Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russell T Davies on possibility of dr who - torchwood cross-over:

Davies: 'Torchwood' stars may join 'Dr Who'

source: digital spy
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
      Russell T Davies on possibility of dr who - torchwood cross-over:

Davies: 'Torchwood' stars may join 'Dr Who'

source: digital spy
      Maybe a monster, a Weevil could work but a main cast member of Torchwood? Not sure I want to see anyone else besides Jack on Doctor Who.

Dam Russell! I would love to see The Doctor on Torchwood! Dam kiddies, who cares about them! Also if he is so worried about the *children's* hero being on Torchwood where does that leave Jack?! He is a big dam hero! Kids love him! Why else would they do an edited version in the first place?

I say just do a big cross-over movie already and be done with it...

Comment

I could see Gwen traveling with the Doctor.... anyone else.. not really... and really, there's ample reason for the Doctor to be on Torchwood.... and if he's soo worried about the pre-watershed version, not every episode has to be filled with sex, violence, and gore.... even adult audiences like a nice, danger-without-overt-violence story every now and then.....and if he's worried about how to express Jack, he did a wonderful job with the innuendos on DW...
        I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
        sigpic

Comment

icWales: Torchwood writer shares some script secrets (Interview with TW writer Cath Tregenna [Out Of Time, Captain Jack Harkness, Meat, Adam]

"... writing for Torchwood is a “very liberating” experience.

“There is no bible at all. I said to Russell T Davies when I first met him I felt agoraphobic because I didn’t have the limitations and boundaries of, say, being in an emergency ward.

“The danger, however, is sometimes just sticking to a guest story in that episode and having the Torchwood team reacting to it. The best episodes are where they are personally on some sort of journey.

“I have noticed in this series how Torchwood can hold different genres, so you can have a very character-driven episode followed by an action alien invasion episode but it all holds together quite well.”

Tregenna will be giving an insight into the world of writing for television – and some insider information on Torchwood – when she speaks during the Ffresh Festival at Aberystwyth Arts Centre this Thursday."

...“The unsung hero is the script editor. I have worked with Helen Raynor who also writes for Torchwood and Brian Minchin and they will help you with the overall continuity of the character’s voice, for example they will say Ianto has a very dry sense of humour, so don’t be afraid to give him the very dark gags,” she says of Torchwood."
          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Torchwood Action Figures

"Torchwood is getting its own figures- they will be 7" scale unfortunately, but will include Jack, some of the monsters (including Weevil). The rest of team will not be in the first wave.

There are no classic Dr. Who figures shown yet at Toy Fair this year; Underground was not allowed to display them, but more are coming. First wave will incldue the 4th, 5th, and 6th Doctors. And the Rose/ Chip 2-pack will be rereleased for those who missed out the first time.

Dr. Who Mini=Mates were shown, including the 9th & 10th Doctors, Martha, Cyberman, Cyber controller. Dr Who Jack (10th Dr.) will have two versions.

..."
            source: Action Figure Insider
            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
              icWales: Torchwood writer shares some script secrets (Interview with TW writer Cath Tregenna [Out Of Time, Captain Jack Harkness, Meat, Adam]
              They don't have a show bible! *grr* I think that explains a lot; especially about series one.

Comment

New videos on BBC America TW site (You'll find them in Special Features Section, click on "Watch the Videos" and pick which clip you wanna watch. You'll have to suffer through an annoying add before the clip uploades though. )

List of vids available:

Meat Inside Look Videos (Eve Myles and Burn Gorman discuss various aspects of the episode)
                Spoiler:
                S2 Episode 04: Inside Look 1
                Eve describes Gwen's relief at finally being able to share Torchwood with Rhys.

S2 Episode 04: Inside Look 2
                Owen's reaction to Rhys being introduced to the hub.

S2 Episode 04: Inside Look 3
                Eve discusses the Jack-Gwen-Rhys triangle. (quite interesting)

S2 Episode 04: Inside Look 4
                Burn describes why this week's alien is different than normal.
                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Promo Pictures of Martha and episode stills for Reset

Spoiler:
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Reset promo vids

Trailer
                    Preview (youtube links)
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Torchwood on UK iTunes?

"The BBC today confirmed earlier reports that it would distribute its televised content on the UK iTunes store, offering an initial selection of episodes from seven different series. The selection includes several episodes from the raunchy, but popular Doctor Who spinoff, Torchwood, and MI5 spy drama Spooks, as well as the offbeat crime series, Life On Mars. Most of the unveiled content goes for £1.89, with a few exceptions.

Content from Little Britain, The Catherine Tate Show, The Mighty Boosh, Little Britain, and Two Pints of Lager & a Packet of Crisps were also released. Other titles are expected to follow.

Neither Apple nor the BBC commented whether it would bring the content to international music stores."

source: macnn.com
                      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Digital Spy has interview with Freema Agyeman. Contains TW s2 and DW s4 spoilers.

Spoiler:
                        How did [Martha] get the job at UNIT? It's said that she was recommended by a "highly impeccable source".
                        "The fact that it was the Doctor? Thing is, when I go back into Doctor Who and the Doctor and Martha meet up again, they do talk about the fact that she's worked at UNIT. So it is re-iterated and explained more. But it was him that got her the job there, yeah."
                        How does she come to join Torchwood though?
                        "Well, Jack has called her in, basically. A lot is left for the viewer to deduce and you don't get the impression that Jack and Martha have been in touch loads, but you do get the impression that they know how to get hold of one another. We learn at the beginning that he's called her up to come in and help with this investigation because she's got some further information that could help them solve their mystery. So she arrives to become part of the team for a bit."

Does she have the hots for Captain Jack? She seems to probe Ianto for information!
                        "I think it's just more of an interest really. Jack is this very sexual person and all throughout Doctor Who last year he kept flirting with her and making these innuendos but she finds him harmless and entertaining. He is a good-looking, sexy man. But I think it's playful fun. She wants to know more, they all want to know more. All of the Torchwood team are always asking each other about him, who he is and where he came from. Even Martha, after all she's been through with him, nearly coming to the end of the world together, is now trying to fill in the in-betweens and find out more about his personal life."

linkie here
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Digital spy has spoilers for Reset:

Spoiler:
                          Martha Jones is back in Cardiff equipped with her medical knowledge, but can you correctly diagnose the two fake spoilers amongst the following hints about what lies ahead...

1) The Weevils are back.
                          2) Margaret Slitheen makes an appearance.
                          3) Looking into the eyes of a corpse can help solve a mystery.
                          4) Captain Jack refers to Harold Saxon.
                          5) Martha Jones tells Professor Copley: "Oh my God, you look just like Jim Robinson from Neighbours!" He replies: "Yeah, I get that a lot."
                          6) Toshiko is momentarily turned into a giant gnat.
                          7) Jack wants Martha to give Ianto a UNIT outfit.
                          8) Owen agrees to go on a date - but will it be with Martha or Toshiko?
                          9) There is a shock ending.

Radio Times mini review of Reset:
                          Spoiler:
                          Captain Jack enlists the help of The Doctor's former sidekick Martha Jones (Freema Agyeman) to investigate a series of mysterious deaths. When the trail leads to a sinister medical testing centre, Martha must go undercover. But has Jack underestimated how far those at the centre are prepared to go in their search for medical breakthroughs?

RT Choice (Mark Braxton, 20 February 2008)

Torchwood has raised its game dramatically in recent weeks, and those who've stuck with it are being rewarded…

Agyeman illuminates the Hub with her instant likeability - her flirty familiarity with Jack is especially appealing - and there's some cute awkwardness between Tosh and Owen.

The question is: can Torchwood maintain the pace?
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Digital spy has huge spoilers for Dead Man Walking

Spoiler:
                            Click only if you know what happened at the end of Reset (you have been warned)
                            Spoiler:
                            This week on Torchwood, it's the team's darkest hour yet:

After last week's final minute shocker, there are two things you need to know:

1. Owen IS dead.
                            2. Owen is not off the team.... yet.

I'll refrain from saying much more because this is an episode you really need to see for yourselves but I will let Freema Agyeman (Martha Jones) loose to do a bit of teasing:

Is that the end of Owen?
                            "Haha... I'm not giving that away, Neil! Obviously there are huge repercussions with what's happened. It's a direct continuation [in episode seven] but I really don't want to give too much away because it's quite a surprise. I will say it's sort of concluded after episode seven - not concluded but that particular story has found some sort of conclusion - then episode eight you're looking at a brand new mystery. I'll leave you to see that because it shocks all of us. Go watch it, go watch it!"

There's more from Freema, by the way, in our exclusive interview - including some hints on her reunion with The Doctor!

Would Owen be a sad loss to the team? Should Martha be a permanent addition?
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Spoiler:
                              no! i refuse to believe this is the end of Owen.... mainly b/c i've read synoptic spoilers that sya owen's in later eps... but that's beside the point he's really become a part of the team during the time Jack was away, and he's shed into a very different light this series... it'd be a shame to waste such a wonderfully potential character!!
                              I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                no! i refuse to believe this is the end of Owen.... mainly b/c i've read synoptic spoilers that sya owen's in later eps... but that's beside the point he's really become a part of the team during the time Jack was away, and he's shed into a very different light this series... it'd be a shame to waste such a wonderfully potential character!!
                                (((Lilith))) I didn't believe it either. spoilers for later s2 episodes
                                Spoiler:
                                because there are pictures that show him at Gwen's wedding later in the season 2
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
                                X