No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work, I wasn't expecting another 305.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Acts of Contrition was wonderful. It showed that the betrayal of Earth was the action of a demented government and not the action of the people of China. You did a great job with this one s09. The only problem that I found with it was that you said that the extraction of Gen. O'neill and the others occured over Earth. In "Severed Dreams" it was stated that the extraction occured over Ankgor not Earth. Other than that it was perfect.

Also an undamaged MBP-305 should really help us out in the long run.

Dr. Daedalus
      God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
      Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

what was the name of the one of the Jaffa ship class? It wasn't the Ha'tak. It was the bigger one that was introduced in the story. I forgot its name

Comment

the larger ha'tak is called a hak'tyl

and s09119. congrats on a good story. a second 305? the Derkal better watch out for Sam's geurilla tactics now. but what happened to the 303? that could have been useful aswell.

i was expecting another 304 not a 305 man.....whoa you are so good.

also about the race that joins forces with the derkal. tell me it isn't an angry alliance member is it? like and irritated Tok'ra or something?

if not then i have a feeling its the Aschen
          sigpic

Comment

The new Ha'tak is called a Ha'tak'ko. (Super-ha'tak)
            sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              14x03 "Acts of Contrition"
              Synopsis: The unexpected arrival of Chinese survivors from Earth—complete with their own warship—draws deep divisions amongst the refugees, forcing Carter into a confrontation.
              Just a small typo I'd like to point out, seeing we are on Season 15. If its any consolation, the episode was so good nobody cared to notice! Not that I didn't like it, it was brilliant, IMO. Keep it up s09119!
              Last edited by hamatau'ri; 07 February 2009, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                This is turning into a full blown BSG scenario.
                Unfortunately, I agree too.
                I do like BSG, but I'd prefer not see the same plots. I don't want to have something like:
                (next is a spoiler for BSG, season 4)
                Spoiler:
                oh, they're gonna fake a fire alert, evacuate the areas, grab the guns, disable comm, kill the unorganised loyal soldiers, take over the ship and force their political leaders (BSG: roslin, SG: i assume talbot) to flee the ship while the military leaders (BSG: Adama & Tigh, SG: carter & perhaps o'neill) fight to the death so the politicians can escape
                all the while 2 other loyals (BSG: lee & starbuck, SG: probably daniel & eaton) sneak around the ship in an attempt to take back control
                ("loyals" are people that don't support the coup )

I hope you let your own inspiration shape the coup and don't base it on BSG. If you would make it a replica of BSG, then i'm sorry, you may have written a great continuation, but that would really ruin it for me.

To any bsg fans: i haven't seen the 2nd episode of the military coup of BSG yet when I posted this message, so I do not know who dies. Any indication that someone might die is simply because of a different interpretation of my "spoiler"

Comment

WOW great eppie. I wasnt expecting a new ship. but great job nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
                    Acts of Contrition was wonderful. It showed that the betrayal of Earth was the action of a demented government and not the action of the people of China. You did a great job with this one s09. The only problem that I found with it was that you said that the extraction of Gen. O'neill and the others occured over Earth. In "Severed Dreams" it was stated that the extraction occured over Ankgor not Earth. Other than that it was perfect.

Also an undamaged MBP-305 should really help us out in the long run.

Dr. Daedalus
                    I fixed that haha, thank you. I knew that was wrong after I signed off last night, but I was hoping no one would notice until morning xD

Originally posted by Commander Thor View Post
                    the larger ha'tak is called a hak'tyl
                    Yes, it's a Hak'tyl-class mothership or a Ha'tak'ko (Super-ha'tak)

and s09119. congrats on a good story. a second 305? the Derkal better watch out for Sam's geurilla tactics now. but what happened to the 303? that could have been useful aswell.
                    The Chinese BC-303 was destroyed when their settlement was destroyed

also about the race that joins forces with the derkal. tell me it isn't an angry alliance member is it? like and irritated Tok'ra or something?

if not then i have a feeling its the Aschen
                    Which race it is will be revealed in the episode "Power Play."

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                    The new Ha'tak is called a Ha'tak'ko. (Super-ha'tak)
                    Thank you, Mcoy

Originally posted by hamatau'ri View Post
                    Just a small typo I'd like to point out, seeing we are on Season 15. If its any consolation, the episode was so good nobody cared to notice! Not that I didn't like it, it was brilliant, IMO. Keep it up s09119!
                    Wow, I didn't even notice that one. Thanks!

Originally posted by TheCainer View Post
                    Unfortunately, I agree too.
                    I do like BSG, but I'd prefer not see the same plots. I don't want to have something like:
                    (next is a spoiler for BSG, season 4)
                    Spoiler:
                    oh, they're gonna fake a fire alert, evacuate the areas, grab the guns, disable comm, kill the unorganised loyal soldiers, take over the ship and force their political leaders (BSG: roslin, SG: i assume talbot) to flee the ship while the military leaders (BSG: Adama & Tigh, SG: carter & perhaps o'neill) fight to the death so the politicians can escape
                    all the while 2 other loyals (BSG: lee & starbuck, SG: probably daniel & eaton) sneak around the ship in an attempt to take back control
                    ("loyals" are people that don't support the coup )

I hope you let your own inspiration shape the coup and don't base it on BSG. If you would make it a replica of BSG, then i'm sorry, you may have written a great continuation, but that would really ruin it for me.

To any bsg fans: i haven't seen the 2nd episode of the military coup of BSG yet when I posted this message, so I do not know who dies. Any indication that someone might die is simply because of a different interpretation of my "spoiler"
                    Ummm... to be fair, I had this whole thing planned out months ago, as evidenced by the fact that the names of the episodes come out weeks/a month or two before the actual season gets going. I'm not copying BSG on anything, but if they happen to do something similar, that's not my fault.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                      This is turning into a full blown BSG scenario.
                      I was thinking that too. Although maybe it's because I'm envisioning the 305 as a Mercury-class Battlestar.

Still, a good ep. The 305 was unexpected, and I hope the coup can be sorted out fully so we can see some 305 double-timing on the Der'kal.
                      Prepare for the future. My SGA fic

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=61886

Comment

Originally posted by Darkside_Six View Post
                        I was thinking that too. Although maybe it's because I'm envisioning the 305 as a Mercury-class Battlestar.

Still, a good ep. The 305 was unexpected, and I hope the coup can be sorted out fully so we can see some 305 double-timing on the Der'kal.
                        For me it was the "everybody shooting each other" thing.

Comment

Good episode s09119, the brand new 305 was a surprise, and it came out on the same day as my bdai which was handy enough!

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Human "Loyalties" are pushed to the breaking point!
                            It began with an assassination attempt on Samantha Carter's life, a devastating explosion that claimed the lives of dozens of innocents. But if anyone thought the dissension within the Tau'ri was finished, they're certainly incorrect. After waiting and watching for some time, those who believe they can bring their people home have ensured that all the pieces are in place to make their most-shocking move yet; a complete military coup d'etat.

In a shocking move that will test the true allegiances of all the survivors, Colonels Carter and Taylor are deposed and taken into custody, leaving the Jupiter and Beta Site alike in the hands of dangerous conspirators. With the primary leads of the refugees taken out, the task of saving them all falls to Daniel, Jack, and Talbot. Can this makeshift team of heroes restore order before the last thread of cohesion snaps? Or has the final bell truly tolled for Earth?

"Loyalties" will not feature any major guest stars.
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

cool

Comment

Wow. I am looking forward to this one a lot.

Dr. Daedalus
                                God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                                Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Working...
                                X