This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by delrey View Post
    I beleive that the the asgard weapon simply bypasses shields similar to ancient drones, in every episode i have watched it seems that there is absolutely no sheild impact whatsoever, only hull impact, so asgard weapon easily wins, however i beleive that because it is a shield bypasser it would be possible to counter the tech and render it less effective.
    ummm did you watch unending?
    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
    Anime signature in spoiler tag
    Spoiler:
    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
      ummm did you watch unending?
      yeah yeah excuse your rudeness, i went back and watched it frame for frame, but after a few shots the shield drops, it seems that the weapon has a destablizing effect though that might be able to be countered, the color of the sheild impact is different from impacts of other weapons as well id say.
      sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
      Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

yeah yeah excuse your rudeness, i went back and watched it frame for frame, but after a few shots the shield drops, it seems that the weapon has a destablizing effect though that might be able to be countered, the color of the sheild impact is different from impacts of other weapons as well id say.
        i wasn't trying to be rude.
        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
        Anime signature in spoiler tag
        Spoiler:
        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

its alright i kicked myself in the ass i would have sworn that i hadnt seen a shield impact, at some point im going to watch sins remembered
          Spoiler:
          to see it on asuran ships, but will prob be shield impact there too unless they hadnt raised there shields yet
          But still would like to know more about the weapon, and i think it would help the balance of power if it could be countered- after we destroy a few more ships ofcourse. I think the beam could kill the atlantis shield with some effort.
          sigpic

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

its alright i kicked myself in the ass i would have sworn that i hadnt seen a shield impact, at some point im going to watch sins remembered
            Spoiler:
            to see it on asuran ships, but will prob be shield impact there too unless they hadnt raised there shields yet
            But still would like to know more about the weapon, and i think it would help the balance of power if it could be countered- after we destroy a few more ships ofcourse. I think the beam could kill the atlantis shield with some effort.
            You really need to see BAMSR. Maybe the wraith, would invent a sheild that destablises the plasma and makes it much less effective.
            Best quotes ever:
            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
            Thor:I like the yellow ones
            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

It would definately do some damge, more so than the wraith bombardments, after all by my reckoning the asgard are only about 100 years or so behind the ancients in their technology.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                You really need to see BAMSR. Maybe the wraith, would invent a sheild that destablises the plasma and makes it much less effective.
                I have seen it, i just meant go back and watch it again because i didnt recall the impacts of the weapon, who knows tho the wraith organic shields may already be able to repell the weapon, or be able to adapt quicker,
                Spoiler:
                in some episode i cant remmember, might be bamsr a wraith states to transfer power to the shields, id say the shields are similar to those on b5 like vorlon and shadows that adapt to new weapons on there own, hence there organic superiority in some ways.
                sigpic

Comment

That was Todd the Wraith and he ordered power be transfered to hull regeneration in BAMSR

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                    That was Todd the Wraith and he ordered power be transfered to hull regeneration in BAMSR
                    Ok, that could still be there form of shields since parts of there ships are organic i would say, so my previous statement could still hold water.
                    sigpic

Comment

He was transfering power from non-critical systems, It is extremely unlikely that they have shields based on current evidence although if you have some please share-ohh and I love the Airplane Quote signature

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                        He was transfering power from non-critical systems, It is extremely unlikely that they have shields based on current evidence although if you have some please share-ohh and I love the Airplane Quote signature
                        Im thinking along the lines of since they are organic hulls somewhat and hull regeneration, that the hulls are capable of absorbing some energy, i should not have refered to that as shields lol, but thats what i meant, pure speculation though i suppose. and thanks one of my fav movies haha!
                        sigpic

Comment

You mean the hull material is very energy absorbing and can soak up some of the weapons fire-thats a very interesting premise much like the Shadows/Vorlon bio armour. Its a possibility and if you tie it in with the growing back your hull part of Wraith tech it would explain why the salvos from other Hives dont kill it in the first few shots but after 20-30

Comment

Yes! Exactly what i was thinking, it would also help to keep the wraith a more formidable enemy which needs to occur. Ofcourse maybe with drones and missile type weapons it may not be as effective but in this situation it could proove very good against energy based ones.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X