside manner and clone or real, I was glad to see him again.
                            me too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X