Wraith "Starforge"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith "Starforge"?

OK, so the Wraith used cloning technology to defeat the Ancients, however I just see one slight problem with this, they fought in space.

So it begs the question, if the Wraith was able to pull a Clone War, how were the able to manafactuer so many ships for these Wraith to use? I could probably see some form of planetary combat, cloned Wraith would be perfect for this type of combat but how would this would have actually played out?

Clone Warriors are used as canon fodder on planetary combat, while all the originals are used for space flight? Or do the Wraith have some ability to mass produce ships on a scale we've never seen?

sigpic

it's probably idiot what i m going to say but maybe they use these wraith warriors to build new ships?

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
      So it begs the question, if the Wraith was able to pull a Clone War, how were the able to manafactuer so many ships for these Wraith to use? I could probably see some form of planetary combat, cloned Wraith would be perfect for this type of combat but how would this would have actually played out?

Clone Warriors are used as canon fodder on planetary combat, while all the originals are used for space flight? Or do the Wraith have some ability to mass produce ships on a scale we've never seen?
      It's an interesting thought indeed and I wonder if we'll ever see how they're produced. Then again, I'm not sure I'd want too

Presuming those ships need some kind of natural resource to create, I'd guess that they would use the grunts to secure whatever raw materials are needed to grow(?) them. Presuming the hives need some kind of manual labour to build/grow/construct, well they've got no shortage of obediant manpower thanks to the clones.

The question is kind of it's own answer in some respects.

Comment

Well that is a interesting question. Maybe more man power equals more ships. And they use them to work in the ship yards. But the real question is how long do the Warriors live with out food?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
          Well that is a interesting question. Maybe more man power equals more ships. And they use them to work in the ship yards. But the real question is how long do the Warriors live with out food?
          Well, they can feed off each other so I suppose if they had continuous use of the cloning facility they could produce enough warriors to not have to really worry about it. And as far a cloning humans goes, they'd either have to wait 15-20 years for them to reach suitable maturity or have another facility like that to fast grow them.

Comment

I'm sure they've got some huge shipyards that we've just never seen... at least not yet
            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

If they had something as massive as the cloning facility, I'm sure there is some Wraith ship building facility we have yet to see.

Vala,

Comment

It's likely the wraight factions have ship building facilities known only to the queen, leader or commander of each factions, spread out everywhere in the Pegasus galaxy, and each facilty uses worker wraights and humans. Like what Dr Lee said, 'Space is quite vast'.

Comment

are wraith ships actually built though, they seem to be mostly organic so maybe theyre grown somehow

Comment

theres a really big bad wraight queen out there somewhere with an umbilical that spits out hive ships. The ships come out as really, really small pine cones at first, but in time it will start to shed its skin and grow. Add a little bit of water on the fresh skin and it expands to this huge hive ship.
                    Last edited by andromeda_dan; 12 January 2008, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                      are wraith ships actually built though, they seem to be mostly organic so maybe theyre grown somehow
                      The ship uses the organic materials left over from the feeding process to grow.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                        The ship uses the organic materials left over from the feeding process to grow.
                        Where did you get that from?

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                          Where did you get that from?
                          Pure, complete speculation, but not outside the realm of possibility.
                          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

i think the hives grow from many of the drones, that could explain the wraith telephatic control of the ship

Comment

Originally posted by ijffdrie View Post
                              i think the hives grow from many of the drones, that could explain the wraith telephatic control of the ship
                              That's highly possible.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X