Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
    Auton

Default Re: simple reason asgard ships are better than lantian ships

You really think that if the Ancients were alive right now in their full glory, they wouldn't be able to adapt to some Asgard tactics lol? They don't even need to use drones. They'll just build another Dakara superweapon and destory all life in the entire galaxy in 1 second.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    You really think that if the Ancients were alive right now in their full glory, they wouldn't be able to adapt to some Asgard tactics lol? They don't even need to use drones. They'll just build another Dakara superweapon and destory all life in the entire galaxy in 1 second.
    asgard can do the same with ancient tactics. like, disable the stargate network

Auton

Rofl this arguement is pointless, since we can always just say that: my race can adapt to anything your has throws at them, etc...

Dunno what this has to do with their ships though...

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Rofl this arguement is pointless, since we can always just say that: my race can adapt to anything your has throws at them, etc...

Dunno what this has to do with their ships though...

Cheers.
    glad you noticed it yourself.

A quick note:
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin
    You really think that if the Ancients were alive right now in their full glory, they wouldn't be able to adapt to some Asgard tactics lol?
    Post before:

Quote Originally Posted by Thekillman
    (unless they use the same jamming tech the Wraith use)

Auton

1. Yea glad i noticed it, because you certainly didn't and used it.

2. So? Wow i didn't notice one little senctence that didn't necessarily mean that you thought they were capable of adapting anyway...

Cheers.

1. Yea glad i noticed it, because you certainly didn't and used it.

2. So? Wow i didn't notice one little sentence that didn't necessarily mean that you thought they were capable of adapting anyway...

Cheers.
    2: the very point of that sentence is that i thought they could adapt.

1: i have no idea what your problem with this is. I clearly thought they could adapt. you go all "but the ancients can wipe everyone out!" yet you did NOT believe that the asgard could adapt. especially since the uber-simple counter to that technology is disabling the stargate, something even Earth could do.

Besides, you say "i didn't notice one little sentence", but that's not the case. On several occasions did you miss points i made. In some cases, i already took in account things you comment on later. Strangely, even things in benefit of the Ancients get ignored by you.

But yea, i'll go back to something i said earlier: i'm done with this discussion, primarily for point 2 as quoted.

Auton

1. Didn't look like it.

2.I'm sure the Ancients could build new stargates and ship them to wherever they need.

3.That wasn't even a sentence, more like a part of one and it didn't look like what you're trying to say now in hindsight.

4.What do i ignore? Compose a list and i'll address then one by one.

Cheers.

Probie

Quote Originally Posted by umopapisdn View Post
    The wraith never wanted to get to MW, why would they, they didn't know there was life there, also we don't know that all of them didn't have the intergalactic hyperdrives, we don't know what type of drive the tria had, the aurora had the intersteller and the orion wasn't made clear though it could ctach up to the wraith ships so it must be at least as fast as them.
    The entire purpose of the episode "Aurora" was that the wraith were trying to get their hands on intergalactic hyperdrive technology to reach earth because of the first or second episode of the first season of SGA when the wraith queen probed sheppards mind. literally everything in your comment is wrong.

Well you have to have 1 thing in mind that Aasgard were at war for a long time, they had experience and need to build better and more powerful warships as opposed to ancients, which for the most part were peaceful explorers and researchers with society build around accumulation of knowledge. Therefore it would make sense that at the beginning there was a lack of experience in that field which might have lead to some heavy loses in obtaining necessary resources.

However with the stargate and intergalactic hyperdrive capabilities and with stargates on planets in thousands of galaxies, they could have easily outsourced their production and resources far far away from PG to combat wraith threat. They had the knowledge to build pretty much everything they wanted to yet for the sake of plot, they were made weak and incapable of thinking.
    The cake is a lie...

Probie

i found a great vid about one of my favorite Asgard ship check this out ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRozrHhKhmE in my opinion the asgard/ancient alliance started with war between each other.When they short war seemed mindless and equal they made peace with each other and made the alliance.Later they found the furlings and the Nox.

Quote Originally Posted by Gate Master View Post
    To be fair I doubt any one knows that cause tptb change it to suit the story. 1ZPM can last 3.3 thousand years holding back an ocean but a few days under wraith bombardment which even the deddy can take for a good few minutes and even a few seconds with out shields will deplete the ZPM.

As for asgard ships they seem superior in every way.
    Better hyperdrive, weapons, sensors, beaming and med tech. They can even replicate new componants unlike the ancient ships which can get standed in between galaxies with out spare parts for their hyperdrive. Oh yeah and communications since asgard can talk across galaxies with out an open stargate and maybe beam as well. The ancients from the looks of things couldn't even call for help from there allies.

Last but not least and im probably gonna get stick for this but the ancient ships are proper ugly beasts unlike the sleek looking asgard ships. Even something like the BS galactica would have been good. Who designs a monstrosity like one of those aroura class ships. The ancients obviously had better scientists than designers altho atlantis turned out ok
    i agree
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed