No announcement yet.

Finders Keepers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just got super-mega plasma beams of PWNAGE...do you really think a hive ship is of any use now?

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

Originally posted by beale947 View Post
      We just got super-mega plasma beams of PWNAGE...do you really think a hive ship is of any use now?
      Indeed, most alien ships are pretty much redundant now that the 304s have Asgard upgrades.

Comment

Every Hive we get means one less for the Wraith to use.
        It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
        --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Originally posted by Ehecatl View Post
          Why can't Atlantis keep their hands on a Wraith or Ancient ship? They stumble upon all these ships but all of their discoveries are too short lived they need to get some good use out of what they find.
          ...Because you don't want your heroes become too powerful.

It's the underdog feeling that made stargate cat get so fat.
          Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

at least we still have the asgaud tech
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              at least we still have the asgaud tech
              Big shields + big guns = too much. Already far too much for my taste - anyone else?

Edit: not to forget: superior hyperdrive speed...
              Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen...

...very often

Comment

A damaged hive ship is able to heal itself , so the argument that both of those ships were unusable is more than flawed . After waiting 1-2 episodes the ship would automagically become shiny and fully functional , without the need for any additional explanations.

Originally posted by beale947 View Post
                Come on people... A possible use of a hive ship is to get closer to a Wraith fleet/outpost/whatever while pretending to be Wraith crew.

Or simply for fun : go to human planets and scare the population. When they see the hive ship they'd believe that the Wraith came to cull them . Everyone running to hide. Chaos. Screams. Lots of panic . Lots of fun.
                Happy ending : nobody is fed upon and the morale of the SGA team goes straight up . It's nice and refreshing to make people happy by telling them that it was just a joke and that they won't be eaten that day !

Comment

At least this one went down in a blaze of glory!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon View Post

Come on people... A possible use of a hive ship is to get closer to a Wraith fleet/outpost/whatever while pretending to be Wraith crew.
                    !
                    With their psichic network, i doubt that would last.

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon View Post
                      A damaged hive ship is able to heal itself , so the argument that both of those ships were unusable is more than flawed . After waiting 1-2 episodes the ship would automagically become shiny and fully functional , without the need for any additional explanations.

Or simply for fun : go to human planets and scare the population. When they see the hive ship they'd believe that the Wraith came to cull them . Everyone running to hide. Chaos. Screams. Lots of panic . Lots of fun.
                      Happy ending : nobody is fed upon and the morale of the SGA team goes straight up . It's nice and refreshing to make people happy by telling them that it was just a joke and that they won't be eaten that day !

They can only regenerate there hull. As seen in No Man's Land (IIRC) They needed McKay's help to fix the ships systems. The whole ship isn't organic.\

Also one day we might see our ships with shields. We saw Daniel cloak the Odyssey.
                      Last edited by RepliVeggie; 16 January 2008, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                        Also one day we might see our ships with shields. We saw Daniel cloak the Odyssey.
                        Our ships have shields.. kickass Asgard shields.

Comment

How cool would it be if they captured a hiveship and took it back to Earth and created an interface so normal humans could pilot the ship and upgraded it with Asgard weapons, sheilds and hyperdrives. You put a crew and some 302's onboard and right there we got a new ship for the fleet that would cost significantly less than a 304.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                            I don't see the big deal here

the Aurora was severely damaged and depleted of drones, that's why the crew put themselves into stasis in the first place.

the Tria didn't have a hyperdrive, it was damaged beyond repair even by the ancients themselves - worthless.
                            I agree with you on the first point. The Aurora was damaged beyond repair. You could see as much just from looking at it on screen. So there never was a chance that anything ever could've came of it.

As far the Tria, I disagree. It was a functional ship with the damaged hyperdrive engines being the only problem we were told about. The only reason the Ancients couldn't fix it would've been because they did not have the supplies onboard to do that. Persumably all Earth has to do is strip out the hyperdrive and replace it with one of their own or fix the damaged one. I can understand why it would take so long to get it operational; They may need Ancient spare parts which they cannot replicate and/or there may be some technical excuse as to why they cannot interface a hyperdrive engine of their own into the ship.

I suspect it's one of those things that they are purposely ignoring so they could bring it back to save the day later on at a drop of a dime. For example; They need more firepower and after finding a damaged Aurora class ship that cannot be made operational they remove the necessary hyperdrive parts and bring it over the Tria. They've done things like that countless times in Sg-1 and I have come to learn to just sit and wait to see what they're going to do about these seemingly forgotten plot points, if anything. But, it is a bit annoying that we cannot even get a reference that briefly gives a reason for why it is still in the void, but not in a way where I'm upset about it. Just in a way where it's killing me to sit around waiting to see what will become of it (assuming they get around to it before the show goes off the air).

Comment

I agree that they could at least give us a throwaway line in an upcoming episode, perhaps even next week's ep, as to why we haven't seen it. I'd expect something about it being destroyed by the Replicators before they took over the city, but what I'd really like is a line something like "The scientist back home tore it apart as soon as the hyperdrive engines we installed got it there.", or something to that effect. Though I suspect we'll find out the Reps destroyed it out of spite in Return.

Wiki says it's been left floating in the void between galaxies, and that's just plain wrong. Yes, for once Wikipedia is wrong.

Fun fact: Did you know that typing in Tria in the wiki search bar redirects you to a company that manufactures artwork elements?
                              It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                              --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Working...
                              X