Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaking of the Torchwood mag, does anyone know when exactly it's being released in the states? i heard rumors it's sometime this month, but i haven't found any confirmation....
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilith View Post
      speaking of the Torchwood mag, does anyone know when exactly it's being released in the states? i heard rumors it's sometime this month, but i haven't found any confirmation....
      (((Lilith))) Issue 1 is to be published in the US on 19th February.

Torchwood Magazine Issue 2 is released in the UK on 21st February .
      "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

thanks zuz! i hope the comic book store near me will stock it... otherwise i can't think of who else would that's close by....
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zuz View Post
          Promo vids for episode 5 - ADAM

Trailer
          Preview clip

Both are YouTube links.
          *whispers* are these the ones from the Torchwood site I can't access?

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
            *whispers* are these the ones from the Torchwood site I can't access?
            Yup.
            Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Totally Torchwood on "THE RIFT" TW Convention:

Word is out about a Torchwood convention on Saturday, 26th of April. It is called "The Rift" and James Marsters (Captain John), Alan Dale (Torchwood Season 2 Guest Star), Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto Jones) and Richard Stokes (Producer) are already listed on the guest list. The convention will be located in Porchester Hall, in Bayswater, London. Tickets go on sale today (February 10) at 9:00am UK time on JamesMarstersLive.com.
              Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Meat UK ratings

"Unofficial overnight figures give Episode Four, Meat, an audience of 2.9 million viewers, which was a 11.2% share of the total television audience.

The programme was again the highest rated on BBC2 for the day, ahead of The Weakest Link which got 2.6 million viewers. ..."

"Episode four of Torchwood, Meat, scored an Appreciation Index figure of 85, once again putting it in the excellent category. It was the BBC's second highest figure for the day.

The edited repeat was watched by 1.0 million viewers, according to overnight figures, a 4.9% share of the total audience. Torchwood Declassified got 1.2 million viewers a 5.5% share These figures are slightly higher than the actual overnights as they include Scotland and Northern Ireland where Torchwood was not shown."
                And a piece of info for fans in the UK:
                "Fans are treated to a Torchwood double bill next Wednesday with Episode Five, Adam being shown on BBC2 at 9pm, and Episode 6, Reset making its debut on BBC3 at 9.50pm."

source: Outpost Gallifrey
                Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Re the schedule change info above:

"UPDATED: BBC confirms Torchwood schedule change

The BBC has just confirmed to SFX that episode six of Torchwood season two – Reset – will premiere on BBC3 after the showing of episode five on BBC2 next Wednesday. So it wasn’t an error in the listings.

UPDATE

And we've just found out, direct from the Beeb, that this is a one-week-only "scheduling experiment". You heard it here first."

source: SFX
                  Last edited by zuz; 10 February 2008, 07:11 AM.
                  Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

MediaBlvd Magazine has an interview with Burn Gorman. He talks about Owen in series 1&2 about Tosh and certain s2 guest star.

this bit made me lol -non-spoilery-
                    Spoiler:
                    "Kenn> Well, it seems like Owen was one of the few people that had a lot of snogging time; first with Gwen, then with the woman pilot from the past. You actually had a love interest twice. Is that going to continue?

Burn> I was actually as surprised as anyone else. Let’s be honest, with gorgeous looking men in terms of Jack and Ianto, I always felt that maybe they should get some of the action. I don’t see myself as that. I see myself much more as a character actor. So I wasn’t entirely comfortable with it, but I enjoyed it while it happened. I think that some of that was with Captain Jack being such a hero figure, they didn’t want to bog him down with the issue of snogging or sex or whatever. He implies it, and talks about it. But we do see more in season of two of other members of the team getting into relationships and such, but thankfully, Owen gets much less of that. I get to keep my top on!"

to read the rest of the interview click here

Financial Radio has an interview with Naoko Mori. Spoilers up to "To The Last Man".
                    You can listen to it here. (YouTube link)
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

hnn.... two episodes this week? are they trying to kill me? i'm barely sane on wednesdays waiting for just one episode!
                      sigpic

Comment

New videos on BBC America TW site (You'll find them in Special Features Section, click on "Watch the Videos" and pick which clip you wanna watch. You'll have to suffer through an annoying add before the clip uploades though. )

List of vids available:

Sleeper Inside Look Videos (Eve Myles and Burn Gorman discuss various aspects of the episode)
                        Spoiler:
                        S2 Episode 02: Inside Look 1
                        Eve Myles: "What is a Sleeper Agent?"

S2 Episode 02: Inside Look 2
                        Burn Gorman: "What is a Sleeper Agent?"

S2 Episode 02: Inside Look 3
                        Gwen needs to remind Jack that they're not just dealing with an alien but a human being.

S2 Episode 02: Inside Look 4
                        When the end of the world is at hand Owen knows how he wants to go!

To The Last Man Inside Look Videos (Eve Myles and Burn Gorman discuss various aspects of the episode)
                        Spoiler:
                        S2 Episode 03: Inside Look 1
                        Routine of TW - Burn describes how this episode focuses on the routine of Torchwood.

S2 Episode 03: Inside Look 2
                        Eve talks about how difficult it is to have/keep a relationship as a member of Torchwood.

S2 Episode 03: Inside Look 3
                        Love Across Time - Burn describes how relationships across the Rift are doomed.

S2 Episode 03: Inside Look 4
                        Torchwood 1918 - Eve on the idea of Torchwood 1918.

4 promo stills for To The Last Man were added to Gallery section of BBC America TW site.
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Episode 5 Adam PREVIEWS, REVIEWS and SPOILERS
                          Director: Andy Goddard, Written by Cath Tregenna

DigiGuide mini-review:
                          Spoiler:
                          "An alien in their midst?
                          The critics have been most impressed with this unorthodox episode of the sci-fi fantasy series. Unusually it's a little short on special effects, dashing about and knowing japes; instead the focus is on the characters themselves, which some critics have found to be a refreshing change.

A new character - Adam (Bryan Dick- is among the Torchwood team. Intriguingly they seem to regard him as a long-standing team member, but surely that's not the case? Could it be that he's an alien with the power to change people's memories? If so, it's up to the team to save themselves before it's too late.

With Captain Jack caught up in memories of his lost family, and Gwen struggling to remember Rhys, it takes Jack's love of Ianto to reveal the truth. But there's always a price to pay...

Highly recommended."

Radio Times mini-review
                          Spoiler:
                          "Episode 5/13 Adam

What's wrong with the Torchwood team? Jack has lost all his confidence, Ianto's become a murderous brute, Tosh is sexually voracious, Gwen doesn't even recognise her husband Rhys and the usually cocksure womaniser Owen has become a timid, cardigan-wearing geek. There's a new member of the team too - but everyone is treating him as if they've known him for years…
                          RT Choice (Mark Braxton, 13 February 2008)

Those expecting special effects ?* gogo, or the usual up-tempo japes, may feel short-changed; others who like their drama - even their sci-fi - to be character-centred, won't. The back story for Captain Jack is especially rewarding. And if the plot doesn't make complete sense, there's plenty to compensate. It's taken a while but now, at last, we really care. Hurrah! "

Digital Spy's usual "spoiler party":
                          "This absorbing episode, very Buffyesque in its storyline, continues the remarkable improvement of Torchwood in its second series. In honour of its quality, we present a mammoth three fake spoilers amongst the following snippets of information about 'Adam':"
                          Spoiler:
                          1. Ianto confesses to Jack that he has murdered three women in the past.
                          2. The central villain has a hairstyle seemingly taken, follicle by follicle, from one hit wonder Chesney Hawkes.
                          3. Captain Jack's younger brother is the most wanted criminal in the universe.
                          4. Rhys subjected Gwen to his garlic breath during their first ever kiss.
                          5. Jack is taken back to the Boeshane Peninsula.
                          6. Tosh snogs a member of the Torchwood team and drops a bombshell - her favourite sandwiches are smoked salmon. That's one very high maintenance lady.
                          7. Owen is called a 'small rodent' by Tosh.
                          8. Susie Costello is back for a very brief cameo - and is killed yet again!
                          9. Ianto catches Jack snogging Gwen on CCTV.
                          10. Gwen pulls a gun on Rhys and threatens to shoot him.
                          11. Ianto's ex girlfriend Lisa pops up.

Digital Spy has also several quotes from the episode:
                          Spoiler:
                          "Who Said That?
                          1. "You have picked the wrong girl to stalk, mate."
                          2. "I love him, but not in the way I love ***."
                          3. "It was the worst day of my life. It's the **** ***** I **** ** ********."
                          4. "I wouldn't let you out of my sight because I love you."
                          5. "Who the hell is this?"
                          6. "You're not my ****. Never will be."

io9 has major spoilers (You have been warned)
                          Spoiler:
                          "Torchwood spoilers: A memory-altering creep named Adam joins the team and makes everyone believe he's always been there. He also makes Tosh think she's a cleavage-flashing bimbo who's dating him. Also, Gwen forgets Rhys, and Owen believes he's a dork. (So, not much change there.) When Ianto realizes his paper diary doesn't mention Adam, the psycho gives Ianto false memories of being a serial killer. Jack finally figures it out and stops Adam, and everybody gets their real memories back. We glimpse a super-cheesy vision of Jack's childhood. Gwen remembers Rhys, but declares she doesn't love him as much as she loves Jack. (WTF?)"

Actors listed for the episode (source: BBC2) SUPER SPOILERY!
                          Spoiler:
                          apart from regulars
                          Adam ...... Bryan Dick
                          Jack's father ...... Demetri Goritsas
                          Jack's mother ...... Lauren Ward
                          Young Jack ...... Jack Montgomery
                          Gray ...... Ethan Brooke
                          Young Adam ...... Rhys Myers
                          Weevil ...... Paul Kasey
                          Murdered woman ...... Jo McLaren
                          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Rumours are flying that John Barrowman is 'In Talks' about appearing in a new production of Barnum in London in 2009. It's 'In Talks' at the moment because he's busy
                            Spoiler:
                            Filming the 3rd series of Torchwood and the last few episodes of Dr Who, with Billie Piper, so the Daily Mail says anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                              Rumours are flying that John Barrowman is 'In Talks' about appearing in a new production of Barnum in London in 2009. It's 'In Talks' at the moment because he's busy
                              Spoiler:
                              Filming the 3rd series of Torchwood and the last few episodes of Dr Who, with Billie Piper, so the Daily Mail says anyway
                              3rd?! What? News to me. Also didn't Doctor Who finish filming a while back?

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                                3rd?! What? News to me. Also didn't Doctor Who finish filming a while back?
                                I think the first half of it's finished, sometimes filming goes on while the first few episodes are showing on TV, I think the weather in the summer may have mucked up a lot of filming too

Comment

Working...
                                X