Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More on Sleeper
    Spoiler:

BBC Press Release: "Torchwood Declassified for this episode has a special report from the thick of the action of this explosive episode. On location in the centre of Cardiff, director Colin Teague and series producer Richard Stokes explain the complications of filming the series' biggest-ever visual effect."

It looks like we're going to see some nifty exposive FX. I might be wrong but I believe that the "biggest-ever visual effect" is gonna be the huge explosion filmed in Cardiff in July. Here is the link to Daily Mail report. You will find some interesting photos of the explosion there, too.

New Interview on Radio Times. James Marsters talks about his Torchwood experience. Both interesting and funny. Read here. (spoilers for KKBB)
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Captain Jack might appear in S4 of Doctor Who.
      Spoiler:
      According to John Barrowman Jack might appear in series 4 finale of Dr Who to save the day. Read more here: Daily Star - I’LL SAVE DOCTOR. (spoilers, obviously)
      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

2 more mini-reviews of Sleeper
        Spoiler:
        From Radio Times: "The shock dial has been given a hefty twist for this gory tale of alien invasion by stealth. It opens with a couple being burgled and the raiders killed. The police happily hand the case over to Torchwood when the deaths look abnormal - the injuries are extensive but there's no weapon. Captain Jack's pack take the chief suspect (an impressive Nikki Amuka- Bird) back to the Hub for interrogation. Somehow a reasoned discourse on human nature is lobbed into the mix, but it sits uneasily amid scenes of torture. The story wants to be meaningful but slaps down on the side of schlock, so what begins as an intense and claustrophobic mystery ends with violent pandemonium."

from Guardian Unlimited: "Next week's episode, Sleeper, is much darker and even better. The whole alien-invasion-as-analogy-for-terrorism thing could have been disastrous with the slightest error of judgement, but this story of alien sleeper agents lying dormant across Cardiff is tense and heartbreaking."

Opinions differ, obviously.
        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
          I've sent the Mods a message so all we have to do is wait
          I was going to do that... great minds.

I love the idea/spoilers for "To The Last Man" it sounds really interesting.

And here I was trying to avoid spoilers. *that's over*

Comment

Yay we've been stickyed

Comment

I'm looking forward to episode 3
              Spoiler:
              Because I work in a haunted military hospital
              Heh. I go to school in a haunted ex-military hospital.

Comment

Digital Spy's Tube talk reveals a fresh bunch of series 2 spoilers.
                Spoiler:

"Torchwood stands proudly on its own two feet and screams "Doctor Who?" with a cracking run of episodes in the coming weeks. Here's what I can tell you:

Sleeper

A possible recurring storyline begins in this week's episode, 'Sleeper'. A woman named Beth slaughters two burglars, seemingly without recollection of the incident. Torchwood soon uncovers the truth - that she is a "sleeper agent", one of several aliens who have infiltrated Earth under the guise of humans, living their lives as normal until "activation" time. Only problem is, Beth has no idea she's not human. And guess what time it is?

You go girl!
                Tosh is finally getting a bit of action. She falls for a very old man indeed, but heartbreak is in store when they are cruelly ripped apart. Meanwhile her flame for Owen is still burning brightly, and we'll see more evidence of that in the coming weeks. Mine's tuna mayo, love.

Torchwood -90
                Who are Gerald and Harriet? We may discover a bit more about Torchwood's past in future episodes.

Doctor Jack
                Is Captain Jack becoming more like the Doctor? Episode four, about an ever-growing alien that is being harvested for its meat, brings out CJ's empathetic side. "We see enough death," he tells his team then, echoing many a Tennant scene, touches the wounded beast and enquires: "What have they done to you, my poor friend?"

They Keep Waking Tommy
                Episode three introduces us to Tommy, a soldier who was cryogenically frozen by Torchwood in 1918 and has to be defrosted every year for one day only. Hence every year is like a day for Tommy, who is still the same age 90 years on - and just as clueless over why this is happening to him. Clue: that pesky rift plays a big part.

Clueless no more
                Rhys finally learns the truth about who Gwen works for in episode four, then is plunged straight into the action as he goes undercover on an operation. When the time comes for him to be fed an amnesia pill, Gwen throws down an ultimatum to Captain Jack.

Who said that?
                "All quiet here, just that little spike from earlier"
                "Let's all have sex."
                "I could murder a cup of tea."
                "We know who you are, Jack Harkness."
                "I catch aliens."
                "This is quite homerotic."
                "They're already here.""
                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

i'm looking forward to episode 5, any wonder why

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                    Heh. I go to school in a haunted ex-military hospital.
                    Do you mind if I ask where? I work at the Royal Hospital, Haslar in Gosport

Comment

Do you mind if I ask where? I work at the Royal Hospital, Haslar in Gosport
                      Devonport Highschool for Boys, in Plymouth. It was Stoke Military Hospital from 1797 until the end of World War II.

Comment

Devonport Highschool for Boys, in Plymouth. It was Stoke Military Hospital from 1797 until the end of World War II.
                        that must be really cool!

Sig made by Suekay.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
                          that must be really cool!
                          Well, in my old form room I was sat right next to a pillar that they used to chain mental patients to, which was, uh... Yeah...

Comment

My ex sister in law lives in Plymouth

Well, in my old form room I was sat right next to a pillar that they used to chain mental patients to, which was, uh... Yeah...
                            Apparently, in the cellar at work you can still hear chains rattle and moans and screams from where the insane were kept and where they used to do amputations, before the days of anesthetic

Comment

Times Online review for ep 2 - Sleeper:
                              Spoiler:
                              "Torchwood fans are in for a treat tonight, with one of the strongest episodes to date. It begins with a burglary that has unforeseen consequences. The terrified householder slaughters both her intruders, but appears to remember nothing whatsoever about it. Nor does she begin to understand what Captain Jack is talking about when he yells at her: “Stop wasting our time! We know you’re an alien!” As it turns out, she isn’t all that she seems – but there is nothing she can do about it. As well as being funny, exciting and scary, the story touches on what it means to be human and the extent to which people are responsible for their actions."

Radio Times review for ep 3 - To The Last Man:
                              Spoiler:
                              "This sweet and sad man-out-of-time tale by Helen Raynor is a vast improvement on the gaudy opening brace of episodes.

A rift in time is causing 'ghosts' from 1918 - patients from a military hospital - to be seen in the present day. One of those patients, Tommy, was cryogenically frozen by 1918's version of Torchwood and the present-day crew subject him to his annual awakening. Tosh has already formed an attachment to the gentlemanly Tommy from his previous revivals but now falls for him big time.

It's slow but engaging, and delightfully acted by the two leads, Naoko and Anthony. When the characters come first, Torchwood really can hit the spot. "

possible spoilers for relationships development in episodes 2 & 3 - Sleeper and To The Last Man here (These are "unconfirmed" spoilers. So please bear that in mind.)
                              Last edited by zuz; 23 January 2008, 07:13 AM.
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

SciFi wire has this up, not sure if it is new: A small interview with BG about Torchwood in the US.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=47574

And of course James Moran's (writer or Sleeper) blog is here:

http://jamesmoran.blogspot.com/2008/...e-tonight.html

I am also told that Channel 10 in Australia has been screening series one in HD ( I can neither confirm or deny this as I live in an area that cannot get HD and I don't have a HD tv anyway )

Still no word on series two HD or otherwise being screened... at all... never mind in a decent timeslot.

Comment

Working...
                                X