Hammy Wraith Queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hammy Wraith Queen

Did anyone else think the Wraith Queen was overacting, especially in the scenes with Teyla? I liked every part of that episode except the queen's ham fest and them naming the star faced wraith 'Tod'.

Originally posted by Gaeth View Post
    Did anyone else think the Wraith Queen was overacting, especially in the scenes with Teyla? I liked every part of that episode except the queen's ham fest and them naming the star faced wraith 'Tod'.
    How do you mean overacting...

You mean her movements or her lines?

Comment

Queens have always been very over dramatic since we saw the first Queen feed on Col. Sumner.

Comment

Originally posted by FirePhoenix View Post
        How do you mean overacting...

You mean her movements or her lines?
        Overdoing the facial movements, especially the eyes. Also, putting too much emphasis on different words. Compare her behavior to the other queen appearances (except perhaps the first one) it's much more...hammy, specifically the telepathic dialog with Teyla.

Comment

Overdoing the facial movements, especially the eyes. Also, putting too much emphasis on different words. Compare her behavior to the other queen appearances (except perhaps the first one) it's much more...hammy, specifically the telepathic dialog with Teyla.
          I disagree. It's the same actress so I saw her as the same. THe odd behavior while Teyla had ahold of her was obviously understandable.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

RE: the sequences while she and Teyla were connected, she could have been playing it up a bit to increase Teyla's fear and make her slip.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              I disagree. It's the same actress so I saw her as the same. THe odd behavior while Teyla had ahold of her was obviously understandable.
              I know it's the same actress that's what makes it stand out more, you know ceteris paribus.

I know wraith are more forward and odd acting and queens even more so, but she (this time) overdid it.

Comment

I think this queen was a particularly grumpy diva

and who wouldn't be after being stuck making thousands of clone babies for who knows how long

(that and being a 6'4 vampire who get's beat by a 5'2 pregnant human!)
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                  RE: the sequences while she and Teyla were connected, she could have been playing it up a bit to increase Teyla's fear and make her slip.
                  That's plausible, but she still seemed silly.

Comment

Guess you never liked the Goa'uld then.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      Guess you never liked the Goa'uld then.
                      They never seemed hammy to me. Maybe it's just this actress, or maybe the flange on a Goa'uld's voice made it fit. Either way they pulled it off and sounded arrogant and angry not hammy.

Comment

yes.

i liked the way the scene was staged, i just thought the actress overdid the monsterness of it. so the scene in spots came off campy to me.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I'm just wondering how Teyla could've overpowered a Hive Queen mentally. Wraith Queens and Wraiths in general train their minds everyday by means of daily routines, operating ships etc etc.. how is it Teyla who uses her telepathic Wraith abilities every once in a while is able to overpower a Hive queen? hmm.. something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo01 View Post
                            I'm just wondering how Teyla could've overpowered a Hive Queen mentally. Wraith Queens and Wraiths in general train their minds everyday by means of daily routines, operating ships etc etc.. how is it Teyla who uses her telepathic Wraith abilities every once in a while is able to overpower a Hive queen? hmm.. something to think about.
                            It was the baby. That's also how she was able to control the hive ship more easily than in the past. Her being pregnant is the only thing that's different, besides the uniforms, I mean.

Comment

Ahh yes.. i forgot about that. Still more explanation is needed. A mere baby should not tip the balance of mental power between a Wraith Queen and Teyla.. Wraith queen supposedly being way more powerful than Teyla..

Comment

Working...
                              X