Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 862
  1. #61
    Captain Red Phoniex's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    hiding under Ianto's desk
    Posts
    1,342

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    Yay! Meat-

    Spoiler:

    Wasn't as gwen/jack as first thought, still too much for my liking but we got some great looks between Ianto and Jack. The grin Ianto does when Tosh is saying they're all sad and single, totally 'don't look at me, i'm getting some '

    Didn't like that Jack didn't ask Ianto if he was alright after nearly getting shot and beat up. If i was Ianto i would be p*ssed

    Love the America bbc captains blog. Love this line from episode 3.

    Other Staff issues: I’m in trouble with Ianto for duct-taping a CB aerial to the SUV. Apparently the tape made the wing mirror “disconcertingly sticky”. Still, nothing a bit of warm, soapy water can’t fix.

    Such double meaning



  2. #62
    Lieutenant Colonel Sun'shyne's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,088

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rosey_angel View Post
    how much am i loving this show? very much, that's how much. TTLM:
    Spoiler:
    i think it's so great that in the same hour we have the beautiful relationship between tosh and tommy that made me wanna cry it was so touching, and we have the wonderful scene with jack and ianto, talking about lonliness and jacks place in the world.

    i felt so happy when, after jack asked "would you miss me?" ianto replies so thoroughly, without hesitation or joke, just "yep" it's so squee


    lovely sig Sun'shyne
    Thanks! And I totally agree with you on TTLM!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Phoniex View Post
    Yay! Meat-

    Spoiler:

    Wasn't as gwen/jack as first thought, still too much for my liking but we got some great looks between Ianto and Jack. The grin Ianto does when Tosh is saying they're all sad and single, totally 'don't look at me, i'm getting some '

    Didn't like that Jack didn't ask Ianto if he was alright after nearly getting shot and beat up. If i was Ianto i would be p*ssed

    Love the America bbc captains blog. Love this line from episode 3.

    Other Staff issues: I’m in trouble with Ianto for duct-taping a CB aerial to the SUV. Apparently the tape made the wing mirror “disconcertingly sticky”. Still, nothing a bit of warm, soapy water can’t fix.

    Such double meaning


    More Meat Discussion:
    Spoiler:
    Okay... after last nights epi, I was slighty angered with all the Jack/Gwen stuff. Though after thinking heavily on it while in the shower this morning (yes, I quite often think TW while in the shower.. LMAO), I have a few theories. One is a bit of a stretch, the other, not so much... (I realize this would be better off in the TW Discussion thread, but it has to do heavily with our favourite ship!)

    1. I think the reason Jack is so pushy and clingy with Gwen is because she is able to show him a different side of himself. She, untill last night, was still able to seperate Torchwood and a life outside it, which is something none of the rest of them and Jack least of all is able to do. He saw her having the type of life that he can never have (and obviously wishes he could with Ianto). He'll never get to grow old and die with his love. Instead he'll have to watch as Ianto grows old and dies and he'll loose yet another great love in his life. So I feel that he is so passionate with Gwen, not because he loves/wants her in the way he loves/wants his canon relationship, but because he wants what she has in life.

    (the more far out there one)
    2. Okay, this one is a bit of a stretch, but something hit me when Jack was in the van with Rhys. He kept passionately saying that Gwen had to be the one. Upon first glance, to us and Rhys, we could only assume that he had wanted her there for...personal reasons? But, I was thinking this morning that the reasons quite possibly aren't as personal as we'd probably thought. All along, Jack mantra has been "The 21st century is when it all changes". We know that he's from the future. Could it be possible that he knows Gwen has something to do with the big changes that occur? Maybe her name is down in history as doing something great and he's been waiting to meet up with her... I donno, I realize that's a stretch...


    And while it may be a stretch, it still keeps our favourite ship firmly at sail!!

    I can't wait till the screencaps start popping up from last night....


  3. #63
    Captain phibi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kiel - Germany
    Posts
    1,232

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    oh, this is my new home... I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Jack/Ianto! They are just so cute and I get all warm and fuzzy when I think about them

    therefor "Meat" wasn't my favorite episode so far...

    Spoiler:
    sure we got "the looks" and Ianto's oh so obvious smile at Tosh's remark, but there was way too much Jack/Gwen going on...

    I just hope tPTB won't continue that... for the first time there is a canon slash/ship (whatever you wanna call it *lol*) pairing in a SciFi show and I want it to continue!


    Quote Originally Posted by Red Phoniex
    Spoiler:
    Wasn't as gwen/jack as first thought, still too much for my liking but we got some great looks between Ianto and Jack. The grin Ianto does when Tosh is saying they're all sad and single, totally 'don't look at me, i'm getting some '

    Didn't like that Jack didn't ask Ianto if he was alright after nearly getting shot and beat up. If i was Ianto i would be p*ssed

    Love the America bbc captains blog. Love this line from episode 3.

    Other Staff issues: I’m in trouble with Ianto for duct-taping a CB aerial to the SUV. Apparently the tape made the wing mirror “disconcertingly sticky”. Still, nothing a bit of warm, soapy water can’t fix.

    Such double meaning
    oh, I sooo agree to all of this

    Sun'shyne I like your theories *lol*
    http://www.baby-turtles.de/Bilder/kr.../thunkboys.jpg
    Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
    Visit me at my LJ

  4. #64
    Lieutenant Colonel Sun'shyne's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,088

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by phibi View Post
    oh, this is my new home... I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Jack/Ianto! They are just so cute and I get all warm and fuzzy when I think about them

    therefor "Meat" wasn't my favorite episode so far...

    Spoiler:
    sure we got "the looks" and Ianto's oh so obvious smile at Tosh's remark, but there was way too much Jack/Gwen going on...

    I just hope tPTB won't continue that... for the first time there is a canon slash/ship (whatever you wanna call it *lol*) pairing in a SciFi show and I want it to continue!




    oh, I sooo agree to all of this

    Sun'shyne I like your theories *lol*
    Thanks! I think I can honestly say I'm not worried about our ship... though, having said that... I don't touch spoilers for future epis... so I may be missing something huge and just sounding like an idiot LOL

  5. #65
    Captain phibi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kiel - Germany
    Posts
    1,232

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun'shyne View Post
    Thanks! I think I can honestly say I'm not worried about our ship... though, having said that... I don't touch spoilers for future epis... so I may be missing something huge and just sounding like an idiot LOL
    well, I watched an interview with Gareth on youtube today and he didn't give any spoilers but he sounded really reassuring for our two boys and I've read another tiny bit so I'm almost confident now, that the PTB won't destroy our ship

    and I won't go searching for more now, cause I stay clear of spoilers as well
    http://www.baby-turtles.de/Bilder/kr.../thunkboys.jpg
    Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
    Visit me at my LJ

  6. #66
    Captain Red Phoniex's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    hiding under Ianto's desk
    Posts
    1,342

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by phibi View Post
    well, I watched an interview with Gareth on youtube today and he didn't give any spoilers but he sounded really reassuring for our two boys and I've read another tiny bit so I'm almost confident now, that the PTB won't destroy our ship

    and I won't go searching for more now, cause I stay clear of spoilers as well
    do you have the link at all? love watching gareth

  7. #67
    Captain phibi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kiel - Germany
    Posts
    1,232

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Phoniex View Post
    do you have the link at all? love watching gareth
    here you go

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aduQeI-rjFw

    he is just stuttering cutely along *lol* I guess he is not really comfortable with being interviewed
    http://www.baby-turtles.de/Bilder/kr.../thunkboys.jpg
    Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
    Visit me at my LJ

  8. #68
    Major General Willow'sCat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,202

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    I think the Gwen & Jack stuff from Jack POV is about family, friendship and is not sexual.

    I was a little surprised to release that Ianto/Jack still haven't told the others about them. Although it is kinda sweet that they are keeping it to themselves. I hope next week
    Spoiler:
    is the week it all gets revealed.
    I am actually glad myself that Jack and Ianto don't need to be in each others faces with the "how are you" stuff, they are guys after all... lets not get girly about that, guys don't always need to say that stuff... that is what beds (desks) are for! lol

  9. #69

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    I was a little surprised to release that Ianto/Jack still haven't told the others about them. Although it is kinda sweet that they are keeping it to themselves.
    Gwen might know. Tosh and Owen seem clueless, though.

    Spoiler:
    Gwen said in Meat that none of them have partners outside of here (meaning TW). With her comments about Jack's bedroom manners in Sleeper, maybe, just maybe Ianto & her chat. I doubt the second point myself, though. Anyhow, I think she knows. Tosh's talk about sad singles make it obvious that she doesn't know, and I don't thing Owen does either. Love the looks from Ianto during that conversation!

  10. #70
    Lieutenant General Lilith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    i'm not coming back, find me on tumblr
    Posts
    16,097

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    finally something i can comment on yay for delurking!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun'shyne View Post
    More Meat Discussion:
    Spoiler:
    Okay... after last nights epi, I was slighty angered with all the Jack/Gwen stuff. Though after thinking heavily on it while in the shower this morning (yes, I quite often think TW while in the shower.. LMAO), I have a few theories. One is a bit of a stretch, the other, not so much... (I realize this would be better off in the TW Discussion thread, but it has to do heavily with our favourite ship!)

    1. I think the reason Jack is so pushy and clingy with Gwen is because she is able to show him a different side of himself. She, untill last night, was still able to seperate Torchwood and a life outside it, which is something none of the rest of them and Jack least of all is able to do. He saw her having the type of life that he can never have (and obviously wishes he could with Ianto). He'll never get to grow old and die with his love. Instead he'll have to watch as Ianto grows old and dies and he'll loose yet another great love in his life. So I feel that he is so passionate with Gwen, not because he loves/wants her in the way he loves/wants his canon relationship, but because he wants what she has in life.

    (the more far out there one)
    2. Okay, this one is a bit of a stretch, but something hit me when Jack was in the van with Rhys. He kept passionately saying that Gwen had to be the one. Upon first glance, to us and Rhys, we could only assume that he had wanted her there for...personal reasons? But, I was thinking this morning that the reasons quite possibly aren't as personal as we'd probably thought. All along, Jack mantra has been "The 21st century is when it all changes". We know that he's from the future. Could it be possible that he knows Gwen has something to do with the big changes that occur? Maybe her name is down in history as doing something great and he's been waiting to meet up with her... I donno, I realize that's a stretch...


    And while it may be a stretch, it still keeps our favourite ship firmly at sail!!

    I can't wait till the screencaps start popping up from last night....

    theory two, not so much of a stretch... i've already read numerous fanfiction where Jack, as a student of the past, knows the names of the people on the front line when "everything changes" one even suggested that he brought the current team together b/c that's what history books in the 51st century say.... haven't watched Meat yet... it's actually buffering right now

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Phoniex View Post
    Yay! Meat-

    Spoiler:

    Wasn't as gwen/jack as first thought, still too much for my liking but we got some great looks between Ianto and Jack. The grin Ianto does when Tosh is saying they're all sad and single, totally 'don't look at me, i'm getting some '

    Didn't like that Jack didn't ask Ianto if he was alright after nearly getting shot and beat up. If i was Ianto i would be p*ssed

    Love the America bbc captains blog. Love this line from episode 3.

    Other Staff issues: I’m in trouble with Ianto for duct-taping a CB aerial to the SUV. Apparently the tape made the wing mirror “disconcertingly sticky”. Still, nothing a bit of warm, soapy water can’t fix.

    Such double meaning


    Spoiler:
    i think the reason why Jack didn't rush to Ianto's side is b/c he remembers what happened after Countrycide, after all it's a similar situation.... He knows how strong Ianto is and just when exactly he's gonna need the comfort the most, like behind closed doors and away from prying eyes.... just b/c we don't see anything on screen doesn't mean Jack doesn't do anything, rushing to his side immediately really just undermines Ianto's own strength, and Ianot is the type of man who likes to keep his stoic front... we rarely get see him overly emotional and the fact that Jack practically ignores him just shows how much he respects Ianto imho
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.


  11. #71
    Captain Red Phoniex's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Location
    hiding under Ianto's desk
    Posts
    1,342

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    I think the Gwen & Jack stuff from Jack POV is about family, friendship and is not sexual.

    I was a little surprised to release that Ianto/Jack still haven't told the others about them. Although it is kinda sweet that they are keeping it to themselves. I hope next week
    Spoiler:
    is the week it all gets revealed.
    I am actually glad myself that Jack and Ianto don't need to be in each others faces with the "how are you" stuff, they are guys after all... lets not get girly about that, guys don't always need to say that stuff... that is what beds (desks) are for! lol

    with Gwen and sleepers

    Spoiler:


    I was wondering when she was saying about Jacks bed habits that she had personal experience of them but it makes complete sense that she would speak that way if Ianto had told her. As well as the end of 'Meat', it looks that way.


    i didn't want them to go rushing into eachothers arms or anything but a quick 'Ianto, you ok?' across the room wouldn't have gone unmissed.

  12. #72
    Captain phibi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kiel - Germany
    Posts
    1,232

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Phoniex View Post
    i didn't want them to go rushing into eachothers arms or anything but a quick 'Ianto, you ok?' across the room wouldn't have gone unmissed.
    I second that but I can see you point as well Lilith
    http://www.baby-turtles.de/Bilder/kr.../thunkboys.jpg
    Convention-Pics: baby-turtles. de
    Visit me at my LJ

  13. #73
    Major General Willow'sCat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,202

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
    finally something i can comment on yay for delurking!
    Yay!

    i think the reason
    Spoiler:
    why Jack didn't rush to Ianto's side is b/c he remembers what happened after Countrycide, after all it's a similar situation.... He knows how strong Ianto is and just when exactly he's gonna need the comfort the most, like behind closed doors and away from prying eyes.... just b/c we don't see anything on screen doesn't mean Jack doesn't do anything, rushing to his side immediately really just undermines Ianto's own strength, and Ianot is the type of man who likes to keep his stoic front... we rarely get see him overly emotional and the fact that Jack practically ignores him just shows how much he respects Ianto imho
    OK what Lilith said. That is what I mean about not being girls.
    Spoiler:
    I just think they have this dynamic that means a lot of what 'we' as slashers might like to see or hear will happen off screen, sure Jack could have yelled over to Ianto but really it wasn't necessary for the flow of the story. We know he cares deeply for Ianto.
    I think in shows like this where time is important, they will leave in what is good for the story and omit or remove what will "only" be important for the characters. It stinks but that is what happens, story flow comes first the rest is just gravy if you can get it.

  14. #74
    Lieutenant General Lilith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    i'm not coming back, find me on tumblr
    Posts
    16,097

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    after actually watching the ep, i'd like to add that yeah Ianto's situation was not exactly the best,
    Spoiler:
    but he didn't have any life threatening or potentially dangerous injuries, as opposed to Rhys' gun shot wound or the dieing alien manatee... quite simply, Ianto could wait.... tho it looked like Jack was forsaking Ianto for the manatee, i bet his mind was working a million miles per second... he had to think about what to do with Rhys, what to do with the bohemoth body, Ianto being in serious danger again, feeling guilty for not being able to save the manatee, feeling guilty for putting Rhys in danger, feeling guilty about not making Gwen stand down, and those are only the most obvious.... before he could focus on Ianto, he needed a moment to compose himself, so he did the one thing he could... he concentrated on the task at hand, letting go the victim and accepting that he failed his own personal mission, and then getting everyone out and back to the hub... when gwen came rushing back in to tell Jack she wasn't gonna retcon Rhys, Jack and Ianto were sitting in his office, and by the looks of it, Ianto was drinking brandy, or maybe whiskey... but the main point is that they were sitting together in Jack's office talking, and i bet that was Jack's attempt at comfort for both of them and closure for himself until they could get a moment to themselves....
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.


  15. #75
    Major General Willow'sCat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,202

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    You know it occured to me
    Spoiler:
    that since thier relationship is a secret that they may have already talked about how they would act if something was to happen to one of them.

    Maybe this is what they decided; that if it isn't life threatening, or the threat is over, that they carry on as if nothing is between them until they have some time alone. Then they can ask the things they need, touch each other to make sure they are still *alive* (well not in Jack's case obviously ) and basically reaffirm their luv.

    I mean look at Gwen with Rhys, he hadn't even step foot in the lorry and she was a nervous wreak, that just wouldn't work between Jack and Ianto week in and out.

  16. #76
    Lieutenant General Lilith's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    i'm not coming back, find me on tumblr
    Posts
    16,097

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    agreed!! the love is in the subtext! with the occasional porn to satify the masses
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.


  17. #77
    Colonel zuz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    7,483

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
    agreed!! the love is in the subtext! with the occasional porn to satify the masses
    Amen to that!
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

  18. #78
    Colonel zuz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    7,483

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zuz
    SQUEEWORTHY MATERIAL from John Barrowman's Autobiography Anything Goes

    MAJOR S2 SPOILER!
    Spoiler:
    "In one of the early episodes of the second series, Ianto has a meltdown in the Hub one night, for reasons far too complicated to go into here, but if you've seen it, you'll know. I have to admit it's one of my favourite episodes to date. Anyway, while Jack comforts Ianto, he shifts from innocent consolation to a full-on, passionate embrace and kiss.
    Gareth and I assumed 'the position' and went for it. The episode's director never called 'cut'. By the time Gareth and I were hitting the two-minute mark, my lips were getting numb and Gareth was getting twitchy.
    'You ******!" we both yelled in unison, when we finally realized what was going on and pulled apart."


    thanks to tigercheetah who posted this quote from the book on her LJ


    One word only: OUTTAKES *fingers crossed*
    I have some bad news spoilers for ep 5 ADAM
    Spoiler:
    The kiss has been cut from the episode (although there is still a chance however small that the kiss JB was talking about is from a different episode)

    What we get in Adam is a comforting hug and later
    Spoiler:
    a kiss on the forehead


    source: Promethea from TWoP forums who claims to have seen the episode (other spoilers she provided so far turned out to be true, so I'm inclined to believe it)
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

  19. #79
    Major General Willow'sCat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,202

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by zuz View Post
    I have some bad news spoilers for ep 5 ADAM
    Spoiler:
    The kiss has been cut from the episode (although there is still a chance however small that the kiss JB was talking about is from a different episode)

    What we get in Adam is a comforting hug and later
    Spoiler:
    a kiss on the forehead


    source: Promethea from TWoP forums who claims to have seen the episode (other spoilers she provided so far turned out to be true, so I'm inclined to believe it)
    Hmm, I never thought the whole two minutes would survive... maybe on the DVD outtakes
    Spoiler:
    maybe the moment was meant to just console him and this other stuff when edited was too much, not necessarily too much for viewers but too much for the scene, might have ruined the "moment" so if pulling back helps that moment I am still happy. Although fingers crossed on Outtakes!!! They do treat us well with outtakes.

  20. #80
    Colonel zuz's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    7,483

    Default Re: The Jack/Ianto Pro Discussion and Thunk Thread

    (((Willow's Cat))) That's what I have thought, too, spoilers for ep 5 Adam
    Spoiler:
    cutting the kiss because it might have ruined the moment. Jack simply being there for Ianto shows that the relationship isn't solely about sex.


    Although I have from the same source that in the ep 6 Reset
    Spoiler:
    Ianto shares more details about Jack's bed habits (describing "Jack's technique as innovative and avantgarde" Am I the only one disturbed by the fact that Ianto turns out to be a kiss-and-tell kind of guy?
    "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
    Colonel Jack O'Neill

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. John Druitt/ Jack the Ripper Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation
    By Valaslonglostsister in forum Sanctuary
    Replies: 3461
    Last Post: November 18th, 2012, 10:02 PM
  2. Replies: 3366
    Last Post: August 12th, 2011, 04:20 PM
  3. Jack/RDA Thunk Thread III
    By Skydiver in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 1010
    Last Post: June 29th, 2004, 11:18 AM
  4. Jack/RDA Thunk Thread II
    By Shipperahoy in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 1126
    Last Post: June 11th, 2004, 04:34 PM
  5. Jack/RDA thunk thread I
    By Feli in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 1217
    Last Post: May 20th, 2004, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •