Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illogical Final Battle in "Ark of Truth"? (spoilers for AoT, obviously)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illogical Final Battle in "Ark of Truth"? (spoilers for AoT, obviously)

So, aside from being hilaaaarious because of the rampant lack of finished CGI, wasn't the Final Battle between Adria and Morgan le Fay kinda illogical and plot-holy?

OK, so the CGI isn't done yet but it kinda looks like the two women actually killed each other. We know this can't happen as established by the eternal struggle between Anubis and Oma. Or is that a "special" case because... um... Anubis is only half-Ascended, so he cannot be killed as opposed to a fully Ascended?!

No, precedent states that two Ascended beings fighting will be locked in an eternal battle.

Let's move onto the next plothole (the size of Alaska):
    What's up with Morgan le Fay being able to even match Adria in power?!

OK, so the Ark of Truth just stole away most of her powers by turning the Priors in the Ori galaxy, the Doci and possibly the people within hearing range of the Priors against her. Um... OK. So she lost a little bit of power.

But that still leaves the many worlds not currently with a Prior to shout "Stop worshipping them now!", not to mention the many planets converted in the Milky Way! Adria should still have plenty of power or at least enough to overpower Morgan, but Morgan went all "I am [a match for you] now!" and dived straight in... and matched her in power!

So... um... what? Does Morgan have some kind of secret cult of worshippers encompassing a few million because, really, that's how many worshippers Adria should still have left.

What's up with Morgan le Fay being able to even match Adria in power?!

OK, so the Ark of Truth just stole away most of her powers by turning the Priors in the Ori galaxy, the Doci and possibly the people within hearing range of the Priors against her. Um... OK. So she lost a little bit of power.

But that still leaves the many worlds not currently with a Prior to shout "Stop worshipping them now!"
    I've read somewhere else on this forum that the Priors work as a router to send all that juice to the Ori.

With the Priors on hold, surely an ancient Ancient who's known to have overpowered even the great Merlin is more than a challenge to a 3 year old brat with an attitude problem.
    sigpic
    Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

Originally posted by xSFx View Post
      I've read somewhere else on this forum that the Priors work as a router to send all that juice to the Ori.
      It matters not as the Priors in the Milky Way were still under her spell. I guess one could argue it takes time and a dialed in Supergate to direct all that energy to Adria.

With the Priors on hold, surely an ancient Ancient who's known to have overpowered even the great Merlin is more than a challenge to a 3 year old brat with an attitude problem.
      Who ever said she overpowered Merlin? I thought she did it for his protection and that he was pretty on par with it. It doesn't matter how old she is. These are cosmic powers, you can't just randomly train yourself to the equivalent of Ascended Being + 1 million or so worshippers.

Comment

Who ever said she overpowered Merlin? I thought she did it for his protection and that he was pretty on par with it. It doesn't matter how old she is. These are cosmic powers, you can't just randomly train yourself to the equivalent of Ascended Being + 1 million or so worshippers.
        We can also argue that the converted priors neutralise the power of the unconverted ones still in the Milky Way.

Even if that's not the case, the believers in the Milky Way are still noobs when compared to those in the Ori galaxy who have been worshiping all their lives.
        sigpic

Comment

We can also argue that the converted priors neutralise the power of the unconverted ones still in the Milky Way.
          How? I doubt the Doci has powers like that and even if he did, Adria could easily strip him of them should he move against her.

Even if that's not the case, the believers in the Milky Way are still noobs when compared to those in the Ori galaxy who have been worshiping all their lives.
          Doesn't matter. It should still give Adria power. How many planets have fallen to the Ori now? And how many worshippers is the Milky Way totaling by now? Hundreds of thousands, at the least.

Anubis vs. Oma. Ancient Ascended Being vs. Half-Ascended Being. Outcome? Eternal stalemate.

One Single Ori being worshipped by hundreds of thousands vs. One Single Ancient with as far as we know zero worshippers = Dead Morgan le Fay.

And you're still forgetting about the part where Anubis told Oma "You can't kill me" to which Oma replied "No, but I can fight you and all you can do is fight back". Of course, it could be argued the Others put in state some kind of mechanism against killing Anubis (for whatever reason) but that would just be stupid.

Comment

Of course, it could be argued the Others put in state some kind of mechanism against killing Anubis (for whatever reason) but that would just be stupid.
            Remember when Daniel tried to zap anubis with his ascended powers?

I don't think he was aiming for the timeless struggle, that's why he was stopped.

Even if that's not the case, if semi-ascended Anubis is a match for fully ascended Desala, than unworshipped Morgan should be a match for worshipped Adria.

One Single Ori being worshipped by hundreds of thousands vs. One Single Ancient with as far as we know zero worshippers = Dead Morgan le Fay.
            How much power do you think those fresh worshippers give, anyway?
            How many are "true believers" that live and breathe Origin and how many are just converts by label?

Also, you're severely underestimating Morgan LeFey who might also benefit from the power routed through the newly-enlightened Priors (I'm quite sure the Priors had a change of mind concerning the ascended Ancients).
            sigpic

Comment

To be it looked similar to what happened to Oma and Anubis, I think they're going to make it look a bit more dramatic though so it's open to interpretation.

Comment

Well, Anubis wasn't as powerful as Oma, but she still couldn't kill him. Maybe there wasn't enough of a power difference between them.

Since Adria has yet to convert the entire Milky Way, and many of the followers they converted were forced (and don't really believe), so between her and Morgan there isn't a sufficient power difference.
                You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

It seems people haven't watched it properly........ .......Listen carefully.....................

Don't want to give away anything since this is not just some episode, its actually a DVD movie..........so I'll keep my lips sealed........

But if admins/mods permit.........I might spit out some.........(under the spoiler tag off-course )

Comment

Go ahead!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperwarp View Post
                      It seems people haven't watched it properly........ .......Listen carefully.....................

Don't want to give away anything since this is not just some episode, its actually a DVD movie..........so I'll keep my lips sealed........

But if admins/mods permit.........I might spit out some.........(under the spoiler tag off-course )
                      Spoilers are allowed, you don't even need tags in this thread.

Comment

PS - I love Stargate and the following opinion expresses my constructive criticism of something I had high expectations for.

Imagine that you're in a running race and you need to win to get money to pay-off the mafia for $10,000 or you and your family will be killed. There is no other way you can do it because you have one day to pay out and no one trusts a former druggie. So, you're practicing running and you break your leg. And then you mom religiously believes that you should not be running in the race or you'll go to hell. She says that if you run, she will never talk to you ever again and probably starve herself to death (because she's that fanatical). But you gotta run. When you get to the race, you realize that all your opponents are cheetahs. But when you run, you start beating these 70 mph animals, until you get shot up a million times. But as you fall, you land on a box that mysteriously has $10,000 in it, heals you completely, makes your mom see the light, turns all the mafia guys into a b-boying dance team and brings peace to the universe.

See the box in the story? That's the ending of AOT. You have a kickass scenario which is hard to solve, but instead of thinking of a creative way to solve it, you use the box.

Comment

This is just an extrapolation based on what we see on screen but the subspace link doesn't work over such large distances, evidence being that they had to use the arc a second time in the MW to disable the priors there. This being the case and the fact that the power from the worshipers in the ori galaxy was no longer reaching her would mean that she is just a normal ascended being. Morgan in that case would be able to battle her. Another thing to note is that there must be a way for ascending beings to destroy each other, do you really think that the ori would want to enter into eternal battle with the ancients. instead they would want to rule over their believers, meaning a way to defeat them exists.

Comment

Remember when Daniel tried to zap anubis with his ascended powers?

I don't think he was aiming for the timeless struggle, that's why he was stopped.
                            Yes, true, I have wondered about that too. I believe that Daniel was attempting to strike down Anubis' corporeal self (the energy contained within his personal shield) rather than his ascended side. It always seemed to me that Anubis had two sides and that while they both were under the control of Anubis' consciouness, each could act on each's respective plane of existance.

I think that Daniel was trying to destroy Anubis' corporeal side leaving only the ascended portion which could not act on the corporeal level without drawing the wrath of the Others.

As for the original post in this thread...I think AOT has major major issues. A big part of me wants to believe that this was no accidental/malicious release. I want to believe this is somehow a "fake" done by TPTB to throw off downloaders. Such a theory is semi-supported by the fact that post-production of these movies is taking significantly longer than originally thought.

However, I know that there is no way financially possible that the studio could afford to make a whole "fake" film just to protect the real film.

That leaves me forced to assume that the leaked version is "real". That for me is a problem. I am happy to see SG-1 carry-on, but not at the cost of foolish writing.

At this point I am hanging my hat on Continium...

Comment

My criticism.......

Spoiler:

Its not the Adria Vs. Morgan arc! Even my brain can decipher that if I pay close attention. Anyone should be able to! Just listen carefully! And the Ori arc had some lovely scenes, music and some of the acting was great! My problem was with the IOA arc! IOA arc moved the movie in to direction I am very familiar with (If you know what I am saying ). That was disappointing! I would have preferred a much more unfamiliar route. Something new! Really new!

Off-course for a low budget movie, I think I am fairly satisfied. But for the writer(s) who came up with SG-1 episodes like "The Torment of Tantalus", "The Fifth Race", "Heroes (2)", "Lost City (2)" as well as Ori specific episodes like "Avalon (2)", "Origin", "Crusade", "Unending" and many more, AoT is not miraculous. I am a die-hard SG-1 fan. Certainly going to buy the DVD. I mean certainly "AoT" not crap or anything like that, but just not up to the level of some SG-1 greats. (Off-course considering some of the absolute trash high-budget hollywood stuff. I mean *cough* Alien Vs Predator 2 Requiem *Cough* .......... AoT is a gem! )
                              Last edited by Hyperwarp; 19 January 2008, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X