No announcement yet.

Possible drone plothole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's possible the PLAGUE killed the MW ancients long before the PG Ancients came back. I don't recall there really being reference as to when the plague hit. It's likely that in the Millions of years that they were seperated, they probably called each other every now and then. Fully powered city and a fully powered Outpost, both being the only way to contact each other in their respective galaxies (assuming other gates in the MW also can't dial Pegasus, though based on what we know about the MW games, the DHD technology is probably different).

Comment

Originally posted by robby View Post
      It's possible the PLAGUE killed the MW ancients long before the PG Ancients came back. I don't recall there really being reference as to when the plague hit. It's likely that in the Millions of years that they were seperated, they probably called each other every now and then. Fully powered city and a fully powered Outpost, both being the only way to contact each other in their respective galaxies (assuming other gates in the MW also can't dial Pegasus, though based on what we know about the MW games, the DHD technology is probably different).
      The plague killed them after they returned from Pegasus. From season 6's Full Circle:
      "It says that a plague hit the Ancients near the apex of their civilization and some learned to Ascend and the rest died off." Not word for word but close.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        The plague killed them after they returned from Pegasus. From season 6's Full Circle:"It says that a plague hit the Ancients near the apex of their civilization and some learned to Ascend and the rest died off." Not word for word but close.
        I'm sorry that wrong. They left for the Pegasus Galaxy because of the plague. When they returned to Earth, their were only a small number of Ancients left who died out or ascended
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I noticed this too.

There are several possibility:
          * Plothole
          * Some Ancients were left behind, but I doubt this because, hello, plague (Ayiana only survived because she got frozen and, hey, the Ancients died out in the Milky Way) and the two factions communicated with each other throughout the ages.
          * After the development of drones, some Ancients returned prematurely to the Milky Way to settle
          * 10,000 years ago, not all Ancients simply led quiet lives or Ascended, some actually continued their work (like Janus) and thus, we have drones in the Milky Way.
          Last edited by FallenAngelII; 29 January 2008, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
            Quoted for truth.

You don't start technology small and enlarge it. It's always the other way around. Start with something on a big scale, and then as tech advances, you shrink it down.
            Unless we're talking rockets, planes, cars

Comment

whats interesting is that there is a thread in the science and tech forrums talking about drones and got side tracked to this issue aswell...
              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Something from TPTB:

Prior of the Ori writes: “McKay said that the planet was where they first developed Drone technology, does this mean they never had it back in the Milky Way?”

Answer: No, that was an oversight. The drone technology was developed in the Milky Way, but the mini-drone version was perfected in Pegasus.
                http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...botm-nominees/

Comment

two new things, this sounds great a possible field weapon that may be introduced later
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    I thank Joe for that answer he gave me was about to post that but you beat me to it

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Cool. Joe rocks for answering our questions.

Comment

Working...
                      X