Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
    It was definitely a good episode. I think most of the punch is the last scene though -- 'cause the rest is mainly setup/tying things off (with Gin). A filler episode.
    That was definitely intended to be the Big Event of the episode, and what exactly is going on with Chloe will be revisited. The rest, I freely admit, was just to get some new plot threads building; the "recruits" Telford's collecting will figure in later on, though you always need to remember just how much Homeworld wants to reassert control over the ship.

Not a bad thing by the way. It absolutely has a place and a purpose. I just wouldn't expect it to have as big a response as -- say -- Star By Star.
    Oh totally. I just like hearing general responses and seeing what people thought. I'm not expecting everything to get a 5 page debate over its implications like "Star By Star" did haha. Though to be fair, that was awesome

Is Chloe right, though, I wonder ...
    We'll shall see
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

True, so while she was under influence she had a super intellect and learned how to do calculations even with out knowing the functions, did Rush told her what a "Square Root" Root" was, for example or did she simple understand it? Maybe the Aliens learned all the functions and operations from Rush and "uploaded" it all into Chloe!
      given her abilities with Destiny, she likely had a rudimentary database uploaded + a good dose of experience.

the Blues likely removed the infected part but some of this knowledge had simply rooted into her "own mind" and thus was overlooked by the Blues or simply undetectable. consider it like the Galaran memory device.

I can't see the healing being anything but a result of the infection, just like the skin changes. In regards to her upgraded knowledge, isn't it more like "superintellect" when you look at how much she knew? FTL calculations, the blues/Follower language, perfect understanding of Destiny's systems, etc.?
      not perfect. and she didn't have to actually know anything about Destiny. if she had the experience of a dozen Blue shipbuilders, structural builders, circuit designers etc, she could easily extrapolate and predict how Destiny would be built.

I can't see the healing being anything but a result of the infection,
      yes, but the question is, did the infection put HER system in overdrive or was it the infection ITSELF doing the healing?

That's what I finished the episode dying to know. Where does she stand right now, and what's their objective this time around? Like Rush said, how do we know they really fixed her at all?
      given the sheer amount of Data Chloe would've collected, the Blues likely did not want that same knowledge to fall into the Crew's hands. again it's likely similar to the Galaran memory device in that their treatment, to them, left a mark. they scrubbed the treatment from Chloe. however based upon everything i know, it would simply "bleed" from the Infection to Chloe. routines "installed" into the Infection would be "programmed" into Chloe.

so while the Blues, to their knowledge, removed any trace of their infection, in reality some of it left a fingerprint. consider it Malware on your PC, but the computer makes some copies of some data and installs routines into it's own system, making it invisible to the Blues but still present and useful.

i think the main skills "inherited" would be some hardcore calculation cracking, but i doubt she truly understands WHAT she does. the infection was far more of a data probe than a "rogue AI". so the probe infection likely steered chloe to do what it was programmed to do without any real explanation of why it did it and what it did.

it's likely that Rush could let her do calculations, but she won't understand them like Rush does. she can calculate FTL but i doubt she truly understands the formulas and tricks at hand. i mean, i've seen some relatively simple math being transformed, and as soon as a person starts to skip more than 2 steps, i'm not following it anymore. let lone when a skilled person would skip over 10 steps. for chloe it would appear as a series of calculations she does almost automated. just as you don't think about how you write your signature.

the healing is an interesting thing as it's not learned, however it can either be residual hormones and enzymes from the Infection still at work, or her healing has significantly improved and the infection has left a mark on that too.

so yea, i don't think the question is, "did they truly heal her". i think it's far more of a "how far did the infection change the core Chloe".

i think it would be downright foolish to make it a "Blues didn't heal her". the infection was set up, carefully displayed, went slow (as opposed to SOME transformations) and was quite realistically displayed, with mere symptoms growing into major aspects of her illness. there were benefits, as the Blues obviously didn't want their probe to die.

in the same trend of realism, the infection would've changed chloe. not just in a litteral form, but also in the details. it's likely the Blues had added some kind of marking to their work so they can easily identify it, or their work itself was obvious to them, so there really is no reason why the Blues couldn't scrub the infection itself. plus they likely already know all they want to know since they got Chloe. which is a thing that could be explored.

so it would be an incredible opportunity to explore what the infection truly did to Chloe, in a permanent way. what are, simply put, the scars of her Blue time?

Comment

A good episode, had the feel of a "filler" episode but did abit to add a couple of new storylines; such as Telford gathering recruits and the possible return of Chloe's infection by the Followers (I think that's what you called them in "Alone"). I especially liked the fact that you maintained tension between Perry and Eli, and Eli and Ginn, instead of just making everything fine between them - it really adds a sense of realism.

One question I do have is how is Earth going to send the new recruits to Destiny. I know the crew are heading back to Novus where they hope there is a naquadria core capable of dialling the Milky Way, but how are they going to send supplies to the ship? Have they discovered another Icarus-type planet in the Milky Way or Pegasus?

Also I think Eli said in "Nod" that Perry and Ginn's consciousnesses had been copied. Does that mean there are now 2 versions of them, one "reborn" and the another in the computer?

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        so it would be an incredible opportunity to explore what the infection truly did to Chloe, in a permanent way. what are, simply put, the scars of her Blue time?
        I can imagine this is gonna be a storyline that s09119 continues throughout the season.
        SG Vennix
        (Executive Producer/Creator)
        - Coming Soon -
        http://vennixproductions.wikia.com/

Star Chronicles: Dark Frontier

Comment

Earth would merely need the "jumpstart" for a 9th chevron dial. after that, Novus can power the rest.

it would still likely tax a ZPM

Comment

Originally posted by Dan93 View Post
            A good episode, had the feel of a "filler" episode but did abit to add a couple of new storylines; such as Telford gathering recruits and the possible return of Chloe's infection by the Followers (I think that's what you called them in "Alone"). I especially liked the fact that you maintained tension between Perry and Eli, and Eli and Ginn, instead of just making everything fine between them - it really adds a sense of realism.
            I really liked that. I was thinking about it myself, how Eli must absolutely hate Perry for costing him Ginn.

One question I do have is how is Earth going to send the new recruits to Destiny. I know the crew are heading back to Novus where they hope there is a naquadria core capable of dialling the Milky Way, but how are they going to send supplies to the ship? Have they discovered another Icarus-type planet in the Milky Way or Pegasus?
            Like thekillman said, I think it was discussed in one of the other shows that as long as one end has the power, it can connect.

Also I think Eli said in "Nod" that Perry and Ginn's consciousnesses had been copied. Does that mean there are now 2 versions of them, one "reborn" and the another in the computer?
            Oh, I'd forgotten about that entirely, that'll be interesting to see resolved.

Earth would merely need the "jumpstart" for a 9th chevron dial. after that, Novus can power the rest.

I wish I could remember where they talked about that concept, it's going to bother me all night.

Comment

indeed.jpg

Comment

I wish I could remember where they talked about that concept, it's going to bother me all night.
                SGA's "Home"

season 1 i believe. or season 2.

it's not just "one end has the power"

the dialling end requires sufficient power to have a connection for a fraction of a second. long enough for a wormhole to form between the gates. after that, the wormhole allows transfer of power and the dialled gate can sustain the connection.

we know wormholes can allow power from one gate to another as, for example, the Asurans powered a shield through a stargate. Anubis transfered power from one gate to another via the Stargate Destroyer.

Comment

SGA's "Home"

season 1 i believe. or season 2.

it's not just "one end has the power"

the dialling end requires sufficient power to have a connection for a fraction of a second. long enough for a wormhole to form between the gates. after that, the wormhole allows transfer of power and the dialled gate can sustain the connection.

we know wormholes can allow power from one gate to another as, for example, the Asurans powered a shield through a stargate. Anubis transfered power from one gate to another via the Stargate Destroyer.
                  All very true. And all very relevant.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

yay. can i get my cookie now?

Comment

Do we all get cookies now?

Comment

cookies sound good
                        sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

So no update yet, but...

It's my 21st birthday! Which will unfortunately be spent completing two presentations due tomorrow But still, 21!

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            So no update yet, but...

It's my 21st birthday! Which will unfortunately be spent completing two presentations due tomorrow But still, 21!
                            Happy birthday!! Oh well, I spent my last birthday in a 2 hour geography exam... good times
                            SG Vennix
                            - Coming Soon -
                            http://vennixproductions.wikia.com/

Star Chronicles: Dark Frontier

Comment

happy birthday!

cake in stead of cookies is fine too.

Comment

happy bday
                                sigpic