X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This ship provokes one action from me:

Me desperately trying to keep from falling asleep
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I'll play! Yeah, this one really doesn't work. My opinion of Keller has been dropping steadily ever since the first of the season, but I was withholding judgment on the ship part until I saw Quarantine.

OK. Just...no. That was pretty cringeworthy. And Ronon didn't even seem like himself (except in the liking explosions dept). I hate ships where the people turn into someone else around each other.

Someone who was at a con where Jason Momoa spoke said that Jason said these two will not get together. Let's hope he knows what he's talking about.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        I'll play! Yeah, this one really doesn't work. My opinion of Keller has been dropping steadily ever since the first of the season, but I was withholding judgment on the ship part until I saw Quarantine.

OK. Just...no. That was pretty cringeworthy. And Ronon didn't even seem like himself (except in the liking explosions dept). I hate ships where the people turn into someone else around each other.

Someone who was at a con where Jason Momoa spoke said that Jason said these two will not get together. Let's hope he knows what he's talking about.
        Just because he said they won't get together doesn't mean they won't be pushing it down our throats. They can still do ship without them getting together, have them gaze at each other, be touchy feely, blah, blah, blah. Plus what is JM's definition of getting together admitting they love each other, kissing, dating?

I like Ronon, if I had to chose I would say if he is my favorite character. I don't want to see him ruined with poor ship. I'm not opposed to shipping him with someone but Keller is just so wrong.
        sigpic
        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
          I like Ronon, if I had to chose I would say if he is my favorite character. I don't want to see him ruined with poor ship. I'm not opposed to shipping him with someone but Keller is just so wrong.
          Well, Ronon may not be my favorite, but I still like him. This ship is just too high-school boring for me. I always imagined Ronon with a warrior, someone with some fire to her.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
            Well, Ronon may not be my favorite, but I still like him. This ship is just too high-school boring for me. I always imagined Ronon with a warrior, someone with some fire to her.
            I <3 Ronon. It goes Ronon, Lizzie, and Shep for me. As you can see SGA keeps f-cking with me.

Me too, someone like Teyla but not necessarily her. You know someone that could tell him to STFU and not be afraid of him. Keller is not that person, she is so weak and has no personality.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Sign me up. I'm anti-ship on Stargate. Period. And this had to be the worst part of Quarantine. *bleh* I like Ronon. Please don't take him down this road!

And yes, they don't have to actually get together in order for the writers to start in with all the dreck that Ruined_puzzle mentioned. The only saving grace is that neither has to call the other "Sir".
              IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                Sign me up. I'm anti-ship on Stargate. Period. And this had to be the worst part of Quarantine. *bleh* I like Ronon. Please don't take him down this road!

And yes, they don't have to actually get together in order for the writers to start in with all the dreck that Ruined_puzzle mentioned. The only saving grace is that neither has to call the other "Sir".
                Very true!
                - Life after Stargate -
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                  The only saving grace is that neither has to call the other "Sir".
                  But one has to call the other "doc" and look like he believes it.

Comment

I disliked this entire part. I vote to make it non-canon!

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by DuncTK421 View Post
                      I disliked this entire part. I vote to make it non-canon!
                      If only we could.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      sigpic

Comment

First I too offer my congratulations on your considerable bravery in starting this thread Some of the pro-Kellers can get down right nasty in her defense Ok I have a big opinion about this one so bear with me...

IMO Quarentine felt like a huge hour to end Rodney's relationship with Katie, and to set up the whole Ronon/Keller fiasco. The thought of them together NEVER crossed my mind until this episode. When I found out Keller made total sense. She is petite, she is blond, she is in the medical profession. I can just see tptb saying "oh yay, lets set her up for Ronon" I never TRULY disliked her until Quarentine, was just mildly annoyed up till then.

I just sat there literally stunned by how "out-of-character" Ronon was. Smiling?? Eagerly telling this woman he is no where near close to something he has never told anyone INCLUDING Shepperd (the only reference being in Sunday when he said "Close enough" to leaving a wife on Sateda.) Then thinking she is strong because she went along with his oxygen tank idea? Hello he was going to do it if she didn't so If I was her and wanted to live I would trust my small doctor fingers then his big warrior ones (thunkers contain youselves ) He must also have a short memory because she whined before finally doing it.

His life was so hard, and hers was so cushy...she didnt get to go to some stupid drunken party, BIG DEAL there is less then 300 of Ronons people left in the universe. Forget a Carson clone, the quarentine Ronon had to be an imposter because the Ronon we all know and love would never act that way, not even to get a piece of weak blonde doctor tail!!

Ok feel free to Red-side me because I am washing my hands of her!
                        Last edited by Chezlee; 22 January 2008, 07:20 PM.
                        BRING BACK THE REAL ATLANTIS

Comment

Originally posted by Chezlee View Post
                          First I too offer my congratulations on your considerable bravery in starting this thread The pro-Kellers can get down right nasty in her defense Ok I have a big opinion about this one so bear with me...
                          Well, I consider myself a Pro-Keller but I am definately anti Ronon/Keller. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I hope.. *looks around* Anyone?

Thanks to jumble, Krissie678, & Pic for the awesome sigs!

Comment

Originally posted by DuncTK421 View Post
                            Well, I consider myself a Pro-Keller but I am definately anti Ronon/Keller. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I hope.. *looks around* Anyone?
                            I'm sure you're not alone! Personally I'm not keen on the character (don't like the way she's written) but that's by-the-by. It's the way they've taken an established character and made him act so out of character in order to achieve the ship that irks me the most.

sigpic

Comment

Lah, my sweetheart, my fellow con-warrior... you know how I feel about this!

Yes, I am a Ronon thunker. But this is just oh so much more than just me having a bizarre attachment problem to a person who doesn't actually exist (that's Ronon, of course. I know Jason exists. Oh, how I know Jason exists... ). This is more about sacrificing character (and the shows) integrity so that two totally and utterly disparate yet pretty people can make gooey eyes at each other.

I just cannot see how this ever came to be. Who ever thought that a 'homecoming queen and apple pie' character would ever interest / be interested in moody barbarian type is beyond me... fine, opposites might attract, but come on! On what level (other than looks) would they bond? It just doesn't work for me one bit. It just seems very forced, and, for me, it's dragging SGA down to the grubby depths of so many soap operas I try to avoid like the plague... *makes grumpy face*
                              I curse the sun so I can howl at the moon...

I want to live, I want to experience the universe and I want to eat pie.
                              Deviant Art Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Gatebunny View Post
                                Lah, my sweetheart, my fellow con-warrior... you know how I feel about this!

Yes, I am a Ronon thunker. But this is just oh so much more than just me having a bizarre attachment problem to a person who doesn't actually exist (that's Ronon, of course. I know Jason exists. Oh, how I know Jason exists... ). This is more about sacrificing character (and the shows) integrity so that two totally and utterly disparate yet pretty people can make gooey eyes at each other.

I just cannot see how this ever came to be. Who ever thought that a 'homecoming queen and apple pie' character would ever interest / be interested in moody barbarian type is beyond me... fine, opposites might attract, but come on! On what level (other than looks) would they bond? It just doesn't work for me one bit. It just seems very forced, and, for me, it's dragging SGA down to the grubby depths of so many soap operas I try to avoid like the plague... *makes grumpy face*
                                Yep, it has done so much damage to the show's credibility that people actually find it acceptable to be pushing for a Ronon/Keller wedding ep next season!

What show are we watching?! *ugh*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X