Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntress View Post
    LOL that was funny. Too bad no real news regarding the five episode story arch but I have a feeling that they will (try) keep it under wraps pretty tight (well unless "The Sun" is going to spill the beans ....again....) because there are only five episodes and it isn't much fun when all the details are spoiled.
    I dunno, Torchwood's a lot more low-profile than DW, they might give up and go to sleep isntead
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    sigpic
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Yeah that is true. The Sun really just hates the Doctor ...for some strange reason that I have never figured out.
      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
      And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
        Is there anywhere a link to the Captain's blog? And can you read it from outside the US?
        (((iolanda))) Here's the link to Captain's blog. There are 26 entries so far (one for each episode). Enjoy the read.
        "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Torchwood magazine issue no. 7 cover art
          Spoiler:

picture thanks to Tardis base

Torchwood Team on the cover of Doctor Who magazine issue no. 398

Spoiler:

(no. 3 of 4 collector's covers)

Los Angeles Times with some Comic-Con news
          Spoiler:
          "Thursday, July 24 kicks things off with a panel featuring Britain’s most successful sci-fi franchise. The Doctor Who panel includes the BAFTA winning executive producer and lead writer Steven Moffat and executive producer Julie Gardner. It is followed by a Torchwood panel - BBC AMERICA’s highest rated television show ever - with actors John Barrowman, Gareth David-Lloyd and Naoko Mori and executive producer Julie Gardner."

The rest here: 'Dr. Who,' 'Torchwood' and the BBC at Comic-Con
          Last edited by zuz; 20 July 2008, 03:12 AM.
          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

More information on season 3 from the new Torchwood magazine

thanks to the silver sun
            Spoiler:

The five episodes will be broadcast over five nights. It mentions a just screened BBC1 drama, Criminal Justice which has just used that format, running Monday to Friday at 9pm.

Each episode will be an hour long rather than the usual 45 minutes.

It will be broadcast in spring 2009.

It will be getting a post watershed (post 9pm) time slot. Because of BBC1 scheduling (ie they can't move the 10pm news) it's almost a given that it will be the 9-10pm slot that it's given. And that is a pretty good time slot for any show.

RTD is writing the first one, John Fay the second, forth and fifth and James Moran the third.
            John Fay has written for soaps, Robin Hood, Clocking Off and some short drama series such as Mobile. The reviews for Mobile (ITV) were good saying he handled both domestic and action scenes well, and the deaths often had a darkly comic edge to them. He sounds like he might be a good writer for them to have on board if Mobile is typical of his writing style.

source: torch_wood
            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

RTD is writing an episode! SQUEE!
              Yes, I am!
              sigpic
              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Well, since I don't see any news on this here...

Torchwood Series 2 is coming to Space, premiering with two back-to-back episodes on August 8th!

Spacecast.com also has a nice little interview with John Barrowman

ENJOY WHOVIANS

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Originally posted by The TARDIS View Post
                  Well, since I don't see any news on this here...

Torchwood Series 2 is coming to Space, premiering with two back-to-back episodes on August 8th!

Spacecast.com also has a nice little interview with John Barrowman

ENJOY WHOVIANS
                  Oh. My. God. Wow. Didn't expect that- so CBC decided to let it slip from their grubby little paws then?

Not that SPACE is much better these days.....they'll probably edit the hell out of it, but still, yay!

Comment

I don't have enough time to scan through the whole thread, but is there any dates out there for season three yet?
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Sometime next year, they haven't started filming yet

Comment

Season 3 casting info [possible spoilers]

Spoiler:
                        Agyeman Axed From 'Torchwood' Cast?

" Well, now there appears to be more problems as BBC bosses axe former "Doctor Who" companion Freema Agyeman from the season three cast.

The Sun is reporting that after spending the summer writing the five-part story for the third season, "Torchwood" scribes have been forced to go back and re-draft their work to exclude Agyeman's Martha Jones character. What prompted the decision? Apparently, it was the result of a little old-school channel rivalry.

The tabloid claims that Agyeman (who also narrates "Bizarre E.R." for BBC Three) has been axed from the series after accepting a position on a new ITV drama based on the long-running U.S. series, "Law And Order." The new show, "Law And Order: London," has been given a 12-episode green light which is an unusually long commitment for a U.K. series.

ITV has long been considered the BBC's biggest rival and was the first "free" channel to be launched in the UK with broadcast expenses covered by commercial advertising."

source: SyFy portal

So they're quoting The Sun apparently. Not the most reliable source.
                        Still it doesn't bode well if true.
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

spoiler tabgs for possible spoilers

Spoiler:
                          Two things. First, the Sun seem to have somethign against FA, they're also the ones who kept insisting she was fired from DW - which is slightly ridiculuos, cos you don't fire someone and then give them a 5-episodes contract (out of 13) and another 3 for the spin off.
                          The second, I don't know when she accepted the role. But the scripts have been written ages ago, GDL said all already got them, and shooting series 3 starts in a couple of weeks. In other words, there is no way she confirmed participating in series 3 and then was axed because she accepted a different role - if she accepted the role in L&O and - as it appears, filming clashes - then she couldn't've committed to Torchwood in the first place.
                          \This smells like rubbish to me.

Thing is, no one ever confirmed FA is going to be in Torchwood series 3. All the info about it had been rumours - and granted, the ending of Jounrey's End seemed to suggest that, but still the BBC never said anything. I did raise an eyebrow when it was anounced she'd be in L&O because fo teh apparent schedule clash. I'd say either she never committed to Torchwood in the first place or she's got a Tardis and can appear in both )
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Don't believe anything you read in The Sun concerning Dr Who or Torchwood

Comment

John Barrowman appeared at Comic-Con. Here are some links:

Photos
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/annalouise/2701946259/
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/annalouise/2701947401/
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/annalouise/2701949241/
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/annalouise/2701945973/
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/annalouise/2701946801/
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/annalouise/2701945361/
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/annalouise/2701945435/

and

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....con-dis-1.html

excerpt:
                              There was a little news at the “Torchwood” panel, which immediately followed the “Doctor Who” one. Star John Barrowman, who plays Captain Jack Harkness, appeared with fellow cast members Gareth David-Lloyd (who plays Ianto) and Naoko Mori (Toshiko), as well as Gardner.

This is a show that has a lot of flirty, slightly outrageous banter, and the panel didn’t disappoint in that department either. There were a lot of saucy references to the relationship between Ianto and Captain Jack, and the audience also loved the clips from an episode featuring Captain Jack with his nemesis and former lover, Captain John Hart (James Marsters).

REST AT LINK ABOVE
                              Last edited by prion; 25 July 2008, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the links, prion.
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
                                X