Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Who s4 finale spoilers [but nothing plot-related ]

Spoiler:
    "As confirmed in this week's Radio Times by Russell T Davies OBE (and congratulations to him for that, while we're at it), the Torchwood team will appear in the finale of this season's Doctor Who. Gareth had a blast filming this, so we hope you enjoy watching it."

source: garethdavid-lloyd.co.uk

YAY!

More spoilers from the Radio Times magazine
    [thanks to lucy-loo1]
    Spoiler:

"Huge events are in store for Donna. The returning companions have incredible status - as the finale swings into action, we've got Rose, with her ability to stride parallel worlds, alongside Captain Jack and his Torchwood team, plus Martha with the military might of UNIT behind her, and Sarah-Jane with her alien-busting career - and yet it's still Donna at the heart of events. The ordinary human!"

Sounds great!
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

I really can't wait for this now

Comment

Torchwood Soundtrack

A release for the soundtrack to cult BBC series Torchwood has been officially confirmed.

The latest issue of Torchwood Magazine states that the CD will be released by Silva Screen in late 2009 and contain incidental music by Ben Foster from both seasons of the show.

Silva Screen has previously been responsible for two Doctor Who soundtrack releases containing the music of Murray Gold.

Torchwood Magazine also confirmed that the shortened third season of the show will air over five consecutive nights on BBC One.
        http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a10...-released.html

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info, SaberBlade.

Planet Galifrey has a fabulous squee-worthy Dr Who season finale promo pic [WP size].

And guess who's in the picture?

Spoiler:
          Jack!!!!! No Ianto and Gwen though.

linkie here [There's also a synopsis for The Journey's End there!]
          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Torchwood magazine issue no. 6 cover art

Spoiler:
            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Doctor Who - The Stolen Earth - Next time BBC One Clip [YouTube link]
              Spoiler:

OMG! Jack! Ianto! Gwen! Kickass!team FTW! Not to mention the Ianto/Jack/Gwen hug

low quality screencaps:

Spoiler:

Looks awesome.
              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                Doctor Who - The Stolen Earth - Next time BBC One Clip [YouTube link]
                Spoiler:

OMG! Jack! Ianto! Gwen! Kickass!team FTW! Not to mention the Ianto/Jack/Gwen hug

low quality screencaps:

Spoiler:

Looks awesome.
                Just watched "Stolen Earth" and HOLY *lots of bleeping*....*jaw scrapes*. it was amazing. Can't wait to see what happens next week!!
                sigpic

Comment

I know that feeling! I can't wait for next week as well.

Ianto was so cute on "Stolen Earth" as always.

Comment

Torchwood Panel set for Comic Con 2008

Thursday July 24th

1:00-2:00 Torchwood—Writer Russell T Davies (Doctor Who), executive producer Julie Gardner (Torchwood), writer Steven Moffat (Doctor Who), and actors John Barrowman, Gareth David-Lloyd, Naoko Mori and Burn Gorman discuss their creative process and experience on working on BBC America’s highest-rated show ever—Torchwood— followed by a Q&A session. Ballroom 20

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci08_prog_thu.php

John Barrowman & Gareth David-Lloyd will be signing autographs in the exhibit hall Thursday & Friday
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                      Torchwood Panel set for Comic Con 2008

Thursday July 24th

1:00-2:00 Torchwood—Writer Russell T Davies (Doctor Who), executive producer Julie Gardner (Torchwood), writer Steven Moffat (Doctor Who), and actors John Barrowman, Gareth David-Lloyd, Naoko Mori and Burn Gorman discuss their creative process and experience on working on BBC America’s highest-rated show ever—Torchwood— followed by a Q&A session. Ballroom 20

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci08_prog_thu.php

John Barrowman & Gareth David-Lloyd will be signing autographs in the exhibit hall Thursday & Friday
                      *Whaa!* I want to see them all together... hopes someone vids it and puts it up in the usual places at least.

Comment

Season 3 spoilers

Thanks to tigercheetah who collected season 3 spoilers from various fan reports of Gareth David-Lloyd's appearance in Canada
                        Spoiler:

"Very early audio reports from Gareth's appearance in Canada are just starting to come through. This is what he had to say about series 3, although these early audio reports are not great quality.

1) Filming will start in August.

2 This time around, the cast have recieved all their scripts for the new series in advance, which he was happy about.

3) Series 3 will be aimed at a more "mainstream" audience (this means it will be aimed at a wider audience, not just sci-fi fans) but it will still be a 9pm watershed show and it will still be Torchwood as we recognise it.

4) Series 3 will be one long storyline, which will be "one of the most horrible situations so far" for the team. There will be quite a few emotional scenes throughout.

5) Owen and Tosh have not been forgotten.

6) There will be 2 new characters joining (he didn't say who)

7) Gareth also says that Ianto has "a lot of lines, which is nice" whilst he has a smile on his face and that he also has a few emotional scenes. (Anyone who was worried about Ianto being pushed aside in S3, seem to have little to worry about )"

source: torch_wood
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Series 2 Boxset

Torchwood season 2 boxset scans as provided by Tardis Base.

JB News

John Barrowmanat Niagara Falls - USA Today has an article about John meeting some TW fans at Niagara Falls. Click to see a photo.

John Barrowman will be in L.A. autographing his book on 23 July. The 7 PM event will be held at Book Soup, which is located at 8818 Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood, CA. [source: Playbill News]

BBC 1 has just released its synopsis of The Making of Me, the upcoming documentary series with actor John Barrowman and PFLAG executive director Jody Huckaby and his siblings.

"Three celebrities go on a mission to discover the source of their defining trait, talent or characteristic. With the help of scientific testing, the latest psychology techniques, brain science and genetics, they attempt to answer a question that affects everyone – how do nature and nurture shape us?

In the first programme, John Barrowman embarks on a journey of self-discovery to find out the truth about his sexuality. John is a successful actor, musical performer, dancer, singer and TV presenter. For as long as he has been aware of his sexuality, John has been convinced that he was born gay and firmly believes that homosexuality is not a choice. But did nature really mould him or did nurture have a part to play?"

The first episode will air on Thursday 24 July, 9.00-10.00pm on BBC ONE.

More about the documentary here.
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Identity of BBCA Captain's Blog Author Revealed

From James Moran's Blog:
                            "Also, the new issue of Torchwood magazine is out, which has some interesting news about Series 3. Specifically, one of the writers involved, a handsome, talented young fellow called... oh, how embarrassing! It's me! Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies - you know the drill, I can't talk plot details or anything like that. However, if you want some spillage, I am now able to reveal that I know who did the Captain's Blogs on the BBC America site: it was an extremely dashing, clever gentleman called... oh blimey, how embarrassing! It's me again! Er, yes, it was. Sorry, I pretended not to know because I had to keep quiet. Now that I've come clean, I feel so much better. I hereby claim the sweets and cash you all promised to the person who did them."
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
                              Identity of BBCA Captain's Blog Author Revealed

From James Moran's Blog:
                              LOL that was funny. Too bad no real news regarding the five episode story arch but I have a feeling that they will (try) keep it under wraps pretty tight (well unless "The Sun" is going to spill the beans ....again....) because there are only five episodes and it isn't much fun when all the details are spoiled.
                              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Is there anywhere a link to the Captain's blog? And can you read it from outside the US?
                                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Working...
                                X