Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 92
  1. #1
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,912

    Default Season Four OPEN discussion thread : Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    This thread is for people to discuss any and all aspects of season four.

    It welcomes ALL points of view, thus respect and tolerance is a must.

    Hate what's happened, fine. Feel free to express it - within the rules of course. However, those that may not agree with you are free to say as much.

    Love what's happened, fine. Feel free to express it - within the rules of course. However, those that may not agree with you are free to say as much.

    In this thread, NO ONE is allowed to tell others to 'shut up and go away'. Personal issues are not welcome and I don't want issues with other threads to be brought here.

    The topic is SEASON FOUR. Keep it on topic.

    Discuss what has happened, what you think might happen, just don't discuss each other or other fans.

    Spoiler tags are necessary when discussing plot points so please respect those that haven't seen the episodes yet.

    Now to start it out....what has been your favorite part of the season thus far?

  2. #2
    Lieutenant General Briangate78's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,967

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    Hmm where do I start so much to discuss with this season. I guess I'm just happy that this season is proving to be a great season for myself. I think they took the characters and really developed them this season.

    Spoiler:
    I think "BAMSR" was amazing. Plus, the plot twist at the end with Weir.


    I am looking forward to "The Kindred" along with the other last 3 eps. I think the end of this season is going to have us talking about S5 and whats to come for months. What do you think?
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

  3. #3
    Colonel Pitry's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Location
    officially there...
    Posts
    5,111

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    I agree with Brian!

    .. about BAMSR. One of three episodes I enjoyed this year.

    Spoiler:
    I want Todd as a regular character! Or at least recuring like zelenka. He might make SGA actually enjoyable again! *is in love*
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P


  4. #4
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    outside of space-time continuum
    Posts
    592

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    todd could become the teal'c of SGA and turn against his own kind
    Teal'c didn't turn against his own kind! He was not a Goaul'd...

  5. #5
    Colonel Pitry's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Location
    officially there...
    Posts
    5,111

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    todd could become the teal'c of SGA and turn against his own kind
    Mmm... why though? i'd like it much better if he keeps his own arrogance and dislike of humans and always trying to manipulate thnigs to work his way. Not betray them tot he Wraith, no, btu maybe jsut cos he's an outcast or some such? I dunno.

    Todd rules.
    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
    Yes, I am!
    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
    Peter Pan R.I.P


  6. #6
    Major marielabbott's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Watching the implosion
    Posts
    2,147

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    Quote Originally Posted by Skydiver View Post
    Now to start it out....what has been your favorite part of the season thus far?
    The parts with Weir. Except for TMC. I did really like Lifeline and
    Spoiler:
    her dramatic reveal at the end of BAMSR. I thought that was great, a real surprise, and hopefully a good set-up for her return.


    I also like seeing Zelenka so often and Lorne's had some good scenes too. I wish those two had an ep saving Atlantis together; it'd be much fun.
    Last edited by marielabbott; January 13th, 2008 at 01:22 PM. Reason: forgot to add

  7. #7
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,912

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    i really liked ronon and teyla in bamsr

    Spoiler:
    how he acted/reacted when she told shep she was preggers

    he was so nice and supportive.


    and the same in spoils

    Spoiler:
    the lorne/teyla scene. so wonderful and so nice and warm, without being OTT ooshy gooshy


    This new burst of emotion is so nice to see. people that really give a damn about each other

  8. #8
    Lieutenant General poundpuppy29's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    17,782

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    This has been a mixed season for me mainly because of cast changes. I liked Adrift and Lifeline. Did not care for Missing or Miller's Crossing. DG was kinda just there for me didn't love it but didn't hate it. I loved Tabula Rasa, BAMS'R. The Seer was good but it was very apparent to me that Sam was being written the same as Weir and that bothered me because Sam and Weir are 2 different characters. SoW was ok the only thing that irritated me was how Shep was with Teyla I think he acted like a jerk in BAMS'R and he was still very condescending in SoW. I really liked TMC too.

    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

  9. #9
    The Monitor jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Preparing for Crisis
    Posts
    37,071

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    Quote Originally Posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
    This has been a mixed season for me mainly because of cast changes.?* I liked Adrift and Lifeline.?* Did not care for Missing or Miller's Crossing.?* DG was kinda just there for me didn't love it but didn't hate it.?* I loved Tabula Rasa, BAMS'R.?* The Seer was good but it was very apparent to me that Sam was being written the same as Weir and that bothered me because Sam and Weir are 2 different characters.?* SoW was ok the only thing that irritated me was how Shep was with Teyla I think he acted like a jerk in BAMS'R and he was still very condescending in SoW.
    He kind of felt betrayed and responsible for Teyla. For two months, Teyla had been risking the life of her unborn son without telling him. There is also the fact that he is Teyla's CO and to follow military rules. Even though she is not military, she has to follow them because Teyla is on a military team.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  10. #10
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,912

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    i attributed shep's behavior on bamsr'd to 'shocked male syndrome'
    Spoiler:

    ask any parent how they react when their kid runs into the middle of a busy street chasing a ball. they most likely, yell and scream and shake the child...and they dont' do it to be cruel, they do it cause they're scared.

    with her pregnancy being early, theoretically if teyla miscarried it wouldn't be all that dangerous. but, worst case scenario, if she miscarried, she could die. and i think that's what was running through his head. that his friend could have died


    he was shocked and scared and overreacted.

  11. #11
    Major General Reefgirl's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2005
    Posts
    10,125

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    Ok I'm going to throw a spanner in the works now and say this series has been a big disapointment to me, the poor writing especially, the lack of character development and plot and the careless regard for the fans is a shame. Once upon a time this was a good series but now, I'm afraid I've got better things to do with my time

  12. #12
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    35,401

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    ...she has to follow them because Teyla is on a military team.
    It's not a military team. It's an exploration team. Their mission is to explore and find a zpm, allies against the Wrait and trading partners. (I think)

    Season 4 so far has been disappointing... I'm still watching, till the end most likely, but I find myself enjoying it less and less, even to a point where I don't much care anymore. There have even been episodes where I thought ... "To hell with this junk, I'm turning it off." -> Never before has that happened to me, not even with the Irr's in season 3.

    I loved Missing. Don't much care or have problems with Keller being in Atlantis, so I didn't mind her paired off with Teyla. As long as there's Teyla I'll be watching.

    Have a hate/like relationship with DG ... The reason is obvious, I think.

    Loved Lifeline - Torri just played everyone else off the screen.
    Semi-liked Reunion, but only Ronon's part of the episode. In that one it was Jason who acted everyone else into submission.

    Can't even remember the episodes of the first half, and that's also an indication I don't care about it anymore, cause I only have to see something once to be able to remember entire dialogue from it.

    The last minute of BAMSR comes to mind... mediocre episode, great ending.
    Spoils of War - Rachel made Teyla shine like the brightest star in the universe. All the others were just bland, pale in comparison.

    And what is yet to come, I don't care... no hopes, means no disappointments - I like it that way.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  13. #13
    Lieutenant General Briangate78's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,967

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    Now I loved this season so far. I felt in the beginning why do this do Weir and have someone come in, acting her position to a tee. Now I see they have a grand story arc for Weir. I admit, as much as I loved the character moments in "TMC" and the episode overall, It felt empty at the end. Was Weir alive or dead? After "BAMSR" I felt the writers took a character in a different direction. I just hope this story arc is revisited with Weir/Torri and for many eps. She truly added a lot this season for only being in 4 episodes. Carter to me really only had two good eps, but I am still giving her a chance. Right now she is just a fill in and a supportive role. Carter reminds me of Weir in Season 1 and 2. Still I have hope for the rest of this season to be dynamite. The first two eps have been great so far.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

  14. #14
    You call that a glowstick?
    (Moderator)
    Skydiver's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    54,912

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    Adrift - thought it was ok. nothing stellar, but ok
    Lifeline - same with this one.
    Reunion - you know, why, oh WHY did we have to have the cliched ending?

    Spoiler:
    why did his people HAVE to be bad?


    Doppelganger - pretty good and enjoyable
    Travelers - ugg

    Spoiler:
    shep the manwhore. can someone else please have the hot alien chick fall all over them, just for a change?


    Tabula Rasa - pretty good
    Missing - ok in one way, but keller was wussy a bit too long for my tastes. I wanted to slap her

    The Seer - again, pretty good. nice twist with the foreshadowing, but i have to crow about the fact that i was 'right' in what the visions showed

    Miller's Crossing - ugg, waste o time.

    This Mortal Coil - not bad. and enjoyable
    Be All my Sins Remember'd - another good one
    Spoils of War - and i enjoyed this one

    Quarantine
    Harmony
    Outcast
    Midway
    Trio
    The Kindred pt 1
    The Kindred pt 2
    The Last Man

    I'm not up on spoilers for hte rest, but i think harmony and outcast kinda have me dubious while i think the others might be okay

    I find hte show more enjoyable when i don't know too much about what's coming. Just take it as it happens.

  15. #15
    General Jumper_One's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Milkyway, fishing
    Posts
    26,347

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    It's not a military team. It's an exploration team. Their mission is to explore and find a zpm, allies against the Wrait and trading partners. (I think)
    true however the team leader is a member of the USAF. if Teyla wants to be a part of Shep's team she has to do what he tells her (as was confirmed in SoW)

    as for s4 I think it's been awesome so far. yes there've been some changes but those were necessary imo and only helped the show in the long run. Keller's a nice character but I'd still like to have Carson back, hopefully we can have both. Carter's been doing a good job so far though I'd have liked to see more of her in certain eps because sometimes it seems as if TBTB are forgetting the new base commander. my favorite eps so far are DG, The Seer and BAMSR. the only ep I had some problems with was Travelers

  16. #16
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    35,401

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_One View Post
    true however the team leader is a member of the USAF. if Teyla wants to be a part of Shep's team she has to do what he tells her (as was confirmed in SoW)
    Then you should watch Instinct again... where Teyla informs Ronon that sometimes they can decide not to follow his orders. Otherwise he would have been toast having Ellia feed on him or probably snap his neck.

    I don't see them as a military team at all.

    *****

    The way Carter responded to Sheppard telling her about Teyla, really felt like she couldn't care less. So, what does that tell you? That as the base commander she's only concerned for her own people? That she doesn't care about what's going among the civilians? That she feels it's none of her business in the first place (generally)? Or because she has no idea who Teyla is again... which I would find rather farfetched.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  17. #17
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    The way Carter responded to Sheppard telling her about Teyla, really felt like she couldn't care less. So, what does that tell you? That as the base commander she's only concerned for her own people? That she doesn't care about what's going among the civilians? That she feels it's none of her business in the first place (generally)? Or because she has no idea who Teyla is again... which I would find rather farfetched.
    I think Carter could prioritize well enough to not be diverted from the serious issues at hand.

    Anyway, Sheppard had already taken the immediately necessary action.

  18. #18
    General Jumper_One's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Milkyway, fishing
    Posts
    26,347

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Then you should watch Instinct again... where Teyla informs Ronon that sometimes they can decide not to follow his orders. Otherwise he would have been toast having Ellia feed on him or probably snap his neck.

    I don't see them as a military team at all.
    do you see SG-1 as a military team? I do, even though only O'Neill and Carter (2 out of 4 people)/Mitchell and Carter (2 out of 5 people) were in the USAF. I honestly don't remember that scene in Instinct but since Teal'c, Daniel and Vala did a lot of stuff without asking for permission this would kinda be the same situation

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    *****

    The way Carter responded to Sheppard telling her about Teyla, really felt like she couldn't care less. So, what does that tell you? That as the base commander she's only concerned for her own people? That she doesn't care about what's going among the civilians? That she feels it's none of her business in the first place (generally)? Or because she has no idea who Teyla is again... which I would find rather farfetched.
    sorry but I disagree. I saw a base commander that was truly surprised shen Shep told her. at the same time they're preparing for the attack on Asuras so she probably had a million things to think about, most of all Rodney's replicator machine (which is the next scene). I'm sure Carter concerned for everybody in Atlantis, not just the military

  19. #19
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    35,401

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_One View Post
    do you see SG-1 as a military team?
    Yes, I do... SGC was all about military and air force stuff. It breathed military. And there mission objectives was technology which could defend Earth. Military, not exploration, which did come into play, but secondary to the technology.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

  20. #20
    First Lieutenant
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    525

    Default Re: Season Four OPEN discussion thread * Spoilers and Speculation for all episodes

    There is a lot to like about S4.

    Favorite episode for repeatability: Travelers
    Favorite first time viewing: BAMSR
    Favorites for being well written and thought provoking: Adrift and Millerís Crossing
    The only bad episode: Missing

    Best thing about S4 is that we finally get to see more of serious Sheppard in command.

    We always knew he was in command of the military and the leader of his team but he was rarely shown as actually in command. His lighter side was shown more. This season they have changed the focus to the serious and competent side of Sheppard. The smart-ass is still there, but, it is secondary.

    Okay, this is stupid, but I love the simple commands. The commands that are looks and head movements or a couple words are great.

    Examples from memory:
    Sheppard telling Ronon to get McKay moving back toward the jumper in Doppelganger.
    Sheppard telling Lorne to clear the gear-up room in SoW. Ronon pulling McKay out.
    Sheppard telling McKay to go on in the hive ship so he can talk to Teyla in Sow.
    Sheppard telling McKay to take the Seerís hand in The Seer.
    Sheppard telling McKay to take the pills in TR.

    I love the fact that McKay actually obeys commands immediately this season instead of sputtering or arguing (most of the time).

    Looking forward to the rest of a great season.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 514
    Last Post: October 16th, 2011, 10:17 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 10th, 2010, 08:21 AM
  3. The Mid-Season 3Parter Pre Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread
    By Mattathias2.0 in forum Atlantis Season 4
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: October 4th, 2007, 09:54 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 16th, 2007, 12:50 PM
  5. The mid-season 2 parter pre-airing discussion/speculation thread (Spoilers)
    By The Suicidal Goldfish in forum Atlantis Season 4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 18th, 2007, 02:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •