Possible drone plothole?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible drone plothole?

I enjoyed this ep! However, something is bothering me...

How could they test the Ancient drone weapons in the Pegasus Galaxy, when they were present before the Ancients even left the Milky Way? We had them on Earth.

This could be a plothole, or...

is there a possibility that for a time the Ancients inhabited both the Milky Way and Pegasus Galaxies?

Now don't get me wrong, I don't go looking for these things lol. But this caught my attention immediately.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
    I enjoyed this ep! However, something is bothering me...

How could they test the Ancient drone weapons in the Pegasus Galaxy, when they were present before the Ancients even left the Milky Way? We had them on Earth.

This could be a plothole, or...

is there a possibility that for a time the Ancients inhabited both the Milky Way and Pegasus Galaxies?

Now don't get me wrong, I don't go looking for these things lol. But this caught my attention immediately.
    they might have. it might also be just a test facility for these minature sized drones

Comment

While for a short time, the Ancients inhabited both galaxies, I think this may be a goof on the writer's part. Its possible that they were attempting to make a portable weapon capable of firing the mini-drones, but I think it was pretty clear what they said in the ep.

Perfecto!

Comment

No.
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
        *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
        DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
        DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Okay, its time to educate people on the defination of a plot hole.. A plot hole is defined as illogicial step in the plot of the story. The mini drones thing coming after the drones in Antarticia doesn't mean it is a plothole. It also could be argued that the Antarticia drones were put in place when the Ancients returned from the Pegasus.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Okay, its time to educate people on the defination of a plot hole.. A plot hole is defined as illogicial step in the plot of the story. The mini drones thing coming after the drones in Antarticia doesn't mean it is a plothole. It also could be argued that the Antarticia drones were put in place when the Ancients returned from the Pegasus.
            Yeah, I wasn't saying it was a plothole. I was saying, COULD it be, or is there an explanation. But, you know, thanks for the lesson and all.

Comment

not a plot hole, minidrones are being tested not drones... but mini drones wouldnt be very useful unless u have a way of being shielded as you fire them. also ud have to take that base every where u go lol.

Drones were not placed in Antarctica on the return trip, if Antarctica was visited upon return, i believe the ancients would of thawed out whats her face, assuming their technology was advanced enough to scan over the surface and see what remains. I'm sure a scan would of shown a frozen body, much like an xray can find somethign that doesnt belong in your body. Lets just say, if your returning to your old outpost and you scan around it and see a frozen body, your gonna wonder wtf happened as no one could get there.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic View Post
                not a plot hole, minidrones are being tested not drones... but mini drones wouldnt be very useful unless u have a way of being shielded as you fire them. also ud have to take that base every where u go lol.
                See, this is where I'm confused... maybe I need to check a transcript. The way I understood it, the minidrones were built as a prototype test for the larger, regular drones. But if I misheard this, then that kind of explains everything and renders this thread pointless lol.

Comment

Didn't Rodney refer to it as the place the Ancients "first developed drone technology"? That would imply drones period, not just the mini-drones.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
                    See, this is where I'm confused... maybe I need to check a transcript. The way I understood it, the minidrones were built as a prototype test for the larger, regular drones. But if I misheard this, then that kind of explains everything and renders this thread pointless lol.
                    That's what I remember too. It may not be a plothole but it certainly seems to be a continuity error.

Comment

Rodney did say they had been looking for that device for 2 years. Is there some reference to it in season 2?

The only explanation I could think of was that the original designers of the drones contracted the plauge in the MW and all their knowledge and technology was destroyed due to quaratine protocol.

If this is true, then the Pegasus Ancients would had to have started over on the drone process. Maybe this is why drones were be developed and tested in Pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobberman View Post
                        That's what I remember too. It may not be a plothole but it certainly seems to be a continuity error.
                        Not necesairly error. We know Atlantis was on Earth first as was the outpost. However we don't know if drones were present then or if they were made from pegasus technology and they intergrated it into the outpsot.. scratch that. When they went back the outpost would be covered in ice already. My guess is the part about them first developing drones could be Rodney just misreading something. It could have been a prototype for a more portable drone system.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The process of Miniaturization implies that the first versions are large and cumbersome. Since the mini-drones are smaller, more agile, and operated on the personal level (requires a necklace instead of a whole jumper), they must be a miniaturization of already existing technology.

The regular size drones were created back in Milky Way and the technology was further researched here in Pegasus. Due to the war with the Wraith and lack of opportunities to use it, they were never mass produced.

Comment

They were obviously created ALONG time before the Ancients fell as they had time to outfit all there technology in the Pegasus Galaxy with them. Also who's to say that Atlantis wasn't in contact with Ayiana back on earth before Antartica was covered in ice. They could have went back and fitted the outposts in MW with them. Also MINI DRONES? Why?

Comment

I hoped they will mention that these mini-droned defeated Anubis over Antarctica.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X