• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ji Yeon (407)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON FOUR
    JI YEON
    EPISODE NUMBER - 407

Unable to trust their "rescuers," Sun decides to move to Locke's camp -- prompting Juliet to do everything in her power to keep her and Jin with the beach camp. Sayid and Desmond meet the captain of the freighter face-to-face.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 22 April 2008, 12:47 PM.

Great episode, i'm likeing the end a lot.

Can someone tell me what they were saying when she was having her baby? A thunderstorm warning thing was going across the screen the whole time and it covered the words up.
    sigpic

Comment

I am so crushed! How shocking was that?! So sad.

I got pretty angry during the whole flashback flashforward confusingness, but then it was just sad. Great episode! Can't wait for next week.

In response to the previous poster, if you mean the doctors, they just told her that he wasn't here yet, and that they might have to do a c-section, she didn't want one, but then the baby came anyway.

Up here some preview for Dancing With the Stars obscured her and Jin's heart to heart, but I got the gist of it anyway. How annoying is that!
      sigpic

Comment

The ending did confuse me a bit... Did Jin fake his own death? It would be unusual and unlikely that the flashforwards of Jin and Sun would take place at different time periods, but then again I've also heard that one of the Oceanic Six would die, not just be thought dead. It's got me wondering.

But as interested as I am in that, Michael's return has me much more interested. I think the way they brought him back was perfect: it wasn't overly dramatic, there was very little build-up (except for the slow walk-up toward the camera, which enhanced it further given unspoiled folk would come to the realization around the same time as Sayid) so that it was just as much a slap in the face to the viewer as it was to Sayid. The "introduction" between Michael and Sayid was well done, and I look forward to some unrestrained confrontation next week.

Throw in the ending, Bernard/Jin moment (albeit it did seem like a plot device), the Sun/Jin moments, and the Juliet/Sun moments, and you've got an excellent episode. Early season three was clearly a temporary slump; Lost continues to deliver week after week.
        Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
        Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
        Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
        Stargate Destiny, Fan
        Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Yea, I'm totally confused about why Jin and Sun aren't together? Is he in an AU or did he go crazy upon returning and not remember Sun?

Comment

i was under the impression that jin's dash to the hospital was in the past...cause he was working for sun's dad, which i don't see him doing now.

I didn't catch the date on the tombstone, but i got the idea that jin died/is going to die, getting sun and the baby off hte island

so sun is one of the oceanic six with hurley, jack and kate.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Actually, that clears up quite a bit, Skydiver. Jin's parts were flashbacks while Sun's parts were flashforwards. Thanks for clearing that up.

Jin's fate is sealed, then, at some point or another. Glad he's still around for a while, though.
              Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
              Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
              Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
              Stargate Destiny, Fan
              Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Jin's was a flashback to 2000, because of the year of the dragon reference when he was buying stuffed animals.

Date on the tombstone was the day of the plane crash, so something is very fishy with his "death".

Comment

That is actually a question I have. Is the future we are shown set in stone?

Comment

*mops up tears* That was SO sad....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                      That is actually a question I have. Is the future we are shown set in stone?
                      Yes. That's why they mentioned that whole course correction thing in last year's Desmond episode. So that you know what we see in the future won't change.

Comment

NOOOOOOOO!!!! NOT JIN!!!! Jin's a great character whom I will miss when he dies. Luckily though, that won't happen for a while yet. It's good that he's not off the show. Yet. The preview for episode 8 did say that "someone will die." Who that is...well...Also, I think it's rather interesting that Hurley was the only one who came to the funeral...Although, it could be that Jack was engaged at a hospital, Kate couldn't leave California, and Sayid was off killing for Ben. I guess we're supposed to assume too that Jin was the last of the Oceanic Six, since he had a grave, but still, it could've been merely a symbol of his death on Island.

Anyway, on to the other major event in the episode: Michael. I suspected, as soon as Naomi was introduced, that Michael was on the Freighter and that he was Ben's spy when that was brought up in the premiere. As for why he's there and how...well, prepare for some spoilers, some of which are concrete and some are merely speculation:

Spoiler:
                        A few sneak peaks have been made available (already!) for the next episode. They're located here: http://spoilerslost.blogspot.com/
                        In the second one, Michael is confronted by Sayid on the deck of the Freighter and is asked why he's there. Michael answers cryptically that he's "there to die." I believe that Michael may be there to destroy the Freighter for Ben. I'm also relatively certain that Michael's story has something to do with time travel, although I'm not sure whether he went to the future or the past. This also accounts for Walt's increased age when appearing to people on the Island. Although, I can't imagine why Michael would be there to die if Walt was still alive though...

Anyway, in regards to the bloodstain in Sayid and Desmond's new...I hesitate to call them accommodations...the angle of the blood on the wall seems to indicate that the person who died there either shot themselves or was shot by someone. And given the attitude of the captain, I'd say the latter's rather likely.

Overall, **1/2 stars
                        Spoiler:
                        Check out my fanfiction! http://www.fanfiction.net/~memnarch

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                          *mops up tears* That was SO sad....
                          I know. It made me cry too.
                          It was sad and beautiful but leaves the question....how did he die?
                          And another question...wouldn't the date of his death mess with her "supposed" conception date?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

The date on Jin's tombstone is Sept 2004 - the day the plane crashed. So I believe that it's possible that Jin is still alive on the island because we know that he did survive the crash.

Aren't we missing 1 of the Oceanic 6? We have: Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sun and Sayid. Aaron can't count because he wasn't on the passenger list. Michael is off the island, but he is only on the boat. So we still need 1 more person to be revealed. Am I right in thinking that?

Comment

Just had another thought - could it be Jin that is in the coffin??

Comment

Working...
                              X