This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard beam weapons against Ancient city shield??Plot theory for new epi

Hey I'm not sure if this has been brought up sorry if it has but I can't find it.

Basically what if the Apollo fired once at Atlantis's shield but obviosly aiming for the water lol.

What if it actually rip through the shield I would love a story line of the wraith capturing one of our ships and using it to fire on Atlantis.

{Ship not powered by ZPM, as our ships didnt have them on BAMSR}

Let me know

I don't beleive so. The Atlantis sheild was previously able to withstand bombardment by both the Wraith Fleet and the Replicator Beam.

I doubt the Asgard are that far ahead of the Ancients.

Comment

Fair point, but it would be cool to see a weapon that would do that. Maybe in the far future at I'm bored of seeing Atlantis under attack left right & centre.

Comment

There's not much logic to apply here.
        The beams will go through if the writers plainly decide that they will.
        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
          There's not much logic to apply here.
          The beams will go through if the writers plainly decide that they will.
          Yeh I always seem to leave that part out, and never realise that Stargate isnt real. Maybe maybe not. ha ha

Comment

I doubt they would risk it, what if they found an asuran atlantis that had its sheild up, then we could test them. It depends how much more advnaced that sheild is compared to the ori sheilds.
            Best quotes ever:
            O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
            Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
            Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
            Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
            Thor:I like the yellow ones
            O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

The first episode they try it the Beam weapons are useless against them-the last time they use them the cities shield is taken out 1 hit wonder

Comment

if the city had a few zpm's it would last for days i think but if there were the Daedalus, Odyssey and apollo firing on it it would not last 10 mins.

Comment

There's a power consideration.

Can a weapon powered by a ZPM quickly outclass a sheild powered by ZPMs?

Even the Asuran Beam (powered by "an unlimited supply of ZPMs" according to McKay) took days to deplete the sheild.

Doesn't really make sense for them NOT to be roughly equal. The weapon and the sheild are unable to destroy each other unless one has a advantage (read: more ZPMs for power).

[PS. Suikoden reference for anyone who gets it]
                  PPS: Yes I know the 304 weapons aren't specifically powered by ZPMs but we can assume that whatever power source is equal or less]

Comment

I beleive that the the asgard weapon simply bypasses shields similar to ancient drones, in every episode i have watched it seems that there is absolutely no sheild impact whatsoever, only hull impact, so asgard weapon easily wins, however i beleive that because it is a shield bypasser it would be possible to counter the tech and render it less effective.
                    sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
                    Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
                      There's a power consideration.

Can a weapon powered by a ZPM quickly outclass a sheild powered by ZPMs?

Even the Asuran Beam (powered by "an unlimited supply of ZPMs" according to McKay) took days to deplete the sheild.

Doesn't really make sense for them NOT to be roughly equal. The weapon and the sheild are unable to destroy each other unless one has a advantage (read: more ZPMs for power).

[PS. Suikoden reference for anyone who gets it]
                      PPS: Yes I know the 304 weapons aren't specifically powered by ZPMs but we can assume that whatever power source is equal or less]
                      We know from the episode where the Asurans created Weir that their knowlege is left at the point where they last took it, in that case the last time that they did a mind probe on the team. I dont think the Asurans ever built on their knowlege supplied to them by the Lanteans so their Beam Weapon could have been millions of years behind the Lanteans before they left atlantis, this leaves a hell of a lot of time for the Lanteans ot have done shield upgrades which is why the Beam Weapon was less effective. Also the beam weapon is really Lantean by design so it stands to reason that their shields would know how to better stop the beam, maybe not completely but slow it down a hell of a lot.
                      sigpic
                      I am a geek and proud.

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                        The first episode they try it the Beam weapons are useless against them-the last time they use them the cities shield is taken out 1 hit wonder
                        Did this happen in some unknown episode or is it just conjecture?
                        Best quotes ever:
                        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                        Thor:I like the yellow ones
                        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by dizzyg View Post
                          We know from the episode where the Asurans created Weir that their knowlege is left at the point where they last took it, in that case the last time that they did a mind probe on the team. I dont think the Asurans ever built on their knowlege supplied to them by the Lanteans so their Beam Weapon could have been millions of years behind the Lanteans before they left atlantis, this leaves a hell of a lot of time for the Lanteans ot have done shield upgrades which is why the Beam Weapon was less effective. Also the beam weapon is really Lantean by design so it stands to reason that their shields would know how to better stop the beam, maybe not completely but slow it down a hell of a lot.
                          The Asurans successfully replicated Atlantis, which was the pinnacle of Ancient Civilization. I'm sure their technology matches the Lantians, especially since they produce Aurora's and ZPMs.

Their weakness is that unlike the MW Replicators, they never acheived the technological Singularity, where the machines can create smarter machines than themselves. The reason for this has never been given.

Comment

the asurans were to always follow their programming even though they have self aware

they never considered why are they suddenly attacking the wraith or why not replicating offworld on another planet

they wanted to imitate the ancients so much they done everything they would do yet they never considered the fact that they could become free like all robots desire haaha lol
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm just pointing out how Stargate Ex Dues Machina everything, they are likely to get some uber power sauce like Arcturas and whollop Atlantis. Don't worry, I'm just pointing out the path Stargate has taken-continue on please

Comment

Working...
                              X