Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1858
  1. #21
    Brigadier General LoneStar1836's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Posts
    9,392

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    Sign me up. I'm anti-ship on Stargate. Period. And this had to be the worst part of Quarantine. *bleh* I like Ronon. Please don't take him down this road!

    And yes, they don't have to actually get together in order for the writers to start in with all the dreck that Ruined_puzzle mentioned. The only saving grace is that neither has to call the other "Sir".
    IMO always implied.

  2. #22
    Colonel Killdeer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,977

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    Sign me up. I'm anti-ship on Stargate. Period. And this had to be the worst part of Quarantine. *bleh* I like Ronon. Please don't take him down this road!

    And yes, they don't have to actually get together in order for the writers to start in with all the dreck that Ruined_puzzle mentioned. The only saving grace is that neither has to call the other "Sir".
    Very true!
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles

  3. #23
    Second Lieutenant erb's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    The only saving grace is that neither has to call the other "Sir".
    But one has to call the other "doc" and look like he believes it.

  4. #24
    Captain DuncTK421's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jedi Temple
    Posts
    1,289

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    I disliked this entire part. I vote to make it non-canon!

  5. #25
    Colonel Killdeer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,977

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    Quote Originally Posted by DuncTK421 View Post
    I disliked this entire part. I vote to make it non-canon!
    If only we could.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles

  6. #26
    Second Lieutenant Chezlee's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In Constant anticipation of FedConUSA
    Posts
    347

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    First I too offer my congratulations on your considerable bravery in starting this thread Some of the pro-Kellers can get down right nasty in her defense Ok I have a big opinion about this one so bear with me...

    IMO Quarentine felt like a huge hour to end Rodney's relationship with Katie, and to set up the whole Ronon/Keller fiasco. The thought of them together NEVER crossed my mind until this episode. When I found out Keller made total sense. She is petite, she is blond, she is in the medical profession. I can just see tptb saying "oh yay, lets set her up for Ronon" I never TRULY disliked her until Quarentine, was just mildly annoyed up till then.

    I just sat there literally stunned by how "out-of-character" Ronon was. Smiling?? Eagerly telling this woman he is no where near close to something he has never told anyone INCLUDING Shepperd (the only reference being in Sunday when he said "Close enough" to leaving a wife on Sateda.) Then thinking she is strong because she went along with his oxygen tank idea? Hello he was going to do it if she didn't so If I was her and wanted to live I would trust my small doctor fingers then his big warrior ones (thunkers contain youselves ) He must also have a short memory because she whined before finally doing it.

    His life was so hard, and hers was so cushy...she didnt get to go to some stupid drunken party, BIG DEAL there is less then 300 of Ronons people left in the universe. Forget a Carson clone, the quarentine Ronon had to be an imposter because the Ronon we all know and love would never act that way, not even to get a piece of weak blonde doctor tail!!

    Ok feel free to Red-side me because I am washing my hands of her!
    Last edited by Chezlee; January 22nd, 2008 at 08:20 PM.

  7. #27
    Captain DuncTK421's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Jedi Temple
    Posts
    1,289

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Chezlee View Post
    First I too offer my congratulations on your considerable bravery in starting this thread The pro-Kellers can get down right nasty in her defense Ok I have a big opinion about this one so bear with me...
    Well, I consider myself a Pro-Keller but I am definately anti Ronon/Keller. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I hope.. *looks around* Anyone?

  8. #28
    Ned Low Lahela's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    I'll get back to you on that...
    Posts
    11,967

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    Quote Originally Posted by DuncTK421 View Post
    Well, I consider myself a Pro-Keller but I am definately anti Ronon/Keller. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I hope.. *looks around* Anyone?
    I'm sure you're not alone! Personally I'm not keen on the character (don't like the way she's written) but that's by-the-by. It's the way they've taken an established character and made him act so out of character in order to achieve the ship that irks me the most.


  9. #29
    Captain Gatebunny's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Revelling the teasetosterone that is Midway!
    Posts
    1,470

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    Lah, my sweetheart, my fellow con-warrior... you know how I feel about this!

    Yes, I am a Ronon thunker. But this is just oh so much more than just me having a bizarre attachment problem to a person who doesn't actually exist (that's Ronon, of course. I know Jason exists. Oh, how I know Jason exists... ). This is more about sacrificing character (and the shows) integrity so that two totally and utterly disparate yet pretty people can make gooey eyes at each other.

    I just cannot see how this ever came to be. Who ever thought that a 'homecoming queen and apple pie' character would ever interest / be interested in moody barbarian type is beyond me... fine, opposites might attract, but come on! On what level (other than looks) would they bond? It just doesn't work for me one bit. It just seems very forced, and, for me, it's dragging SGA down to the grubby depths of so many soap operas I try to avoid like the plague... *makes grumpy face*
    I curse the sun so I can howl at the moon...
    http://www.imagerotation.com/Gatebunny/Gateworld.png
    I want to live, I want to experience the universe and I want to eat pie.
    Deviant Art Fanfiction

  10. #30
    Ned Low Lahela's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    I'll get back to you on that...
    Posts
    11,967

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatebunny View Post
    Lah, my sweetheart, my fellow con-warrior... you know how I feel about this!

    Yes, I am a Ronon thunker. But this is just oh so much more than just me having a bizarre attachment problem to a person who doesn't actually exist (that's Ronon, of course. I know Jason exists. Oh, how I know Jason exists... ). This is more about sacrificing character (and the shows) integrity so that two totally and utterly disparate yet pretty people can make gooey eyes at each other.

    I just cannot see how this ever came to be. Who ever thought that a 'homecoming queen and apple pie' character would ever interest / be interested in moody barbarian type is beyond me... fine, opposites might attract, but come on! On what level (other than looks) would they bond? It just doesn't work for me one bit. It just seems very forced, and, for me, it's dragging SGA down to the grubby depths of so many soap operas I try to avoid like the plague... *makes grumpy face*
    Yep, it has done so much damage to the show's credibility that people actually find it acceptable to be pushing for a Ronon/Keller wedding ep next season!

    What show are we watching?! *ugh*

  11. #31
    Major Snowy's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2007
    Location
    The Kingdom Of Sweden
    Posts
    2,598

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Lahela View Post
    ... that people actually find it acceptable to be pushing for a Ronon/Keller wedding ep next season!
    Say what?? Not even I like that idea....

  12. #32
    Major General Salamas's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    locked in a battle of wills
    Posts
    14,053

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Lahela View Post
    Yep, it has done so much damage to the show's credibility that people actually find it acceptable to be pushing for a Ronon/Keller wedding ep next season!

    What show are we watching?! *ugh*
    Not Atlantis that's for sure. Not only do Ronon/Keller not make any sense, but also lets see. Ronon, not from Earth. Keller, from Earth. Anyone seeing how the whole marriage issue might be a problem? Dont think it would exactly be a legitimate marriage...

    Awesome sig by Laura
    "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R


    The randomess that is me
    Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

  13. #33
    Ned Low Lahela's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    I'll get back to you on that...
    Posts
    11,967

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    Let's see... Ronon and Keller could get married and have lots of babies and start up the Atlantis creche, then Teyla could find out that Kanan is actually her long lost half brother and she'd go running into Shep's arms but he's been secretly in love with Carter all this time so he rejects her, but Carter is actually Shep's mother because he was snatched from her at birth...

    Yeah... like sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of Atlantis' Lives...

  14. #34
    Staff Sergeant writeangel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Currently located in the southern US
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Lahela View Post
    Let's see... Ronon and Keller could get married and have lots of babies and start up the Atlantis creche, then Teyla could find out that Kanan is actually her long lost half brother and she'd go running into Shep's arms but he's been secretly in love with Carter all this time so he rejects her, but Carter is actually Shep's mother because he was snatched from her at birth...

    Yeah... like sands through the hourglass, so are the Days of Atlantis' Lives...
    Ok, I'm not going to add to the conversation but I have been reading the thread and this post is just hilarious! I had to rep you just for that! On my part the wedding deal is just in fun on my part and if it did take place next season I would be severely irritated because it would be as out of the blue as the Rodney/Katie deal in the past episode. But in two or so more seasons.........

    Ok, backing out of the thread now........

    Oh and I'm loving your sig!
    http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...annercolor.gif
    sig by nicole9514

    http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...herzen_zuz.gifVoting for The Doctor and the Wild Man marriage in season 5 of Atlantishttp://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u...herzen_zuz.gif

    My Ronon/Keller Fan Vids:
    1/27/08 - Somewhere I Belong
    Youtube
    High Quality Stage6 & Download

  15. #35
    Ned Low Lahela's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    I'll get back to you on that...
    Posts
    11,967

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    Quote Originally Posted by writeangel View Post
    Ok, I'm not going to add to the conversation but I have been reading the thread and this post is just hilarious! I had to rep you just for that! On my part the wedding deal is just in fun on my part and if it did take place next season I would be severely irritated because it would be as out of the blue as the Rodney/Katie deal in the past episode. But in two or so more seasons.........

    Ok, backing out of the thread now........

    Oh and I'm loving your sig!
    Thanks Don't get me wrong, I don't like the Rodney/Katie thing either, but at least that had the ever so slightly saving grace of not being soap. Maybe Rodney will discover that Katie's addicted to lemon scented bath oils

  16. #36
    Second Lieutenant erb's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    488

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    Quote Originally Posted by Lahela View Post
    Yep, it has done so much damage to the show's credibility that people actually find it acceptable to be pushing for a Ronon/Keller wedding ep next season!

    What show are we watching?! *ugh*
    OK. I'm not necessarily anti-romance, anti-marriage, and so forth...but, it's rather frightening how people have strongly latched onto Ronon/Keller from even before they were onscreen together.

    I think more people are vested in Ronon/Keller than they are in Keller. Is she so weak a character (considering she is heavily recurring) that she must be rushed into coupledom because she can't stand on her own?

  17. #37
    Ned Low Lahela's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    I'll get back to you on that...
    Posts
    11,967

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    Quote Originally Posted by erb View Post
    OK. I'm not necessarily anti-romance, anti-marriage, and so forth...but, it's rather frightening how people have strongly latched onto Ronon/Keller from even before they were onscreen together.

    I think more people are vested in Ronon/Keller than they are in Keller. Is she so weak a character (considering she is heavily recurring) that she must be rushed into coupledom because she can't stand on her own?
    I think that sums the character up pretty well! Which is unfortunate, because we could have had a strong character in a position of responsibility and who provided another perspective to things... but she's so poorly written that without someone else to prop her up, she's totally one dimensional. Keller's no Carson!

  18. #38
    Lieutenant Colonel Ruined_puzzle's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Location
    anti-couch
    Posts
    3,336

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    Quote Originally Posted by erb View Post
    OK. I'm not necessarily anti-romance, anti-marriage, and so forth...but, it's rather frightening how people have strongly latched onto Ronon/Keller from even before they were onscreen together.
    Me either, and you're right even before Keller was casted people were already shipping her with Ronon. It was weird.

    Quote Originally Posted by erb View Post
    I think more people are vested in Ronon/Keller than they are in Keller. Is she so weak a character (considering she is heavily recurring) that she must be rushed into coupledom because she can't stand on her own?
    That's what gets me, that it seems her sole purpose was to be brought in to be Ronon's love interest. It would have been nice to you know get to know her before they started shipping her with Ronon.

  19. #39
    Colonel ToasterOnFire's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2005
    Location
    in the lab
    Posts
    5,113

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    So apparently one of the reasons TPTB decided to hook up Ronon and Keller was because Keller looks a lot like Ronon's gf in Sateda. Um...yeah. Great reason guys. Ronon has the hots for Keller because she looks like his dead gf. Absolutely NOTHING could go wrong with that scenario...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    Me either, and you're right even before Keller was casted people were already shipping her with Ronon. It was weird.
    I think that had a lot to do with ships, "competing" ships, and matching up people just to make room for an OTP.

  20. #40
    Major General Salamas's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Location
    locked in a battle of wills
    Posts
    14,053

    Default Re: Anti Ronon/Keller ship

    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    So apparently one of the reasons TPTB decided to hook up Ronon and Keller was because Keller looks a lot like Ronon's gf in Sateda. Um...yeah. Great reason guys. Ronon has the hots for Keller because she looks like his dead gf. Absolutely NOTHING could go wrong with that scenario...


    I think that had a lot to do with ships, "competing" ships, and matching up people just to make room for an OTP.
    Which is so wrong! Okay she looks like his dead girlfriend/wife and he's with her because of that. But lets think here. He saw her die right in front of him. He went through hell for seven years of his life. And now he's latching onto a look alike, but this look alike is very weak. Melena wanted to stay to help her people during the siege. Keller freaks out every moment she's put under strain, even though she applied for the job. Also if a guy started to date me because I remind him of his dead S.O. I would be a bit freaked out, because it would mean he's with you for all the wrong reasons. It's not because you're a great person, but because you're kinda like a carbo copy of a dead loved one. Awesome relationship potential right there...

    Awesome sig by Laura
    "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R


    The randomess that is me
    Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

Similar Threads

  1. Ronon Dex/Jennifer Keller Appreciation/Ship/Discussion (Doctor & Wild Man)
    By vaberella in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 89250
    Last Post: September 19th, 2019, 07:03 AM
  2. Rodney McKay/Jennifer Keller Discussion/Ship/Appreciation
    By Pharaoh Atem in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 14165
    Last Post: June 27th, 2016, 04:58 PM
  3. The Anti Keller Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.
    By parisindy in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 9300
    Last Post: February 7th, 2009, 12:08 PM
  4. Replies: 182
    Last Post: January 27th, 2008, 06:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •