Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Torchwood News, Articles, Cast and Crew Interviews (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Reefgirl View Post
    I'm looking forward to episode 3
    Spoiler:
    Because I work in a haunted military hospital
    Heh. I go to school in a haunted ex-military hospital.

Digital Spy's Tube talk reveals a fresh bunch of series 2 spoilers.
    Spoiler:

"Torchwood stands proudly on its own two feet and screams "Doctor Who?" with a cracking run of episodes in the coming weeks. Here's what I can tell you:

Sleeper

A possible recurring storyline begins in this week's episode, 'Sleeper'. A woman named Beth slaughters two burglars, seemingly without recollection of the incident. Torchwood soon uncovers the truth - that she is a "sleeper agent", one of several aliens who have infiltrated Earth under the guise of humans, living their lives as normal until "activation" time. Only problem is, Beth has no idea she's not human. And guess what time it is?

You go girl!
    Tosh is finally getting a bit of action. She falls for a very old man indeed, but heartbreak is in store when they are cruelly ripped apart. Meanwhile her flame for Owen is still burning brightly, and we'll see more evidence of that in the coming weeks. Mine's tuna mayo, love.

Torchwood -90
    Who are Gerald and Harriet? We may discover a bit more about Torchwood's past in future episodes.

Doctor Jack
    Is Captain Jack becoming more like the Doctor? Episode four, about an ever-growing alien that is being harvested for its meat, brings out CJ's empathetic side. "We see enough death," he tells his team then, echoing many a Tennant scene, touches the wounded beast and enquires: "What have they done to you, my poor friend?"

They Keep Waking Tommy
    Episode three introduces us to Tommy, a soldier who was cryogenically frozen by Torchwood in 1918 and has to be defrosted every year for one day only. Hence every year is like a day for Tommy, who is still the same age 90 years on - and just as clueless over why this is happening to him. Clue: that pesky rift plays a big part.

Clueless no more
    Rhys finally learns the truth about who Gwen works for in episode four, then is plunged straight into the action as he goes undercover on an operation. When the time comes for him to be fed an amnesia pill, Gwen throws down an ultimatum to Captain Jack.

Who said that?
    "All quiet here, just that little spike from earlier"
    "Let's all have sex."
    "I could murder a cup of tea."
    "We know who you are, Jack Harkness."
    "I catch aliens."
    "This is quite homerotic."
    "They're already here.""
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

i'm looking forward to episode 5, any wonder why

Quote Originally Posted by Naonak View Post
    Heh. I go to school in a haunted ex-military hospital.
    Do you mind if I ask where? I work at the Royal Hospital, Haslar in Gosport

Quote Originally Posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Do you mind if I ask where? I work at the Royal Hospital, Haslar in Gosport
    Devonport Highschool for Boys, in Plymouth. It was Stoke Military Hospital from 1797 until the end of World War II.

Devonport Highschool for Boys, in Plymouth. It was Stoke Military Hospital from 1797 until the end of World War II.
    that must be really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Phoniex View Post
    that must be really cool!
    Well, in my old form room I was sat right next to a pillar that they used to chain mental patients to, which was, uh... Yeah...

My ex sister in law lives in Plymouth

Well, in my old form room I was sat right next to a pillar that they used to chain mental patients to, which was, uh... Yeah...
    Apparently, in the cellar at work you can still hear chains rattle and moans and screams from where the insane were kept and where they used to do amputations, before the days of anesthetic

Times Online review for ep 2 - Sleeper:
    Spoiler:
    "Torchwood fans are in for a treat tonight, with one of the strongest episodes to date. It begins with a burglary that has unforeseen consequences. The terrified householder slaughters both her intruders, but appears to remember nothing whatsoever about it. Nor does she begin to understand what Captain Jack is talking about when he yells at her: “Stop wasting our time! We know you’re an alien!” As it turns out, she isn’t all that she seems – but there is nothing she can do about it. As well as being funny, exciting and scary, the story touches on what it means to be human and the extent to which people are responsible for their actions."

Radio Times review for ep 3 - To The Last Man:
    Spoiler:
    "This sweet and sad man-out-of-time tale by Helen Raynor is a vast improvement on the gaudy opening brace of episodes.

A rift in time is causing 'ghosts' from 1918 - patients from a military hospital - to be seen in the present day. One of those patients, Tommy, was cryogenically frozen by 1918's version of Torchwood and the present-day crew subject him to his annual awakening. Tosh has already formed an attachment to the gentlemanly Tommy from his previous revivals but now falls for him big time.

It's slow but engaging, and delightfully acted by the two leads, Naoko and Anthony. When the characters come first, Torchwood really can hit the spot. "

possible spoilers for relationships development in episodes 2 & 3 - Sleeper and To The Last Man here (These are "unconfirmed" spoilers. So please bear that in mind.)
    Last edited by zuz; January 23rd, 2008 at 08:13 AM.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

SciFi wire has this up, not sure if it is new: A small interview with BG about Torchwood in the US.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=47574

And of course James Moran's (writer or Sleeper) blog is here:

http://jamesmoran.blogspot.com/2008/...e-tonight.html

I am also told that Channel 10 in Australia has been screening series one in HD ( I can neither confirm or deny this as I live in an area that cannot get HD and I don't have a HD tv anyway )

Still no word on series two HD or otherwise being screened... at all... never mind in a decent timeslot.

New JM interview, relatively spoilerless, nothing major.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tvguid...2_tvgif25.html

Episode 3: To The Last Man Trailer (YouTube link)
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Reviews for Sleeper (spoilers):

SyFyPortal: http://www.syfyportal.com/pagetogeth...id=4657&page=1
    Firefox News: http://firefox.org/news/articles/111...per/Page1.html
    The Stage:
    Spoiler:
    "Torchwood is a much more polished piece of work these days, and we can all be thankful for that. The dialogue fizzes that little bit more, the cast fire off each either with extra chemistry, and the storytelling has been tightened up nicely. What this always intriguing show doesn’t seem to be able to do is resist the temptation to turn the gore factor up in the last real. Take tonight’s episode, Sleeper. It’s a great idea, about a woman who has no memory of a murder she’s committed. It’s sensitively, quietly told and I was hooked – and then it lost me 25 minutes in by getting silly and feeling the need to throw blood around with gay abandon. I still have massively high hopes for this year’s Torchwood, and even with reservations, it’s still a massively improved show."
    Last edited by zuz; January 26th, 2008 at 01:53 PM.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Spoilers for To The Last Man from Torchwood Mag:
    Spoiler:
    "To the Last Man - "Tosh understands so much about the toys and technology that she's got in Torchwood, but she seems quite naive in terms of personal relationships. In a way she's almost childlike, so I wanted to write a story that would grow her up a little bit." Helen Raynor"

Digital Spy teases us about To The Last Man:
    Spoiler:
    "Serving up a more character-based drama than the previous two episodes in the season, 'To The Last Man' revolves around a young soldier who has to play a vital role in saving mankind. Here's a few teasery spoilers, with one fake one lurking somewhere to throw you off the scent.

1) The action partially takes place at St Teilo's Military Hospital in 1918.
    2) The Torchwood Institute once had people called Gerald and Harriet working for them.
    3) Gwen is menaced by a one-legged man in a hospital. Very David Lynch.
    4) Captain Jack has sealed orders from past Torchwood employees that can only be opened at a certain critical time.
    5) Owen discovers that he is to become a father after a fling with a lady who is out of this world. Literally.
    6) A blank piece of paper is deployed by Captain Jack to explain how a Time shift works.
    7) Two of the Torchwood team share an almighty - distinctly non-platonic - snog.
    8) Toshiko wears a dress for an important day at the office - and we get to see her flat!
    9) The final shot of the episode is unbelievably moving and brilliant."

To The Last Man Wallpapers available on TW official site. Non-UK folks click here.
    Promo picture from DigiGuide
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by zuz; January 26th, 2008 at 05:53 PM.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

IF Magazine Interview with Eve Myles (spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    excerpt about Freema joining the cast and Martha's involvement with TW:

"iF: How was having Miss Martha Jones [Freema Agyemen] from DOCTOR WHO joining the team this season?
    MYLES: Oh Freema and I get along famously! It was an absolute joy to get some more girlies on set because it’s so male oriented. It was nice to have another girl with us and to have someone that Gwen really admires as a smart, brave modern woman. Gwen can see that she has a lot in common with her, and she’s also had a past with Jack. So Gwen is very intrigued by that because the more she can learn about Jack the better and they get along very, very well. Plus, it’s lovely to see the character of Owen being challenged by a female that is slightly better at his job than he is. "

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Interview with Eve Myles (pretty much spoiler-free)

The Canadian Press on season 2 of Torchwood
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

*sigh* Got my hopes up too soon, it's absolutely no help if CBC isn't going to tell us when the show will actually air.

wow im really outta the loop. obviously the second season has just aired in england, but i was just flipping through the channels and when i was looking at the bbc america schedule, they had the torchwood season 2 permiere listed for tonight at 12:00. is this the first time its being aired in america?
    [email protected]|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Major

Quote Originally Posted by Xicer View Post
    wow im really outta the loop. obviously the second season has just aired in england, but i was just flipping through the channels and when i was looking at the bbc america schedule, they had the torchwood season 2 permiere listed for tonight at 12:00. is this the first time its being aired in america?

Yes, just finished watching 2.1 about an hour and a half ago. (Central Time in The States)