Ronon and the ATA Gene (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andromeda_dan View Post
    well, this epi confirms my suspicion about the Ancients. They are bad home builders. They hired the greatest architect of all times, in any galaxy, but skimped on the building material. UNTEMPERED GLASS ON A HIGH RISE....FLW is turning on his grave.
    Speaking of building materials, in the close ups of the walls as Shep was climbing the tower, the wall looked a hell of a lot like concrete (or at least something similar) which means that the problem that some people had with the explosions in the Seer's prophecy are laid to rest

Comment

Originally posted by SGAsgard View Post
      OK first off, hasn't any one rememberd that the tower has been blown up
      It wasn't blown up. An outer wall was grazed by the beam as the shields were going up. If it were blown up, the Atlantis crew wouldn't have been hanging around in the control room in "Adrift" or "Lifeline". Ronon would be dead, so would anyone else in the tower when it was "blown up".

Comment

That bothered me. I guess that they decided to make the life sings detectors only need be initialized instead of completley gene-reliant. But that is a stupid thing to change since what if a Wraith got a life sigs detector that was already initialized? That would be bad. I also noticed Zelenka using it who doesn't have the gene.

I don't think that Ronon or Teyla want the gene since they seem to see the Ancients as the "Ancestors", more of a sacret thing than the Atlantis team from Earth or the Genii do.

Vala,

Comment

It wasn't a lifesign detector. It was a control pad for something on the medical bed. Seriously, people. Stop with the lifesign detector because it wasn't a life detector.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger View Post
            It wasn't a lifesign detector. It was a control pad for something on the medical bed.
            The Lantean medical scanner. We saw it in action in "The Seer". It was used on Davos. It moves from one end of the bed to the other.

Comment

And we've seen the expedition interface our own computers with with tech on the city, which means they don't need the gene to operate it.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                Rejoice! WOot! Wonder when this happened. Also I would think Atlantis would use something stronger then glass for windows hehe. Anyways a good episode. I was sad that Rodney and Kattie's relationship ended it seemed. But Ronnon and Keller relationship seems oddly right.

I thought the same thing about about the windows. The blast doors are impenetrable to almost anything.... but the window shatters from a hit from an office stool?? Not quite buying it. But I thought the visual of Sheppard climbing the tower was awesome. I love those pull-out shots. And--show of hands--who thought Teyla was going to commit the ultimate stupidity and start climbing herself?? I would have turned the show off completely if she'd done that.

As for Ronon and the gene... I don't know. I agree there's more to his physiology than we currently know about. Maybe Keller will learn a thing or two soon, either in the lab or out. he he!!

Comment

OK yes the tower wasn't blown up in "First Strike", but it was in, "The Return", then rebuilt by the Replicators, so it was "blown up." but one must not nit pick
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                    Maybe I am mistaken but I thought the Ancients PalmPilot required the gene. Might be I guess I should check before I say anything next time.
                    As several folks have mentioned.. what Ronon used was the control pad (effectively the remote control) for the Ancient scanner. There's been no suggestion that the gene is needed to operate that piece of equipment (we've seen Keller using it and I don't think she has the gene, does she?). Some Ancient equipment needs the gene to use it at all (usually dangerous systems/technology such as the weapons/the jumpers etc) but much of it just needs to be initialised and then anyone can use it.

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                    It wasn't blown up. An outer wall was grazed by the beam as the shields were going up. If it were blown up, the Atlantis crew wouldn't have been hanging around in the control room in "Adrift" or "Lifeline". Ronon would be dead, so would anyone else in the tower when it was "blown up".
                    Yes it has been blown up - in The Return II. The post you were replying to, below, listed several things that had happened to the control tower: blown up (Return II), bit by an Asuran laser beam (First Strike) etc.

Originally posted by SGAsgard View Post
                    OK first off, hasn't any one rememberd that the tower has been blown up, hit my an Asuran laser beam, and a number of other things,
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X