This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cast Idea for Season 9

OK, let's just assume we have a 9th season that'll lead into a series of SG-1 films. Here's how I'd redo the cast in the opening credits...

Amanda Tapping
    Stargate SG-1
    Michael Shanks
    Christopher Judge
    Corin Nemec
    Richard Dean-Anderson as "General Jack O'Neill"

Whut about AT's baby, and why bring Jonas back?

Here's my idea: write AT's baby into the show, say she's have'n a time traveler's baby, or something wacky like that. lol Then she can have her baby on the show, thus spend time with him/her. Granted, this is assuming AT thinks this is a good idea.

As for Jonas Quinn, we could bring him back as a means for Kelwanna to "negotiate" with Earth. They decide they'll finally share naquadria (assuming they aren't already, I'm a syndication viewer), but only if Jonas is put back on SG-1. Walla, he's back without it be'n, "Oh, we need a 4th guy, let's call Jonas." lol

Why put RDA at the end of the intro credits? It'd be to show that he's no longer the star and will have the least screen time, kind'a like General Hammond. He'd be a "main character" or "series regular," whichever term you prefer, but we'd usually only see him at the SGC and he wouldn't be the focus of the episode, allowing SG-1 to go off on their adventures.

Thoughts?

As much as I liked Jonas, I don't see how they would have the flagship military team with 75% of it's members non military. If they ever add a full time 4th member, I would assume it would have to be military.
    O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
    Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

75%? lol It's only 4 people. Personally, I'd like to see Jonas return or for Jacob/Selmak to join SG-1.

Comment

Col. Dixon (Adam Baldwin) gogogo!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson
          Why put RDA at the end of the intro credits?
          Why? Doesn't matter. Because it's never gonna happen. RDA is still the star of the show. Doesn't matter if he's the most important character or has the most screen-time or not. He's still the star.
          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

OK, let's just assume we have a 9th season that'll lead into a series of SG-1 films. Here's how I'd redo the cast in the opening credits...

Amanda Tapping
            Stargate SG-1
            Michael Shanks
            Christopher Judge
            Corin Nemec

Thoughts?

PUH-LEASE! AT is no way a first billing star! she would screw things up like that chick from Earth: final conflict I *despised* that show towards the end. Radical feminism anyone? NO THANK YOU.

the only girl ever to manage a leading role in scifi was the actress who played Delenn on B5 and only because the character was written with a strong religious component and the actress had the best voice/demeanor for the part.

HERE's how it must be!

Michael Shanks
            Stargate SG-1
            Amanda Tapping
            Christopher Judge
            Corin Nemec

Comment

Michael Shanks could work as the series lead, but whut's wrong with a woman in command? Captain Janeway did alright on Star Trek: Voyager.

Comment

Torri Higginson is the lead female in Atlantis. Nothing wrong with her. She's awesome!

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I don't take anyone seriously who's argument includes the word 'chick' but that's just me.

But onto the focus of this thread... for some reason that I've never quite figured out (and I'd love a PM about it), TPTB have decided that Jonas is a character they'd rather forget even happened.

So don't count on it.

Comment

janeway imo was a terrible leader, she toasted their way home several times, missed several later opportunities and was so egotistic she made kirk seem like a selfless guy!

weir, is too much the beaurecrat, and tho the pony tail guy needed to have his jets cooled such a high handed attitude as she used was just plain stupid. her comment about her being a governor of a colony was not too bright either as several American colonies sent their governor's back to england tarred and feathered and sneaking out of the country in women's clothes (i think that was the massachusetts governor ) at least they couldn't get her on that one

also her argument to persuade the genii to let terrans keep atlantis really was astoundingly arrogant - you would think such an international negotiator would not be so stupid in her tactics

lastly - 'chicks' is a term that fits when the person stating their opinion doesn't have a particularly high opinion of the female in question

Comment

Amanda Tapping
                      Stargate SG-1
                      Michael Shanks
                      Christopher Judge
                      Corin Nemec
                      If in this scenario RDA is a recurring character, why do any of the rest of the cast need to be before the title? I always thought AT, MS, and CJ were more of an ensemble cast after RDA, who's the obvious star of the show.

And as upsetting as it is to some people, I really don't think they're going to bring Jonas back.
                      Last edited by Jonisa; 15 October 2004, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by terraatlantus
                        janeway imo was a terrible leader, she toasted their way home several times, missed several later opportunities and was so egotistic she made kirk seem like a selfless guy!

weir, is too much the beaurecrat, and tho the pony tail guy needed to have his jets cooled such a high handed attitude as she used was just plain stupid. her comment about her being a governor of a colony was not too bright either as several American colonies sent their governor's back to england tarred and feathered and sneaking out of the country in women's clothes (i think that was the massachusetts governor ) at least they couldn't get her on that one

also her argument to persuade the genii to let terrans keep atlantis really was astoundingly arrogant - you would think such an international negotiator would not be so stupid in her tactics

lastly - 'chicks' is a term that fits when the person stating their opinion doesn't have a particularly high opinion of the female in question
                        Just for discussion sake... what if the characters you just gave your opinion on were men? Would you be using the same adjectives to describe them? Or would that arrogant and egotistical woman suddenly become a "self-assured strong-willed a**-kicking man?"

I'm just wondering since your labels are pretty strong there...

Oh and about 'chicks'... last time I heard they're still the little things that hatch outta eggs... or some early 1970's guy-talk referring to the girls they'd like to get know in a positive way...

As far as the thread topic….
                        I don’t know about bringing Jonas back… Like Ramne, I’m not sure about having 3 non-military personnel on a 4-person team. And as long as RDA is execproducer…. Methinks his name is likely to go wherever he’d like it….
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar

Oh and about 'chicks'... last time I heard they're still the little things that hatch outta eggs... or some early 1970's guy-talk referring to the girls they'd like to get know in a positive way...
                          it….
                          plz teens today still use 'chicks' i heard it used on a couple college campuses recently by both males and females

Comment

Originally posted by DanielJackson
                            Amanda Tapping
                            Stargate SG-1
                            Michael Shanks
                            Christopher Judge
                            Corin Nemec
                            Richard Dean-Anderson as "General Jack O'Neill
                            First I think RDA is the only one in this group who probably rates the credit BEFORE the show title. If Jack becomes a recurring character I'm sure RDA will be treated well in the credits, whether he maintains his current position or picks up the "And" credit or the "Special Guest Star" designation..

Second, I think it's extremely unlikely that CN is ever going to be back on the show again. His storyline was intended to take him to Atlantis. He didn't go. I would have been fine with him staying on in some capacity in season 7 or even coming back in season 8. I just think it's too late to go back now and since TPTB don't even mention the character unless specifically asked I think it's a moot point.

Third, I think Adam Baldwin (Col. Dixon) or even a new character played by someone who will bring some new charisma to the show is more likely.

I have no idea what they're going to do IF they go for another season. The one thing I'd bet money on, though, is that Jonas won't be back. Sorry.
                            Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by terraatlantus
                              PUH-LEASE! AT is no way a first billing star! she would screw things up like that chick from Earth: final conflict I *despised* that show towards the end. Radical feminism anyone? NO THANK YOU.

the only girl ever to manage a leading role in scifi was the actress who played Delenn on B5 and only because the character was written with a strong religious component and the actress had the best voice/demeanor for the part.

HERE's how it must be!

Michael Shanks
                              Stargate SG-1
                              Amanda Tapping
                              Christopher Judge
                              Corin Nemec
                              Dude that post just SCREAMED "sexism," but that's just me. I don't think either Michael Shanks OR Amanda Tapping would get their names before the title, as that privilege is rare and (at times) unnecessary. They only had RDA at the VERY beginning, because his name would sell the show to the US, rather than (then) little-known Canadian actors for those first few seasons. Based on what I see in the fandom, his name being before the title has meant nothing when it comes to how much they watch the show. In other words, AT, MS, and CJ were able to prove that they are just as integral to the show as RDA. It also helps that RDA is an executive producer.

ALSO, having/wanting/not minding a woman's name before the title of a show absolutely has NOTHING to do with radical feminism. I'm not a feminist either, by the way. No one's asking for female superiority in this line of business - just equality.

I've noticed that people tend to compare SG-1 to other shows, and this is one of those times. Did either Earth: Final Conflict or Babylon 5 last as long as Stargate SG-1? I'm not sure how long they lasted, because I didn't watch either, but I'm pretty sure we're dealing with a different situation, you know? We can't just ASSUME that a woman would screw a show up because of past results in PAST shows.

That's all. Just thought I'd get that out.

If RDA stayed on in minimum capacity, they'd probably pull an "X-Files" when he was in an ep and do the usual credits or put him directly after the title. I hated it when they did it in "The X-Files," mostly because DD would be in the ep for five-seconds or so, and then we'd never see him again. I really started to dislike that guy towards the end. However, in this case, RDA's been pretty decent and understandable about his demands, so it's cool with me. (Like it matters either way!)

Credit-wise, if RDA wasn't in an ep and/or was gone for the whole season, they'd probably do:

*Stargate SG-1*
                              Amanda Tapping
                              Christopher Judge
                              (choice actors)
                              with/and Michael Shanks

Sometimes that "with" or "and" means as much as the top-billing actor. If you notice, David Hewlitt has that, and he's not a subordinate character. If anything, he's more notable to SG-1 fans, and would be just as important to some of them as Weir or Sheppard.

Comment

Working...
                              X