I Knew It

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Knew It

A little late, but the episode gave us something I've been suspecting for a while now. When Rodney and Radek are working on the Replicator block for the attack, Zelenka gets called away to what turns out to be the infirmary, to fix their molecular generators.

One of the things I wanted them to address has been their supplies. When the expedition originally embarks, they bring a lot of stuff with them: food, clothes, equipment, weapons, ammo, etc. But things tend to get used up, especially in a line unit. And after the Genii tried to take the city, they left with a lot of the Atlantis medical supplies, but the expedition has more medical supplies not too long after that. Even if they held some in reserve in case the main stock gets depleted, and later had the Daedalus to make supply runs, that's still a lot of materiel being used up.

This is not a rip on plot holes by any means, I'm just happy that TPTB took care of this. I mean, a race as advanced as the Ancients would have to have some kind of technology like that, just to support their civilization.

Though it appears that the generators in the kitchen have trouble with the color blue, at least in jello.
    It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
    --J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm pretty sure he said naquadah generator

Comment

I think he said "Naquada generator", actually.

Comment

directly from from the transcript

ATLANTIS. Rodney is waiting near his lab and looks irritated as Radek hurries to join him.

McKAY: You and I have two very different definitions of "this won't take too long."

ZELENKA: I know. I'm really sorry. The naqahdah generator in Section seven is giving us all sorts of trouble, but it's fixed now. I'm all yours. What would you like to try now?
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well crap. Um...

*flees*
          It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
          --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

after him!

Comment

Since when do we have molecule generators, like, at all and since when does "molecule" mean "anything you want"? While a lot of people would possibly find it "cool", it'd be funny if they introduced such important new tech in a throaway manner. And by "funny" I mean "stupid".

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                Since when do we have molecule generators, like, at all
                Non Season 4/5 related spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                Well the Asgard core on the Odyssey is able to rig the transporter technology to materialise anything you want (Unending).
                Last edited by Dobberman; 16 January 2008, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobberman View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Well the Asgard core on the Odyssey is able to rig the transporter technology to materialise anything you want (Unending).
                  Sweet! I want that
                  BRING BACK DR. ELIZABETH WEIR

Comment

Originally posted by Dobberman View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    That's not generating a molecule though, it's rearranging molecules.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
                      That's not generating a molecule though, it's rearranging molecules.
                      No, it's turning energy into matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebeneezer_Goode View Post
                        No, it's turning energy into matter.
                        By rearranging the molecules, or the atoms or the particles or what-have-you.

Comment

By rearranging the molecules, or the atoms or the particles or what-have-you.
                          No.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebeneezer_Goode View Post
                            No.
                            Yes. How else would you turn energy into matter? You rearrange the basic building blocks so that it's now a different substance.

Comment

Yes. How else would you turn energy into matter? You rearrange the basic building blocks so that it's now a different substance.
                              Different substance? It wasn't a substance to begin with, it was energy.

Comment

Working...
                              X