Default How Successful is Torchwood in the US?

It is it big? Does it pull in decent ratings?
    I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Default Re: How Successful is Torchwood in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    It is it big? Does it pull in decent ratings?
    Given it is only shown on BBCAmerica, or whatever they call it, I don't think that "mainstream" American audiences would have even heard of it yet. Lets face it many don't know Doctor Who either. But it did pull in the largest ratings of any show on BBCAmerica (or whatever it is called) for its first episode so some one was waiting and interested in seeing it.

I think the term "cult following" was made for this show. I think it rates as badly as Doctor Who on SciFi actually. Doesn't DW only get around a .9 I actually wouldn't be surprised if most "fans" don't watch it, they get it by other means *cough* we are talking about scifi fans after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    Given it is only shown on BBCAmerica, or whatever they call it, I don't think that "mainstream" American audiences would have even heard of it yet. Lets face it many don't know Doctor Who either. But it did pull in the largest ratings of any show on BBCAmerica (or whatever it is called) for its first episode so some one was waiting and interested in seeing it.

I think the term "cult following" was made for this show. I think it rates as badly as Doctor Who on SciFi actually. Doesn't DW only get around a .9 I actually wouldn't be surprised if most "fans" don't watch it, they get it by other means *cough* we are talking about scifi fans after all.
    A lot of my US friends have seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Sleeper already and KKBB doesn't officially air until tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Reefgirl View Post
    A lot of my US friends have seen Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Sleeper already and KKBB doesn't officially air until tomorrow
    Well I have seen both new eps and you bet Australia hasn't aired it yet.

Chief Master Sergeant

Actually it's very big where I live, every one at school loves it, though I personally have never seen it. Want to though

I only know three people who watch Torchwood, but that's just me. Perhaps it's more popular in other states. I'd love to watch it but I can't, no BBC America or Sci-Fi channel.
    "This is Torchwood Three. Torchwood One was London, destroyed in the battle. Torchwood Two is an office in Glasgow, very strange man. Torchwood Three, Cardiff. Torchwood Four's kind of gone missing but we'll find it one day." - Captain Jack

Romana: My name is Romanadveratnalundar.
    4th Doctor: Well I'm so sorry about that, is there anything we can do?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Torchwood.png http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../Torchwood.png

It airs on CBC here so it's a little more mainstream than south of the border. Doesn't have much of a following though.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life