X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amanda Tapping may or may not want a ninth season

http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...b0dfe0087f428a

The link to the article is also posted on the main page of gateworld of course, but I just figured I'd put the link above.

I am thinking that if Amanda succeeds in having a baby - and I hope she does as there is nothing I can think of that is worse for a couple than to have a miscarriage - but anyway, assuming she has a successful pregnancy, then I would think that March would be too late for her to start filming for a ninth Stargate SG-1 season even if Sci-Fi wanted it. And even if she does have the baby in time, will she want to be apart from it long enough to make a show?

With both RDA and AT not having time for the show, I think it's time to think that the series is definitely at an end (no ifs or buts). However, hopefully RDA and AT have time to make the movie or movies following the end of the series....
    Last edited by Steel_Thunder; 16 October 2004, 06:03 PM.

I think- luckily now that we have this news most fans would be okay about there not being a season 9- now all of the cast are content. But- in fairness if they really wanted to they could hide or write in Amanda's pregnancy so it's not really her being the cause- I mean if Rick decides he doesn't want to do it that would be a very big factor aswell. But luckily as I said most of the fans I've talked to would be satisfied with 8 being the end- more so now after Amanda's great news.

Comment

Ok i'm gonna play devils advocate a bit here, but does a kid really end everything, i mean i get what you are saying about the march date making filming a problem, but whats to say carter won't get stuck somewhere for a period of time. Granted it would limit the stories, but still, it would get them a series out, maybe bring back jonas or something to fill in the blanks...

Hows about a new sg-1:

Daniel Jackson
      Teal'c
      Bra'tac
      Jonas Quinn
      Maybourne (for the first 5 minutes, then teal'c can dismember him just like he always wanted to)

just to round that off btw, congrats to AT, i was fine with season 8 as it stood as the end, but even so, i'd still like to see a season 9. Then again, if they make it bad it'll just over shadow all the good stuff, so i guess ending on a high with 8 could be good. Stick a movie in, show teal'c living life large or something and job done
      "General, request permission to beat the crap out of this man." - O'Neill vs Maybourne, Series 2: "Bane"

Comment

Originally posted by Warmaster Devilfish
        Hows about a new sg-1:
        No thanks. Seriously, if you have to replace half the cast at once in order to keep the show going, it's better to just quit while you're ahead.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Not to point out the obvious, but AT has clearly known about the baby for longer than we have, and the information was still that she was fine with doing another season.

I don't see any reason why this would change just because she's just announced the news.

Comment

No, I don't think that completely replacing SG-1 with new people, even if it is Bre'tac, would be a good idea. It would be like the X-Files all over again. However, Sam could also be expecting, and have an on-base role...
            A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

there are ways to get around it.

they could hide the pregnancy, come up with and AU sam who happens to be pregnant, sam could take a few eps off, they could start taping late for a sept start instead of july

there ARE ways to get around it. And i'm sure they're all being thought of.

Now if amanda chooses to not participate, good for her.. If they do a s9 without her, i'll either watch or not watch but at the end of the day it's just a tv show...and unless it's 60 minutes, they all run thier course and end eventually
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                there ARE ways to get around it. And i'm sure they're all being thought of.
                For example: Think of the way they worked MS appendix operation in. They made it a part of the story line.

Comment

Originally posted by Warmaster Devilfish
                  Hows about a new sg-1:

Daniel Jackson
                  Teal'c
                  Bra'tac
                  Jonas Quinn
                  Maybourne (for the first 5 minutes, then teal'c can dismember him just like he always wanted to)
                  SG-1 (N) comes up upon Jaffa encamped around the gate.

B: I will go in, and pretend that I am still a jaffa. I know I have used this manuever many a time, and many a time I have been caught, but I SHALL DIE FREE!!!!

T: You are wise Master Bra'tac.

J: I don't think that will work. I think..

B: YOU THINK NOTHING!

D: [shoots maybourne in the face]

Everyone looks at him.

D: Look, we all know we were going to do it anyway. Now lets run around and get to the gate, as the Jaffa have to come over here to find out what that gun shot was. Lets go team.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                  [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I dont see how they couldnt wokr the pregnancy into the show. Carter is getting married ya know.
                    "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Meh!

Make Sam and Pete have a bebe! They're married! It's not bad for the moral right!

Comment

well it would certainly make a good comedy fanfic!
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

If the show ends, then so be it. Why does anyone have to be at blame for it ending? Jeez. If it isn't RDA wanting to spend more time with his kids (gosh, why doesn't he just move his family to Vancouver??) it's Amanda being pregnant (they can cover it up!!). Good gad, people, can't we just let the show end gracefully without all the hysterics and rabid machinations? And excuse me, but miscarriage??! Who even considers such a thought??! Just BE HAPPY for Amanda and her hubby and their kidlet-to-be. Sheesh. This is supposed to be a time of CELEBRATION, not doomcasting and finger pointing.

I, for one, am THRILLED that Amanda is preggers and if her ebullience at conventions and her way with people are any indication, she'll be an excellent mom.

Comment

I would like to say a few things.

One, Michael Shanks took leave to be with his family more and he is now expecting another child on the way. (He isn't pregnant himself )
                            What happened? He still ended up coming back.

I do believe that Amanda being pregnant will cause a ripple effect so to speak though. For one it happened at a very troubling time. RDA doesn't seem to want to do another season and Amanda Tapping will definitely be away.

But at the same time I was thinking, you guys have most definitely heard about the Official Stargate Magazine. Well, won't a 9th season help boost sales for said magazine?

Another thing that comes to mind now- will they end this season with Amanda being pregnant with Pete's child? Will that be how it ends? Amanda getting married and moving away for a "normal" life? Daniel dying and becoming an ascended one once again? Teal'c returning to his homeworld to fight for control over the Goa'uld with his rebel Jaffa team? And last RDA retiring?

One thing is for sure, whatever happens, it is going to be taking place this season. Get ready for some changes.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              If the show ends, then so be it. Why does anyone have to be at blame for it ending? Jeez. If it isn't RDA wanting to spend more time with his kids (gosh, why doesn't he just move his family to Vancouver??) it's Amanda being pregnant (they can cover it up!!). Good gad, people, can't we just let the show end gracefully without all the hysterics and rabid machinations? And excuse me, but miscarriage??! Who even considers such a thought??! Just BE HAPPY for Amanda and her hubby and their kidlet-to-be. Sheesh. This is supposed to be a time of CELEBRATION, not doomcasting and finger pointing.

I, for one, am THRILLED that Amanda is preggers and if her ebullience at conventions and her way with people are any indication, she'll be an excellent mom.
                              Amen, Shadow. If the actors are willing to make the commitment to do another season, great. I hope they have a good time making it. If not, great. I hope they have a wonderful time with their families, and with new projects.

I wish people would stop blaming RDA for wanting to spend time with his daughter, or blaming AT for wanting to have a baby. There's no one cause for the uncertainty surrounding SG-1's end. And quite frankly, I think it's rude to blame actors for wanting to have more time for their personal lives. No one blames a manager for wanting to change his schedule in order to be home when his kids get home from school. No one should blame any of the actors for wanting more time with their children, either.

EDIT: And it's bloody unlikely that they've written it into the show. They've wrapped already, and she's probably not showing yet. (First pregnancies tend not to be obvious as early as subsequent ones do. And yes, I know this isn't technically her first, but from the message on her site I got the impression that this is the first she's carried this far.) With her due in mid-March, they could potentially delay a season premiere by a month or two in order to give her more time off. There's absolutely no reason to write the baby into the show. And I'm not even going to get started on the spoilers concerning Pete in the second half of the season.
                              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                              Last update: 14 April 2006
                              Melyanna's Multimedia
                              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Working...
                              X