This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone else hate the little girl?

The first time they showed her I could tell she looked like a spoiled, self centered, stuck up, rich kid. I was pretty much right. She was an idiot. John saved their hides and she makes him out to be a coward.

She was definitely playing it up. But after the second showing, I thought she was what she was supposed to be: a little girl who'd been told all her life that she was the next Queen. Of course she'd be stuck up and arrogant, she'd never had anyone starighten her out.

Look at her conversation with John when they were talking about a queen's obligations to herself versus her people. Perfect example.

At the end, even after what she'd been through, she still showed as being a little girl. It fit, to me, and so I ultimately have no beef with the episode.
    It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
    --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

I liked the conversation with John about obligations. She acted mature there. I mean it was a great episode, I just wish she could have played her character different.
      But I'm not going to like everybody I see so I will stop ranting about her.

Comment

We're supposed to hate her for most of the episode, and then *maybe* forgive her towards the end. The climax after that is the painting.

If you feel that way, that's exactly the way the writers intended and it's a job well done.

Comment

they should have used her as a meat shield to fight the genii imo.

Comment

I guess it is hard to find child actors who can pull off complex characters, and she was complex, she was more then just a brat as Rodney found out... but yeah I just don't like kids on shows, any shows... they annoy me in real life why on earth would I want to watch them on TV?

Comment

I did but you gotta love the painting xD

Comment

Originally posted by ZampraZ View Post
                I did but you gotta love the painting xD
                Oh yeah the painting was totally classic. That entire episode was funny that was why she was such a little *****.
                Web White Noise

Comment

Yup, it's classic because Shep is so used to being the bad hero. Then he's cemented in the memory of an entire world as being a coward.
                  It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                  --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

little Adria was great. She was actually the only good thing in this episode
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

I just wanted to punch her in the teeth, and then kick her when she was down.

Hate kids like that.
                      ~ Proud thunker of Carson Beckett ~

Carson.........................Rodney .......................Teyla........................... John

Comment

Nope. I found her annoying, arrogant, and manipulative - the perfect example of a 13 year-old who's been catered to her entire life. She was a great foil for McKay. I particularly liked that it seemed to bother her that he didn't like her (before the hero worship).
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana
                        My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

I was really put off by the little brat. I thought there were places the bratiness came out a bit too much; to the point it's all I focused on and that caused me to enjoy this ep far less than I should have.
                          sigpic

Comment

I really disliked her in the beginning, but towards the end I found her to be slightly more tolerable.

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by Emre View Post
                              I just wanted to punch her in the teeth, and then kick her when she was down.

Hate kids like that.

That's a bit too much hate. Geez.

Comment

Working...
                              X