Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Thor and Thor's Hammer...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Thor and Thor's Hammer...

in the episode Thor's Chariot when Daniel and Sam meet Thor in the chamber for the very first time...

how in the hell did Thor get there so quickly? i mean are we to assume that Thor spent his entire life, spanning how many hundred or thousand years, in the milky galaxy in close proximity to that one specific planet just in the off chance that the device would be activated and he would be summoned?

what would have happened if, say, Thor was in Ida when the device was activated?

did the asgard have some sort of uber-powerful teleportation device that would be able to send Thor into that chamber instaneously from even so far away as Ida?

and how did his ship get there so fast? or was it too stationed permanently in the milky way?

if the asgard possessed some form of space travel that allowed near instantaneous transportation of a being or ship from as far as Ida to the milky way, then why don't we access that info in the asgard database and adapt it, thus rendering the stargates useless? i mean we'd be able to send ships/people from atlantis to SGC in a matter of seconds instead of half an hour through the gate....

i find it very hard to believe that thor was permanently within beaming range of the chamber for his very long, long life... let alone that his ship was equally as close for how many centuries?
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

thor was in ida, his ship can cross galaxies in minutes

and in the chamber it was a real-time holographic image of thor

Comment

it's possible thor had a body in our galaxy and a body in ida, and could shift his consiousness between them faster (via subspace signals ) than actually being able to move physically
      Spoiler:
      Disclaimer:
      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
      Quotes!
      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
        thor was in ida, his ship can cross galaxies in minutes

and in the chamber it was a real-time holographic image of thor
        i thought i remembered thor saying that he was not a hologram...

or did he say that he was not a pre-recording

as for his ship crossing galaxies in minutes... amazing... and i think that in addition to the beam weapons we adapted from the asgard, maybe we should adapt the hyperdrive as well... but then that would make stargate pretty much useless...

Comment

we have Asgard hyperdrives, we just don't have enough power to make them go as fast as Thor's did.

I would imagine Thor was somewhere in our galaxy at the time they entered the chamber and he was alerted to that, he then went to the planet before they made it to the final stage.

Comment

when carter said he was pre-recorded, he said that it was a real life communication and that he was on his flagship: the beliskner
            he also looked like a hologram

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
              when carter said he was pre-recorded, he said that it was a real life communication and that he was on his flagship: the beliskner
              he also looked like a hologram
              well that makes sense now...

Comment

i just watched the episode, i got it at home, trust me, it is a hologram!

Comment

Yeah, I remember it being a hologram. Well, I could be wrong. But that's what I remember.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Is it at all possible thor didn't just send a ship that was already in the galaxy? He wasn't neccasarily on it or is there something I missed? Oneil with 1 of those hologram devices comunicated with the asgard high council in Ida so thor could have been anywhere when he was communicated.
                    Best quotes ever:
                    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                    Thor:I like the yellow ones
                    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

We have seen the Asgard holo-messenger thing a few times before. We don't really know its range or capabilities.

Comment

Working...
                      X