Replicators changing into humans to ascend? "this mortal coil" speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicators changing into humans to ascend? "this mortal coil" speculation

as ssen in this mortal coil the replicators can construct a fully grown human being with everything intact even its mind

the replicators could just build new bodies for themselves after they get rid of their agression coding
    then upload their minds into them
    just like the asguard have done for thousands of years
    then ascend using mckays calculations and the acsendometer

because it seems that only organic liforms can actually ascend
    (im not too sure about that bit)

so this would seem to be the next step they need to ascend

what do you think?

Spoiler:
    on a side note does anyone miss the bug form replictors?
    Avidffanimation YouTube | AvidffanFiction Youtube | AvidffanAlpha Youtube
    sigpic

i miss them
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by avidfan View Post
      as ssen in this mortal coil the replicators can construct a fully grown human being with everything intact even its mind

the replicators could just build new bodies for themselves after they get rid of their agression coding
      then upload their minds into them
      just like the asguard have done for thousands of years
      then ascend using mckays calculations and the acsendometer

because it seems that only organic liforms can actually ascend
      (im not too sure about that bit)

so this would seem to be the next step they need to ascend

what do you think?

Spoiler:
      on a side note does anyone miss the bug form replictors?

Yes to both statements. Ascension is a genetic thing so they better get some genetics if they wanna ascend XD

And the bug replicators were creepy, non human, not understandable. How do you negotiate with a bug? But i understand why they went to people. The same reason the borg got a queen, they need a face or else its hero vs force, not hero vs nemesis.

Comment

Wow am I ever glad I've seen TMC. If I hadn't, I'd be pretty pissed at you for that spoiler-y topic title.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Wow am I ever glad I've seen TMC. If I hadn't, I'd be pretty pissed at you for that spoiler-y topic title.
          think i shuold ask the mods to mod the title?

i do

hopefully itll change shortly

thanks i didnt even think that some people havent seen it yet

thanks again
          sigpic

Comment

The thread title itself doesn't actually reveal anything from the episode. It was never suggested they could or wanted to make themselves human. repli!Keller, after all, states that the human brain is just a complex machine, indicating they think they can Ascend without having to "go human".

So the title spoils the theory, not anything from the show (as no mention of clones was made in the thread title).

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
              The thread title itself doesn't actually reveal anything from the episode. It was never suggested they could or wanted to make themselves human. repli!Keller, after all, states that the human brain is just a complex machine, indicating they think they can Ascend without having to "go human".

So the title spoils the theory, not anything from the show (as no mention of clones was made in the thread title).
              yes but what do you think of my theory
              and thanks for the feedback
              sigpic

Comment

As I already stated, it's doubtful. clone!Weir protested that they were Replicators, indicating that that meant they could never Ascend. repli!Keller in turn stated that the human brain is just a very sophisticated machine, indicating that she believes that machines, too, can Ascend.

So, at this moment at least, no Replicator is currently planning on downloading their consciousness into a human clone to Ascend.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                  As I already stated, it's doubtful. clone!Weir protested that they were Replicators, indicating that that meant they could never Ascend. repli!Keller in turn stated that the human brain is just a very sophisticated machine, indicating that she believes that machines, too, can Ascend.

So, at this moment at least, no Replicator is currently planning on downloading their consciousness into a human clone to Ascend.
                  yes as far as we know
                  but the possiblity still is out there and as far as we know only flesh and blood can acsend

so they might have no choice but to downlaod into fleash and blood
                  sigpic

Comment

so nw we have the possiblity of this coming to pass
                    as seen in episode 5 season 5
                    they can downlaod into fleash and blood to ascend
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X