Wraith "Starforge"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
    are wraith ships actually built though, they seem to be mostly organic so maybe theyre grown somehow
    One massive wraith queen squeezes them out in a painful yet satisfying way.

I know, bad times.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
      i think the hives grow from many of the drones, that could explain the wraith telephatic control of the ship
      I like that idea.. but it makes me squeamish when you think how many times our heroes have been 'tied up' in those ships.

Comment

It seemed to me they build a frame out of inorganic stuff and grow the ship around it.

Comment

something i would like tptb to say is that the reason why the wraith dont just clone people for feeding is that ...(i dont have one but that is one thing i think they should explain.... its eating away at me .... and yeh they need footies (masked wraith... im trying it out for a while) to fly darts....???
          You know how to make yourself sound like a creep, end every sentence by saying LADIES...

I am Thor... Supreme Commander of the Asgard flett... Ladies

Comment

Propably they have a good way of building ships, but i doubt we will ever see that since we know that they have very few wraith who even know enough about the ships to actually do repairs on them (can't remember what episode we learned this, but it was some time after the Wraith started to fight each other), how would they then go about making new ones?
            Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
            Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
              Propably they have a good way of building ships, but i doubt we will ever see that since we know that they have very few wraith who even know enough about the ships to actually do repairs on them (can't remember what episode we learned this, but it was some time after the Wraith started to fight each other), how would they then go about making new ones?
              That was Allies and I am pretty sure he was lying to McKay because at the time he was saying this they were able to upgrade their hyperdrives to intergalactic.

Comment

i must go with metal frames (cpu systems) and let the organic grow over it and they use the clones to suicide crash

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
                  Probably not and I doubt I'd want to see that any more than the inside of the Cylon raiders. Seeing that made me sick.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Orlin2000 View Post
                    something i would like tptb to say is that the reason why the wraith dont just clone people for feeding is that ...(i dont have one but that is one thing i think they should explain.... its eating away at me .... and yeh they need footies (masked wraith... im trying it out for a while) to fly darts....???
                    The Wraith have a very flawed management of the food resources. They should be smart enough so that after so many thousands of years they could come up with something better and more efficient than culling sparsely populated planets inhabited by a just few tribes .

There are at least two options:
                    - cloning humans is the first choice.
                    - creating some real, efficient farms for growing humans to be fed upon. The idea may be creepy, but there are no reasons why it would not be acceptable from the Wraiths' point of view. With the proper indoctrination it would be possible to achieve anything: even have millions of humans eager to be fed upon ...

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                      It seemed to me they build a frame out of inorganic stuff and grow the ship around it.
                      Makes sense. I also agree with HyperspaceDaemon that the Wraith probably grew their own food during their war with the Ancients. They'd need to do that after they wiped out every human world in Pegasus before going after the Ancients. Otherwise they couldn't keep up a war like that, even with clones and Wraith worshippers.

Who says the supply ships only carried humans?
                      It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                      --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

During the war the galaxy had been inhabited for million years or more. There were most likely thousands of planets with millions of people.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          OK, so the Wraith used cloning technology to defeat the Ancients, however I just see one slight problem with this, they fought in space.

So it begs the question, if the Wraith was able to pull a Clone War, how were the able to manafactuer so many ships for these Wraith to use? I could probably see some form of planetary combat, cloned Wraith would be perfect for this type of combat but how would this would have actually played out?

Clone Warriors are used as canon fodder on planetary combat, while all the originals are used for space flight? Or do the Wraith have some ability to mass produce ships on a scale we've never seen?
                          That was my thought exactly! As I listened to the Wraith narrating about their unstoppable vast armies, the image of Malak standing on the bridge of the Star Forge just swam into my mind!

I guess it´s just one more plothole. On the other hand, the whole cloning business is a rather nice patch on a much bigger plothole of how the hell could the Wraith not be swatted by the Ancients right away in the first place.

Beside the point, I wanted to ask you where you got your sig, SaberBlade? It looks very good. The ship is apparently based on the Asgard O´Neill, but not quite it. If you made the model, may I ask in which application? Thanks, PM me if you´d like.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Jansky View Post
                            That was my thought exactly! As I listened to the Wraith narrating about their unstoppable vast armies, the image of Malak standing on the bridge of the Star Forge just swam into my mind!

I guess it´s just one more plothole. On the other hand, the whole cloning business is a rather nice patch on a much bigger plothole of how the hell could the Wraith not be swatted by the Ancients right away in the first place.

Beside the point, I wanted to ask you where you got your sig, SaberBlade? It looks very good. The ship is apparently based on the Asgard O´Neill, but not quite it. If you made the model, may I ask in which application? Thanks, PM me if you´d like.
                            I believe the actual ship image came from a wallpaper while the cut out (render) came from another site (the same person also did another version of the ship and a 304 which I think were also cut from wallpapers). The background I did myself.

--

I can't see Ancients growing their own food. The Ancients populated many planets so the ability to feed all these Wraith was perhaps quite easy considering the amount of populated planets. The Keeper did say that Pegasus 10,000 years ago had billions of people to feed on, which possibly included Ancients as well as humans. Why clone food when you've got billions to feed upon when you can use what limited ZPM's available to make sure the Ancients were wiped out.

With the potential to feed a clone army, it still makes me think that the Wraith had to create ships. It was said that no matter how many ships the Ancients destroyed, more kept coming and coming as if there were infinite ships, with infinite Wraith.

sigpic

Comment

haha! Someone's been playing too much Knights of the Old Republic
                              *goes back to beating Rakatans' arses*

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                                OK, so the Wraith used cloning technology to defeat the Ancients, however I just see one slight problem with this, they fought in space.

So it begs the question, if the Wraith was able to pull a Clone War, how were the able to manafactuer so many ships for these Wraith to use? I could probably see some form of planetary combat, cloned Wraith would be perfect for this type of combat but how would this would have actually played out?

Clone Warriors are used as canon fodder on planetary combat, while all the originals are used for space flight? Or do the Wraith have some ability to mass produce ships on a scale we've never seen?
                                In science & tech forum, we had a thread where we speculated on the machines the Wraith used to fight and to produce more ships.

That cloning facility is most disappointing.
                                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                                X