Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To the people who said Keller was too young.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the people who said Keller was too young.

Well now you have your answer.........She's young for a doctor because she skipped 3 grades!!!!!
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

She's one smart lassie ain't she!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
      Well now you have your answer.........She's young for a doctor because she skipped 3 grades!!!!!
      That doesn't make her a good doctor. She fully admitted no people skills, and the worst thing to ever happen to her was to miss some parties. Give me a break. The people around her have seen family and friends MURDERED and she is worried about parties???

Learning how to deal with "people" takes years of experience. She remains a whiny amateur.

Comment

Keller rocks! I love her for being human, with faults and not some super!doctor who over steps the mark and thinks they are god.

\o/ Keller!

Comment

I am really liking Keller, I tink she comes off as scared but is much stronger and capable than she would have people believe. Sh proved that near the end of Missing where she shot the spy, and when she didn't give out infomration to the Bola Kai.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            Not enough. She'd have to have skipped somewhere around 10. At least.

Comment

I already knew she was a child prodigy. This is not news. The problem has always been and still is....you need training and experience. I think most people would allow for being a young doctor because of the genius thing. But how do you get from that to having had enough history behind you to be CMO. Give me a freaking break!

Totally ridiculous character and she bores me when she's not annoying me.

As for not being a "super doc" .....yeah, she's just your average doc who managed to clep out of necessary training.

My least favorite character next to Lucius.

Comment

kellers hot leave her alone, ill send the wookie after you.

Comment

Originally posted by jdog View Post
                  kellers hot leave her alone, ill send the wookie after you.

Just being hot doesn't count.

She doesn't have any character and is poorly written. She needs to be written better or written out of the show.

She drags the show down. Don't get me wrong as I stated in another thread I loved Jewel on Firefly. But she ain't a doctor.

Comment

Keller is a poorly thought out excuse for a doctor. For those who do not know, you can be the smartest person in the planet and still be a lousy doctor. Becoming a good doctor is a combination of EXPERIENCE and INTELLIGENCE. They should send someone to ATLANTIS, one of the most important missions for earth with EXPERIENCE. Period.

They should have sent Gregory House. He'd probably replace McKay, Zelenka and Keller.

Comment

I like the character. She may not be as funny as Carson but who cares about that.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I would have to admit that I am wrong about Keller. The first episode she seemed very young, but as the season has gone along she seems to have found her place.

So now I would say she is a great character.

Comment

Originally posted by Calicto View Post
                          Keller is a poorly thought out excuse for a doctor. For those who do not know, you can be the smartest person in the planet and still be a lousy doctor. Becoming a good doctor is a combination of EXPERIENCE and INTELLIGENCE. They should send someone to ATLANTIS, one of the most important missions for earth with EXPERIENCE. Period.

They should have sent Gregory House. He'd probably replace McKay, Zelenka and Keller.
                          Bwashahah! Wow, Rodney would sure find an adversary with House, who wouldn't coddle the scientist, but instead outline every single flaw the scientist has. Ouch.

But yes, Keller seems to lack experience. An older doctor (only because you usually gain more experience as time goes on) who had COMBAT experience, etc. would be good. The thing is, what is her specialty? They haven't said that. One doctor can't do it all. You need surgeons, internists, etc. In other words, more than one key doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                            That doesn't make her a good doctor. She fully admitted no people skills, and the worst thing to ever happen to her was to miss some parties. Give me a break. The people around her have seen family and friends MURDERED and she is worried about parties???

Learning how to deal with "people" takes years of experience. She remains a whiny amateur.
                            She admitted being socially inept. Not a lack of people skills when it came to her job. There's a difference.
                            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by VastlySuperiorStuff View Post
                              Not enough. She'd have to have skipped somewhere around 10. At least.
                              It's possible for her to skip only 3 grades. If she skipped 3 grades, she would have graduated high school at 15. Then, she goes for a pre-med program, which is about 2 to 3 years and gives her a non-Honours Bachelor's degree (Queen's university offers something like that in Canada; it's also possible to get a full Honours Bachelor's degree in science in 3 years - the curriculum isn't that hard). Medical school is 4 years and the residency is 5 to 8 years. That would make her 26 to 30 years old, which isn't that much older than Jewel Staite (25). It's pushing it into the realm of "unlikely" but not impossible.

Comment

Working...
                              X