This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    Katie was never a character in her own right, instead she was a tool used to develop (or in the case of Quarantine, revert ) Rodney's character.

How am I supposed to be interested in their relationship when most of it took place offscreen, followed by a jarring and sudden proposal by Rodney? Eh, didn't buy it.
    Very good point, again comes down to lazy writing. We're suddenly told to accept that they're marriage material after about 6 minutes of on screen time together throughout the show.

Lame.

Another example that shows what's wrong with Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      I'm not bashing her. It's obvious she can't act. I have nothing against her. To be honest, I don't care about SGA anymore, I just want to know how it will end and if there's Rachel or anybody else, I don't care.
      So why waste time posting on an SGA forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Ebeneezer_Goode View Post
        So why waste time posting on an SGA forum?
        because I can
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

stevearm07(and g.o.d though I've told you this before) If you hate the show so much...why are you here?

It's a TV show! Don't like, don't watch, or go to an anti thread. Don't bash the actors...feel free to bash the characters though.

I like SG1, but I didn't like s9, so I didn't watch it or buy it.

I didn't however, devote my free time to bashing guest actresses who barely had 10 scenes in the entire series.

As I said...It's a TV show...not a documentary or a politics show...get over it.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by stevearm07 View Post
            Luttrell's not that much better either, but regarldess of what people think of her character, the actress herself really isn't that great.

Not that anything negative can be said about this show on this forum of course.
            You mean you can't say anything negative without someone disagreeing? Of course you can't, but then you can't say anything positive without someone disagreeing either.

Comment

Luttrell's not that much better either, but regarldess of what people think of her character, the actress herself really isn't that great.

Not that anything negative can be said about this show on this forum of course.
              I don't believe anybody said you can't have a negative opinion on this forum. You can just like I can say I disagree but you cannot base an opinion on only one role someone has had.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Does it matter? She's not that great in Atlantis.

It's against forum rules to discuss an actor/actresses acting ability? Um, why exactly?

Oh believe me I do. The writing's been awful for the past 4-5 years, but that's become normal on Stargate.
                It's against the rules to bash an actor period.You don't have to know why it just is. ANd I'm sorry but you can't say Rachel or the actress that plays Katie bad based on one role period. They are fine actresses in Atlantis both Teyla and Katie are good characters IMO however I have also seen them in other roles so I can say they are great actresses.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

to the best of my knowledge we have an existing thread for those that don't like Katie to express themselves.

Now if people want to DISCUSS the viability of this pairing, please, start a thread. If you just want to go on about how much you don't like the character, take it to the existing thread, and if all you can do is rag on the actress, take it elsewhere
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X