• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Midway' (417) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FOUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 417

Teal'c visits Atlantis to counsel a headstrong Ronon, who is up for review by the I.O.A. But the two must work together when the Wraith invade the Midway space station in order to reach Earth.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 01:10 AM.

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
    I'm sure we're all dying to know what happens. Does the Midway space station survive?

Vala,
    Spoiler:
    No, it goes boom.

Comment

Okay folks.. so I very much enjoyed the episode. Overall it was very good, although I do have a few issues with it, but those issues tend to be with the series as a whole lately.

Was quite enjoyable, I'd rate it about an 8 out of 10.

And that my Stargate friends, is all I'll say. Of course, the only crappy thing is now I have nothing to look forward to on Friday night!!

-Scott

Comment

PLEASE can someone provide a synopsis of what happens (behind spoiler tags) for those of us who want to know? (I'M DESPERATE!)

You know I would do it for you

Comment

Originally posted by Thain View Post
          Spoiler:
          No, it goes boom.
          Why did I click that? Not surprised though. I can't wait to see this one.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Spoiler:
            No, it goes boom.
            Thanks. That is very disappointing though. How, the Wraith do it, a self destruct or what exactly?

What else happend in the episode?

Thanks,
            Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
              Thanks. That is very disappointing though. How, the Wraith do it, a self destruct or what exactly?

What else happend in the episode?

Thanks,
              Vala,
              I haven't seen it but it doesn't disappoint me. For one it makes it harder to get reinforcements from Earth or to make repairs for ships. Also with the Bridge in place it can easily be rebuilt.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                PLEASE can someone provide a synopsis of what happens (behind spoiler tags) for those of us who want to know? (I'M DESPERATE!)

You know I would do it for you
                WARNING - lots o spoilers below:

Spoiler:
                Starts with Teyla describing her interview with the new IOA guy Coolidge. He seemed perturbed by her pregnancy but passes her because he thinks she'll leave the team after the baby. Shep says of course you won't, and she gives a maybe/maybe not look.

Teal'c arrives to help Ronon w/his interview but he claims he doesn't need help. Teal'c does a great job of goading Ronon with sample interview questions into losing his temper. They have a sparring match with everyone betting but Carter stops it. There's no winner, though Ronon does break Teal'c's stick near the end.

Teal'c and Ronon travel to Midway together and have to spend 24 hours in quarantine. Dr Lee and Kavanaugh are there too.

Meanwhile the Wraith are on the planet with the last gate in the chain on the Pegasus side. They tap into the network and send forces to Midway. It's later revealed that the Wraith leader (previously unknown) learned the info on how to from Todd. I got the impression he either forced it out of Todd or got it in a sneaky way - not with Todd's cooperation.

Lee locks them out of the Milky Way gate. All the guards are killed along with a redshirt scientist. Kavanaugh faints before he can be questioned. The Wraith break Lee's code and send a device to the SGC that stuns everyone (inc. Walter!) and then send troops through. Teal'c and Ronon fight their way to the gateroom and follow them through to the SGC.

Ronon and Teal'c battle the Wraith and find Coolidge but are separated. Coolidge wants to set the self destruct but Ronon ignores him and goes to help Teal'c who's alone and outnumbered. A Wraith starts to feed on Teal'c but Ronon kills it. It was only a few seconds so I don't think poor Teal'c lost any more years - they didn't say anything about that anyhow.

Atlantis figures out what's happening when they lose contact w/Midway. Shep, McKay and Marines go to Midway by diverting to another gate near the end of the chain. Shep and the Marines battle the Wraith while McKay and Lee try to shut down the Milky Way gate. Kavanaugh ignores McKay and does something that sets off the Midway self-destruct.

Shep orders them to vent the atmosphere in all but the control room even though he's still outside. (Most of the Marines have been killed by the Wraith.) When they refill the atmosphere, McKay, Lee and Kavanaugh head for the puddlejumper. They find Shep alive in a space suit. (My one quibble was how was it easier to get in the spacesuit than the airlock? But it was a cool moment anyway.) The puddlejumper launches just in time and the Midway station blows up.

Ronon passes his interview with flying colors and one of the big ships (blanking on the name) goes to the Midway location and picks up the puddlejumper. Very funny end scene where Ronon finds Shep locked alone in the cockpit with headphones to avoid the annoying scientists.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Starts with Teyla describing her interview with the new IOA guy Coolidge. He seemed perturbed by her pregnancy but passes her because he thinks she'll leave the team after the baby. Shep says of course you won't, and she gives a maybe/maybe not look.

Teal'c arrives to help Ronon w/his interview but he claims he doesn't need help. Teal'c does a great job of goading Ronon with sample interview questions into losing his temper. They have a sparring match with everyone betting but Carter stops it. There's no winner, though Ronon does break Teal'c's stick near the end.

Teal'c and Ronon travel to Midway together and have to spend 24 hours in quarantine. Dr Lee and Kavanaugh are there too.

Meanwhile the Wraith are on the planet with the last gate in the chain on the Pegasus side. They tap into the network and send forces to Midway. It's later revealed that the Wraith leader (previously unknown) learned the info on how to from Todd. I got the impression he either forced it out of Todd or got it in a sneaky way - not with Todd's cooperation.

Lee locks them out of the Milky Way gate. All the guards are killed along with a redshirt scientist. Kavanaugh faints before he can be questioned. The Wraith break Lee's code and send a device to the SGC that stuns everyone (inc. Walter!) and then send troops through. Teal'c and Ronon fight their way to the gateroom and follow them through to the SGC.

Ronon and Teal'c battle the Wraith and find Coolidge but are separated. Coolidge wants to set the self destruct but Ronon ignores him and goes to help Teal'c who's alone and outnumbered. A Wraith starts to feed on Teal'c but Ronon kills it. It was only a few seconds so I don't think poor Teal'c lost any more years - they didn't say anything about that anyhow.

Atlantis figures out what's happening when they lose contact w/Midway. Shep, McKay and Marines go to Midway by diverting to another gate near the end of the chain. Shep and the Marines battle the Wraith while McKay and Lee try to shut down the Milky Way gate. Kavanaugh ignores McKay and does something that sets off the Midway self-destruct.

Shep orders them to vent the atmosphere in all but the control room even though he's still outside. (Most of the Marines have been killed by the Wraith.) When they refill the atmosphere, McKay, Lee and Kavanaugh head for the puddlejumper. They find Shep alive in a space suit. (My one quibble was how was it easier to get in the spacesuit than the airlock? But it was a cool moment anyway.) The puddlejumper launches just in time and the Midway station blows up.

Ronon passes his interview with flying colors and one of the big ships (blanking on the name) goes to the Midway location and picks up the puddlejumper. Very funny end scene where Ronon finds Shep locked alone in the cockpit with headphones to avoid the annoying scientists.
                  Wow sounds great. Friday is too far away now.

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Kavanaugh lives ? Good god I hate that guy. Though I kind of do agree with him on blowing up the Midway Station. If it can happen once & the Wraith actually gets to the SGC once then they can do it again. It probably is to dangerous to have something like that around when enemies would be able to use it. Although I still hate Kavanaugh

Comment

Spoiler:

OMG Kavannagh... did he die?
                      My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Actually Kavanaugh set off the self-destruct accidentally by blundering into a Wraith boobytrap in the coding.

Yes he lives and Dr Lee lives. Only redshirts and Wraith die.

Comment

He lives!!!!

*Does happy dance*

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Actually Kavanaugh set off the self-destruct accidentally by blundering into a Wraith boobytrap in the coding.

Yes he lives and Dr Lee lives. Only redshirts and Wraith die.
                            Is there some shep whump *she asks hopeful*

And yes, still I have no shame.

What would you rate it as?

Comment

Yeah, when the atmosphere is vented Shep has to crawl along gasping for air.

I give it a 10, I loved it.

Comment

Working...
                              X