• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'The Kindred, Part 1' (418) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 418

As a mysterious new illness sweeps through the Pegasus Galaxy, Teyla is convinced by a vision that the father of her child is trying to communicate with her.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 01:12 AM.

Why did the Daedalus use railguns first instead of the beam weapons? Also, missing the ship with the Asgard beam weapon? My god....it's making our ships' crews look incompetent.

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
      Why did the Daedalus use railguns first instead of the beam weapons? Also, missing the ship with the Asgard beam weapon? My god....it's making our ships' crews look incompetent.
      Yea, where is Marks?

Comment

Carson's backkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Comment

Am I the only one who thought Carson's accent sounded a bit... off?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            to caught up in the moment to notice
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Yashiv View Post
              Carson's backkkkkkkkkkkkkk
              This ep was awesome and next week looks to be even better....Carson is back, Michael is causing havoc....it is just another day in the Pegasus Galaxy!!
              Sigs made by EG & Teylafan
              &=AWESOME &Forever
              No SGA fics yet....but ya never know

Comment

It did sound a little funny.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Yes. You are the only one.
                  sigpic
                  It was Arrested Development

Comment

It was ... okay.

Skiffy ruined a lot with their stupid ad, alas, but I think my main complaint, well, concern, was that we had a lot of little scenes strung together of people going back and forth and back and forth.

Great scene: Rodney giving Teyla the present. Aw, how precious. Oh wait, he wants to brainwash the kid! Eek, run!

Best scene: the last five seconds when they find carson, which was no surprise. Gee, I wonder why. Blasted Skiffy.

Anyway, I did like the definite undercurrent of animosity between SHep and gang and Todd. They both consider themselve necessary evils to complete their tasks. I honestly dont' want to see it any other way.

Overall, for me, it's a C+ as the build-up was just, go to the market, go back, to the market, go back.

Waiting to see what they do in part 2 as I expect it will be a lot better now that they've got beckett and can deal with, oh geez, they gave away the spoilers on that too. Ah, just let us buy the DVDs already

Comment

I found this episode REALLY predicable. I think it was the preview of the episode last week that really gave it away. It was just the Michael part that connected the dots.

Spoiler:
                      I think when we found out it was Michael it was really simple. He is working with replicators. The Athosans are replicators. Carson is a replicator. I just need to figure out what Teyla has to do with all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
                        Yes. You are the only one.
                        Obviously not.

Comment

Good ep. Even though I knew what was coming at the end I love the way they did it. "Well he was guarding something" and then they all slowly walk up to the door before revealing Carson. Michael was back which was great. I always love what they do with his character and Connor Trineer is just such a good actor. I am very intrigued as to what will happen in part two with Teyla, Mikey, and the Athosians as well as with Carson and the gang back at Atlantis. I still don't know what the escape hatch they wrote into S3 was to bring him back So I look forward to finding out during the episode. I love when I keep myself from major spoilers like that. Over all pretty good ep that I feel was building to a crescendo of awesomeness in part two and TLM. 8/10!

Perfecto!

Comment

This episode was just all kinds of awesome. It was so big, too! I'm not even talking about special effects-wise, it was big for the whole mythology of the series. Almost everything came together and clashed. Sometimes, if things/people don't interact you forget they're part of the same galaxy. Todd, Michael, Hoff, Carson, everything! Coming together to make one kick-butt story!

And OMG Rodney had cool moments with people besides Sheppard? Nice scene with Teyla in the commissary, some nice (small) moments with Sam, and some pretty awesome subtle stuff with Ronon. That's what I'm talking about!
                            sigpic
                            It was Arrested Development

Comment

What a cool episode! It kind of started off a little slow but it went great. I thought that Teyla's visions of Kanaan were just dreams at first, I was surprised that they were real. Interesting lead up. I always wondered what happend to the Hoffans, I'm not surprised they were destroyed. But how did Todd/Michael find out about the Hoffan's drug research? So is Michael creating human-Wraith hybrids now instead of the bug creatures? Weird. I thought that Michael looked more human than before. He also has human eyes now. Kanaan's now part Wraith! How crushing for Teyla. How did Michael convince the Athosians to serve him? Something's going on there. I hope that the Athoians are normal and not all human/Wraith hybrids. Does Michael eat regular food now? Does he still live forever or at least not age? I'm surprised that Todd wasn't killed on the spot after what happend to the Midway Space Station, but it was good to see him again. Nice to see the Daedalus and Caldwell again. Who else thinks he needs more screentime these days? Dr. Beckett! That was fantastic. Of course, I'm not surprised that it was at the very end with the "To be continued..." text.

Great episode over all.

What is with the Replicator Beckett thing for next week? I hope this is just misinformation like most clips give and he isn't really a Replicator. Plus, I'm sure everyone will be furious with the "Beckett in the flesh" promise. I hope either there is more than one Beckett (Human and Replicator) or it's just to throw people off. So are the Asurans invovled in next week's conclusion or something? Why was there a scene of Beckett in a stasis pod?

Vala,

Comment

Working...
                              X