Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Her Baby: Right or Wrong?

There was a discussion elsewhere about this but it was off-topic

What do people think about Teyla's decision to stay on active duty while pregnant? although I think John was right to bench her, I cannot fault Teyla for wanting to keep fighting. She may think that the best way to protect her baby is to keep it safe from the wraith and replicators, and that the rest of the team are more likely to achieve that with her help. She could argue that if the replicators or wraith overrun Atlantis, then her sitting comfy while John and Ronon were off doing the fighting, won't have done her baby a great deal of good.

Madeleine

I think it was reckless, she obviously didn't think her baby would/could come to any harm, but Sheppard knew better.

Comment

Half of the time, being on Atlantis is just as dangerous. And it's not like Teyla could've known she'd be forced to once more enter the mind of a Wraith, allow it to kill her baby.

How said killing would happen is still beyond me. What the hell would the queen do, tell the baby to strangle itself with the umbilical cord? Teyla was also a bit slow. She should've immediately told John to shoot "her" or shot "herself" once she got them out of their. It was obvious it had to be done.

Not to mention that they need her. What would they have done had she not been there? They would've all died and the Wraith could've overrun the galaxy, that's what would've happened. Pregnant or not, she can still contribute a lot to the team.

Comment

That's a bit different, they needed her to fly the ship, I still think it's irresponsible to put her in potentially dangerous situations for no good reason, I mean how useful is Teyla on the average mission anyway? Beyond her Wraith gene, (and how often does she use that?) I don't think she contributes much more to the team than Ronon, certainly not enough to risk putting her baby in harms way. Now that the replicators are dealt with, Atlantis is the safest place for her.

Comment

i think it it her decision ,her people are missing and she needs to be out there looking for them, i would just leave it at that
          sigpic
          May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            That's a bit different, they needed her to fly the ship, I still think it's irresponsible to put her in potentially dangerous situations for no good reason, I mean how useful is Teyla on the average mission anyway? Beyond her Wraith gene, (and how often does she use that?) I don't think she contributes much more to the team than Ronon, certainly not enough to risk putting her baby in harms way. Now that the replicators are dealt with, Atlantis is the safest place for her.
            So you're saying her dimplomatic skills don't matter? How many times has she negotiated with human worlds in Pegasus for the benefit of Atlantis, on and off screen? What about the knowledge she's gained and the relationships she's established travelling to those worlds? Ronon didn't do any of that, even while he was a Runner. He was to busy staying one step ahead of the Wraith. And anyone who gave him shelter got paid a visit by the Wraith. We saw the kind of welcome that got him when he went back to one of those places.

John was right to bench her. She's in a different place than her village now, the rules about pregnant Athosian women don't apply any more. Besides, maybe now she can take a little leave and visit Earth. She's the only member of the team who hasn't been there in the real world.
            It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
            --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Working...
            X