Assumptions. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assumptions. . .

They aimed that Hive for the facility and just assumed that it was destroyed. . .

I'm thinkin' it wasn't and that leaving it without making sure was a mistake. Besides, there were 3 ZPMs there. . . Somewhere.

Those caverns were extensive and I can't see that one Hive crashing into the entrance could have possibly taken it all out.

Maybe I missed something really important - it wouldn't be the first time - but I think they need to go back to make sure the job is done and collect the ZPMs if is it possible -

They probably sent the Daedalus to check it out when it arrived in Pegasus.

Comment

Originally posted by Winter View Post
      They aimed that Hive for the facility and just assumed that it was destroyed. . .

I'm thinkin' it wasn't and that leaving it without making sure was a mistake. Besides, there were 3 ZPMs there. . . Somewhere.

Those caverns were extensive and I can't see that one Hive crashing into the entrance could have possibly taken it all out.

Maybe I missed something really important - it wouldn't be the first time - but I think they need to go back to make sure the job is done and collect the ZPMs if is it possible -
      Did you forget a hive is 11 kilometers long? That facility might have been huge, but a 11 km ship running into it should pretty much take it out.

Comment

Yeah, those Hive ships are massive. It did plenty of damage to knock the facility out.
        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Or atleast off line the power, seemingly permanently killing not only the clones that are being made but possibly the originals that may be in some stasis cell. Either way they are caved in so we could easily say we nuked it later. What they should have done was the jumper goes to atlantis through the gate, the hive jumps a way we dial back bring a naq generator or a nuke if atlantis has any and set it down some where hidden and blow the whole thing up. that way we keep the hive.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Winter View Post

Remember that quote?
            Assumption is the mother of *****up.
            It has been before and will be again...
            Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

The kinetic(?) energy created by a ship the size of a Hive smashing into a facility that size, at the speed the Hive must've been doing must be absolutely massive.

All of the exposed facility was obviously completed incinerated, as would've been a large portion of the subterranean caverns that open directly on that part of the facility.
              Add to that the shockwave and I doubt any cavern could survive that impact. Even if there are a few small areas still intact, they would most likely be completely isolated and with no air so not somewhere you want to be beaming into.

I would be highly surprised if the ZPMs survived. Remember that they are crystal based, therefore a large cavern collapsing on them is going to crush them. I would guess that when this happens the articificial universe would either simply cease to exist, or it would be destroyed - most likely releasing its own share of energy in the process.

Long story short...the Wraith's cloning ambitions are toast, atleast on that planet.

Comment

Well.. 2 things could've happened
                1) The explosion somehow overloaded the ZPM and it destroyed the entire structure. It was deep enough within the planet to not completely destroy the plan.et
                2) The building is still intact.

Comment

I agree with Jenks, they probably sent the Daedalus or Apollo to check it out.

Will be interesting to see which ship stayed in Pegasus in the new episode this Friday. I'd love for Caldwell to stay, but I'd like the chance for Ellis to get a bit more development.
                  It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                  --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

COme one people, asteroids smaller then the wrath ship leave huge craters in the ground, the wraith ship was probably traveling at the speed of an asteroid (even though the show didnt show it going that fast) when it hit that wrath facility it probably took out the whole mountain and left a nice crater.
                    That place is Toast, But my God that scene was so awesome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
                      The kinetic(?) energy created by a ship the size of a Hive smashing into a facility that size, at the speed the Hive must've been doing must be absolutely massive.

All of the exposed facility was obviously completed incinerated, as would've been a large portion of the subterranean caverns that open directly on that part of the facility.
                      Add to that the shockwave and I doubt any cavern could survive that impact. Even if there are a few small areas still intact, they would most likely be completely isolated and with no air so not somewhere you want to be beaming into.

I would be highly surprised if the ZPMs survived. Remember that they are crystal based, therefore a large cavern collapsing on them is going to crush them. I would guess that when this happens the articificial universe would either simply cease to exist, or it would be destroyed - most likely releasing its own share of energy in the process.

Long story short...the Wraith's cloning ambitions are toast, atleast on that planet.
                      I'm going to say that with the speed of an uncontrolled reentry combined with the size of the ship it probably had the effect of a small nuke. Not counting the adde explosion due to the zpms blowing up. That would make it about 10X that of the Hiroshima bomb.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                      X