Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HD.net has synopses for episodes 6, 7, 8, 9 and 11. Plus spoilery piccies for ep 4, 5, 6

Here goes:
    Spoiler:
    Episode list for s2

1. Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang

2. Sleeper

3. To The Last Man

4. Meat

Rhys discovers the truth about Torchwood and becomes part of the team as they investigate a mysterious alien meat supply. With Rhys in increasing danger Gwen is under pressure like never before. Will Rhys go too far? Will Jack ask too much of him? And can Torchwood save the alien from being used as cheap meat?

5. Adam

An alien with the power to change memories infiltrates Torchwood. Can the team save themselves before it's too late? With Captain Jack caught up in memories of his lost family, and Gwen struggling to remember Rhys, it takes Jack's love of Ianto to reveal the truth. But there's always a price to pay.

6. Reset

Captain Jack calls in Martha Jones to investigate mysterious deaths. When the trail leads to a sinister medical testing centre Martha must go undercover. But have Torchwood underestimated how far the testing centre will go to find medical breakthroughs? How safe is any of Torchwood?

7. Dead Man Walking
    Deep in shock, the Torchwood team has to face their darkest hour. However, in an effort to put things right, Captain Jack Harkness unleashes a primal force that uses Torchwood as a conduit to wreck havoc across Earth, aided by the Weevils and their newly-appointed King.

8. A Day In The Death
    A victim of his newfound circumstances, Owen Harper believes he needs absolution. Will the lonely girl on the rooftop help him, or will it be a mission to the retrieve an alien device that is proving more lethal by the second? And how far will Toshiko go to help him?

9. Something Borrowed
    The night before her wedding, Gwen is juggling work with her hen night, when an alien shapeshifter leaves her carrying more than she bargained for. As everyone gathers for the ceremony, Jack must destroy her big day, unless one of the three mothers present finds a means to stop him.

10. From Out Of The Rain

11. Adrift
    When a local teenager disappears Gwen is drawn into an investigation that reveals a darker side of Torchwood. Hundreds of people have disappeared without trace, but why is Jack obstructing attempts to find them? The answer seems to lie in the rift. Literally, and as Gwen follows the trail, she makes a shocking discovery.

12. Fragments

13. Exit Wounds

source

The rest of the season 2 sounds good.
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
      2 new Audiobooks

Hidden

"This is an exciting original short story written exclusively for audio, featuring the "Torchwood" characters and read by Naoko Mori who plays Toshiko in the television series. An age old secret is buried away in the heart of the Welsh Countryside. After a series of violent and seemingly unrelated deaths, the solution to a riddle seems to points the finger of blame at Captain Jack Harkness. Can the Torchwood team prove uncover the truth that lies hidden in time to save Jack? This story is written by Steven Savile."

Everyone says hello

"This is an exciting original short story written exclusively for audio, featuring the "Torchwood" characters and read by Burn Gorman, who plays Owen in the television series. Across Cardiff, ordinary people are behaving in odd ways: saying hello to one another, and going out of their way to greet people. Torchwood discovers that an alien communications field is gathering strength in the city. The team must find the device responsible and shut it off - before civil unrest engulfs the city. This story is written by Dan Abnett."

source: Amazon.co.uk
      There is a third Audio CD being released tomorrow - though for some reason there isn't any artwork. It's called In the Shadows by Joseph Lidster. I've ordered all three through amazon.ca and they should arrive by the end of the week. Apparently they are not available through amazon.com.
      Reveling in my multi-shipper happy place...and drooling over Sheppard.

My SG-1 Fanfic (Atlantis fic coming soon)

Comment

Originally posted by magickalmama View Post
        There is a third Audio CD being released tomorrow - though for some reason there isn't any artwork. It's called In the Shadows by Joseph Lidster. I've ordered all three through amazon.ca and they should arrive by the end of the week. Apparently they are not available through amazon.com.
        Thanks for the info, magickalmama.
        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Los Angeles Times has interview with RT Davies. He talks mostly about Dr Who, but there are bits about Torchwood and Sarah Jane Adventures, too.

full article
          Wow Doctor Who's Chrissy ep got a heck of a lot of viewers. Also love his line about US scifi producers... has he met Joe M?

Comment

Anyone fancy a suicide mission and posting a link to JM's blog?

Comment

Los Angeles Times has interview with RT Davies. He talks mostly about Dr Who, but there are bits about Torchwood and Sarah Jane Adventures, too.

Spoiler:
              "...If Davies regrets anything about the first season of "Torchwood," it's how fractured the dynamic among the agents got, he said. "After working on 'Doctor Who' for three years, I think we were desperate to explore adult material," Davies explains. "I think we all interpreted 'adult' as backstabbing, angst, treachery and betrayal." If the second season gets any reboot, Davies said, it's that they'll get along better.

It will help that in the season opener, they bonded in hatred over Capt. John Hart, a time agent who shares a complicated and passionate history with Jack. Much has been made of "Torchwood's" similarity to "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," which gives a seemingly layered significance to the casting of James Marsters, "Buffy's" Spike, in the role of Capt. John. But Davies said the choice was just a happy coincidence. He'd given up on finding a British actor to play the role and had temporarily scrapped the character when out of the blue Marsters' agent got in touch. Still, Sunnydale-starved viewers may have felt that they got a shout-out when Marsters, in a costume half Adam Ant and half Janet Jackson circa "Rhythm Nation," ended his first scene with the line "I'm thirsty." It's a recurring guest spot..."

full article
              Great article! Glad to see he acknowledged the error of having the team all backstabbing one another- definitely the best and most important improvement so far in series two.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                Anyone fancy a suicide mission and posting a link to JM's blog?
                Been done... someone posted it a few days ago, and NO it wasn't me.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                  Been done... someone posted it a few days ago, and NO it wasn't me.
                  Any response from He Who Thinks He Should Be Obeyed

Comment

I shouldn't be cackling with laughter at the very idea, but it's hard not to

Madeleine

Comment

It's what I call my boss

*Holds out wrist to be slapped*

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                        Any response from He Who Thinks He Should Be Obeyed
                        He seems to have missed it, can't think why! lol

Comment

Probably got his fingers in his ears going "LALALALALALALALALA can't hear you"

Comment

Promo vids for episode 5 - ADAM

Trailer
                            Preview clip

Both are YouTube links.
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Burn Gorman's interview for IF Magazine - SPOILERS!!!:

Exclusive Interview: A KINDER GENTLER BURN GORMAN ON 'TORCHWOOD' SEASON 2 - PART 1
                              Exclusive Interview: BURN GORMAN TEASES AS TO 'WHO' WILL BE ON 'TORCHWOOD' SERIES 2

Spoiler:
                              iF: I’ve heard hints that there might be some more DOCTOR WHO crossover villains or characters besides Martha Jones this season. Can you confirm that at all?

GORMAN: I can tell you that there are definitely, it may be for the more obsessive fans, but there are crossovers from DOCTOR WHO. Obviously, there’s Freema [Agyeman] and towards the end of the season there are some, I don’t want to say old friends, but certainly there are some familiar faces, yeah. I would say that.

iF: How was having Freema on as a part of the TORCHWOOD team?

GORMAN: She is a really lovely girl and she comes on with no airs, we all got along very well, thankfully so there was absolutely no edge to it. I think Owen was weary of having another doctor around because he hasn’t got a lot going on outside of Torchwood, especially not now. His role defines him. He certainly wouldn’t go back to the National Health Service, now that he’s obsessed with policing aliens and such. Martha comes in so confident though and she has this back story with Jack that none of them are party to, and Jack calls the shots and says she is going to hang around and use Owen’s space. She very quickly becomes involved in the autopsy room sparring with Owen over who is right. What I did like it about it, was the new girl came in and the writers didn’t have Owen fancy her from the onset. It was less spiky than I thought it might be, they weren’t getting at each other all of the time. And in the other direction it wasn’t them flirting all of the time which would get a bit creepy. You don’t want Owen to being a letch over a girl who saved the world in DOCTOR WHO. Some very interesting and intriguing things happen with Martha and Owen that are a massive storyline and will be very interesting to watch.
                              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Review of Torchwood Magazine issue no. 1:

http://www.behindthesofa.org.uk/2008...ts-subjec.html

Spoiler:
                                "... There are interviews with Barrowman, James Marsters, Nikki Amuka-bird & Dyfed Potter (from the episode Sleeper) and Naoko Mori along with a photographic visit to the Hub set with interjections from the designers and a play-by-play on creating the blow-fish make up. The magazine closes with a diary by Chris Chibnall in which the whole process of making the series boils down to six entries, four of which are about jollies he's gone on to sell the series. There’s even a comic strip by former DWM editor and Transformer fan god Simon Furman.

None of which is uninteresting; the interview with Marsters throws up some useful tit-bits, including that he wanted to make a prequel series to Star Trek and that he wished Spike had been more evil for longer, and there’s far more information in the making of features than usually turns up in Declassified and detailed enough to be of interest to design students. It’s also admirable that there’s such an emphasis on the series writers and the process of putting the scripts together, particular considering the production problems which dogged the first series in that regard. ..."
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
                                X