Ronon and the ATA Gene (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ronon and the ATA Gene (SPOILERS)

Rejoice! WOot! Wonder when this happened. Also I would think Atlantis would use something stronger then glass for windows hehe. Anyways a good episode. I was sad that Rodney and Kattie's relationship ended it seemed. But Ronnon and Keller relationship seems oddly right.

Ummmmmmm. No?
    sigpic
    It was Arrested Development

Comment

Originally posted by wheresmyfroggy View Post
      Ummmmmmm. No?
      Maybe I am mistaken but I thought the Ancients PalmPilot required the gene. Might be I guess I should check before I say anything next time.

Comment

This came up earlier in the season, I think in Reunion when Zelenka was using some form of PDA thing. You need the gene to activate one of the devices, once it's activated anyone could use it.

I didn't know this until Reunion with that whole debacle.
        sigpic
        It was Arrested Development

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
          Rejoice! WOot! Wonder when this happened. Also I would think Atlantis would use something stronger then glass for windows hehe. Anyways a good episode. I was sad that Rodney and Kattie's relationship ended it seemed. But Ronnon and Keller relationship seems oddly right.
          Totally agree on the Ronon Kellar thing, actually my dad pointed out the same thing about the windows before I told him to stop talking ( I couldn't here the characters). You'd think they'd have some supper col space shield thing or somethin' instead. *shrugs*

Any way I don't think he has the ATA gene, I think other people are just activating thing before him.

Comment

It wasn't a life signs detector, it was a medical scanner control pad.

Comment

well, this epi confirms my suspicion about the Ancients. They are bad home builders. They hired the greatest architect of all times, in any galaxy, but skimped on the building material. UNTEMPERED GLASS ON A HIGH RISE....FLW is turning on his grave.

Comment

Of course the glass is weak. I think it was in 'The Storm' when Rodney said that Atlantis is fragile because the Ancients relied mainly on it's shields to protect it.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                  Of course the glass is weak. I think it was in 'The Storm' when Rodney said that Atlantis is fragile because the Ancients relied mainly on it's shields to protect it.
                  And it is "several million" years old.

Comment

Also, wasn't the glass in the tower blown to bits already? They never explained how they rebuilt the tower.

Comment

Originally posted by freetoken View Post
                      Also, wasn't the glass in the tower blown to bits already? They never explained how they rebuilt the tower.
                      If your talking the return the Asurans did it, if your talking first strike it only grazed it enough to hurt weir and the power lines at the base... bases of buildings tend to be wider than the top, if theyre still using it then its probably structurally sound. And humans have been fixing buildings for tens of thousands of years ^.^

Comment

Most Ancient technology doesn't require the gene to operate. The Life signs detector just needs someone with the gene to turn it on, after that it can be used by anyone. Much like how once Sheppard turned the systems for the ship in Travellers they were able to operate the ship like normal.

Comment

Originally posted by freetoken View Post
                          Also, wasn't the glass in the tower blown to bits already?
                          That was on the "front" of the tower. He entered through the side.

Besides, I'm sure they would have fixed it somehow so that there wouldn't constantly be wind blowing through the control room.

Comment

OK first off, hasn't any one rememberd that the tower has been blown up, hit my an Asuran laser beam, and a number of other things, so perhaps Earth and the Atlantis team replaced certain windows with Earth glass therfore making it easier to break. Also it stands to point out that in the Seige part II, Shep tells Col. Everett that the Life-signs detector is no good unless you have the gen, it stands to relize that most other hand held devices would require the gene but it also stands to point out that perhaps the team has been able to cercumvent the use of the gene in certain systems. But i'm just saying.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SGAsgard View Post
                              OK first off, hasn't any one rememberd that the tower has been blown up, hit my an Asuran laser beam, and a number of other things, so perhaps Earth and the Atlantis team replaced certain windows with Earth glass therfore making it easier to break. Also it stands to point out that in the Seige part II, Shep tells Col. Everett that the Life-signs detector is no good unless you have the gen, it stands to relize that most other hand held devices would require the gene but it also stands to point out that perhaps the team has been able to cercumvent the use of the gene in certain systems. But i'm just saying.
                              Good point about the tower being rebuilt but also it is known that the city is as fragile as any other city because the Ancients relied on the shield for protection. As to the other part you are right about the life signs detector but that wasnt what he used. Keller doesnt have the gene either so the medical pad must not require the gene.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X