Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ronon and the ATA Gene (SPOILERS)

Rejoice! WOot! Wonder when this happened. Also I would think Atlantis would use something stronger then glass for windows hehe. Anyways a good episode. I was sad that Rodney and Kattie's relationship ended it seemed. But Ronnon and Keller relationship seems oddly right.

Second Lieutenant wheresmyfroggy's Avatar

Default Re: Ronnon has the ATA Gene now!

Ummmmmmm. No?

It was Arrested Development

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
    Ummmmmmm. No?
    Maybe I am mistaken but I thought the Ancients PalmPilot required the gene. Might be I guess I should check before I say anything next time.

Second Lieutenant wheresmyfroggy's Avatar

This came up earlier in the season, I think in Reunion when Zelenka was using some form of PDA thing. You need the gene to activate one of the devices, once it's activated anyone could use it.

I didn't know this until Reunion with that whole debacle.

It was Arrested Development

Chief Master Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by RepliVeggie View Post
    Rejoice! WOot! Wonder when this happened. Also I would think Atlantis would use something stronger then glass for windows hehe. Anyways a good episode. I was sad that Rodney and Kattie's relationship ended it seemed. But Ronnon and Keller relationship seems oddly right.
    Totally agree on the Ronon Kellar thing, actually my dad pointed out the same thing about the windows before I told him to stop talking ( I couldn't here the characters). You'd think they'd have some supper col space shield thing or somethin' instead. *shrugs*

Any way I don't think he has the ATA gene, I think other people are just activating thing before him.

It wasn't a life signs detector, it was a medical scanner control pad.

Chief Master Sergeant andromeda_dan's Avatar

McKay Re: Ronnon has the ATA Gene now!

well, this epi confirms my suspicion about the Ancients. They are bad home builders. They hired the greatest architect of all times, in any galaxy, but skimped on the building material. UNTEMPERED GLASS ON A HIGH RISE....FLW is turning on his grave.

Of course the glass is weak. I think it was in 'The Storm' when Rodney said that Atlantis is fragile because the Ancients relied mainly on it's shields to protect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
    Of course the glass is weak. I think it was in 'The Storm' when Rodney said that Atlantis is fragile because the Ancients relied mainly on it's shields to protect it.
    And it is "several million" years old.

Chief Master Sergeant

Also, wasn't the glass in the tower blown to bits already? They never explained how they rebuilt the tower.

Quote Originally Posted by freetoken View Post
    Also, wasn't the glass in the tower blown to bits already? They never explained how they rebuilt the tower.
    If your talking the return the Asurans did it, if your talking first strike it only grazed it enough to hurt weir and the power lines at the base... bases of buildings tend to be wider than the top, if theyre still using it then its probably structurally sound. And humans have been fixing buildings for tens of thousands of years ^.^

Staff Sergeant

Most Ancient technology doesn't require the gene to operate. The Life signs detector just needs someone with the gene to turn it on, after that it can be used by anyone. Much like how once Sheppard turned the systems for the ship in Travellers they were able to operate the ship like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by freetoken View Post
    Also, wasn't the glass in the tower blown to bits already?
    That was on the "front" of the tower. He entered through the side.

Besides, I'm sure they would have fixed it somehow so that there wouldn't constantly be wind blowing through the control room.

Roanoke, Va, East Coast, USA, NA, Earth, OS, MWG

Arrow2 Re: Ronon and the ATA Gene (SPOILERS)

OK first off, hasn't any one rememberd that the tower has been blown up, hit my an Asuran laser beam, and a number of other things, so perhaps Earth and the Atlantis team replaced certain windows with Earth glass therfore making it easier to break. Also it stands to point out that in the Seige part II, Shep tells Col. Everett that the Life-signs detector is no good unless you have the gen, it stands to relize that most other hand held devices would require the gene but it also stands to point out that perhaps the team has been able to cercumvent the use of the gene in certain systems. But i'm just saying.

Default Re: Ronon and the ATA Gene (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by SGAsgard View Post
    OK first off, hasn't any one rememberd that the tower has been blown up, hit my an Asuran laser beam, and a number of other things, so perhaps Earth and the Atlantis team replaced certain windows with Earth glass therfore making it easier to break. Also it stands to point out that in the Seige part II, Shep tells Col. Everett that the Life-signs detector is no good unless you have the gen, it stands to relize that most other hand held devices would require the gene but it also stands to point out that perhaps the team has been able to cercumvent the use of the gene in certain systems. But i'm just saying.
    Good point about the tower being rebuilt but also it is known that the city is as fragile as any other city because the Ancients relied on the shield for protection. As to the other part you are right about the life signs detector but that wasnt what he used. Keller doesnt have the gene either so the medical pad must not require the gene.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by andromeda_dan View Post
    well, this epi confirms my suspicion about the Ancients. They are bad home builders. They hired the greatest architect of all times, in any galaxy, but skimped on the building material. UNTEMPERED GLASS ON A HIGH RISE....FLW is turning on his grave.
    Speaking of building materials, in the close ups of the walls as Shep was climbing the tower, the wall looked a hell of a lot like concrete (or at least something similar) which means that the problem that some people had with the explosions in the Seer's prophecy are laid to rest

Quote Originally Posted by SGAsgard View Post
    OK first off, hasn't any one rememberd that the tower has been blown up
    It wasn't blown up. An outer wall was grazed by the beam as the shields were going up. If it were blown up, the Atlantis crew wouldn't have been hanging around in the control room in "Adrift" or "Lifeline". Ronon would be dead, so would anyone else in the tower when it was "blown up".

Major

That bothered me. I guess that they decided to make the life sings detectors only need be initialized instead of completley gene-reliant. But that is a stupid thing to change since what if a Wraith got a life sigs detector that was already initialized? That would be bad. I also noticed Zelenka using it who doesn't have the gene.

I don't think that Ronon or Teyla want the gene since they seem to see the Ancients as the "Ancestors", more of a sacret thing than the Atlantis team from Earth or the Genii do.

Vala,

It wasn't a lifesign detector. It was a control pad for something on the medical bed. Seriously, people. Stop with the lifesign detector because it wasn't a life detector.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    It wasn't a lifesign detector. It was a control pad for something on the medical bed.
    The Lantean medical scanner. We saw it in action in "The Seer". It was used on Davos. It moves from one end of the bed to the other.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast