X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are hive queens born? Spoilers of War spoilers

Spoiler:
    I just watched SoW and we find out how the males are created. I have two questions though. How did they reproduce before they got the zpms to power the machine and how are hive queens made.
    sigpic

Spoiler:
    The zpms were needed just to power the facility.

Wraith are made by transfering genetic material and put into an egg.

Queens are probably born different as seen from "INSTINCT" because they are children.
    Visit my Website

Comment

They're made by the same Alterran hating wizard who made the ships and weapons for that Wraith army of doom.

I think his name is Chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
        Spoiler:
        The zpms were needed just to power the facility.
        Spoiler:
        And enable mass-cloning of the new soldiers that the Queen seeded.

Comment

Spoiler:
          The Wraith were orginially losing the war againist the Ancients. Through painstaking process they gathered three ZPM's and built a massive cloning facility. That place only made Wraith warriors that would wear the ugly face masks. From the looks of the one wraith coming out that there are some problems with the process. But it works well enough for foot soldiers.

in SOW the Wraith are in a civil war, and one of the queens was going to use the facility to overpower the others.

Also remember the episode AURORA were the Ancients had found a secret to wraith Tech, one that could turn the tide of battle. Disabling a large perctage of the population could be a big one. Collect enough bodies and even the ancients would notice the the clones.

Comment

i supose the wraith are essentialy very advanced ants . think about it a "hive "where they all live and operate from ,"a queen" the leader ,"worker/soldiers" both gather, build and maintain the empire , to me the similarities are imposible to argue with
            sigpic
            Sig For Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cban View Post
              i supose the wraith are essentialy very advanced ants . think about it a "hive "where they all live and operate from ,"a queen" the leader ,"worker/soldiers" both gather, build and maintain the empire , to me the similarities are imposible to argue with
              More bee than ant. They are very advance humanoid bug. I think that part has been stressed million times. BEE...

Comment

This does actually explain a lot. Lets divide the Wraith into "Scientists" and "Drones".

The Drones have always shown a lack of self preservation, from kamikaze attacks to suicide bombs. The Scientists (Michael, Todd, etc) have always shown a dedication to survival that contrasts.

Can it then be said the Drones are a different sort, mass produced this way, and that the Scientists are bloodborn children, so to speak?

Comment

Spoilers of war?
                  Spoiler:
                  War is hell?
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Ranlier View Post
                    This does actually explain a lot. Lets divide the Wraith into "Scientists" and "Drones".

The Drones have always shown a lack of self preservation, from kamikaze attacks to suicide bombs. The Scientists (Michael, Todd, etc) have always shown a dedication to survival that contrasts.

Can it then be said the Drones are a different sort, mass produced this way, and that the Scientists are bloodborn children, so to speak?
                    This is the most likely explanation I think. The drones are looked at as largely disposable and in general do not seem to have any sort of personality or desire to do anything other than serve the hive.

While it's not clear how the faced wraith are made I wouldn't be surprised if it was different somehow. We know for a fact the queens start out as children so they might as well.

Comment

Being of insectoid origin, Wraith queens should not be shown to have breasts, which are strictly specific to mammals and their kin. The Wraith have no use for lactation. It's quite silly to bring up, but it has began to annoy me.
                      sigpic

Comment

it does not annoy me at all

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                          Being of insectoid origin, Wraith queens should not be shown to have breasts, which are strictly specific to mammals and their kin. The Wraith have no use for lactation. It's quite silly to bring up, but it has began to annoy me.
                          They're also part human, and maybe they feed milk to the baby non-soldier Wraith. Heck maybe that's what makes them non-soldier Wraith.
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

I'm not going to put this in spoilers because the topic title says there are spoilers.

I've just read the Gateworld transcript for this episode and one thing really puzzles me. We're told that the Queen supplied the genetic material for the warriors but the Queen was a female. Why weren't the warriors she produced female?

As for the faced males, maybe they still hatch from eggs. There are also groups which look very alike such as the Steve, Bob, 'Allies' Scientist ones we saw in Seasons 1 and 2 and various Wraith scientists we've seen recently. Yes, the real reason is that they use the same actors to play various Wraith but, in the context of the Stargate universe, it ought to mean something significant. The Queens also look very alike so maybe they are all descended from the same female who was the first true Wraith.

Originally posted by Dusk
                            Maybe they're just part of the general humanised body structure even though they serve no purpose. It's likely that the males have features which are redundant too. After all, we never heard any different even in a gentle hint about anatomical differences.

On the other hand, maybe Queens produce new females by parthenogenesis and give birth to them after the mammalian fashion so they are infants who (a) need milk and (b) look just like mother when they grow up. A dual reproductive system would be very unusual but so is an insect/human hybrid.
                            sigpic

Comment

They firtilise eggs/pods with genetic material, so I should imagine thats how they are born naturally, but in this facility they fertilise them en masse. This raises the question, we know how they increased the number of sldiers so quickly but how did they build so many ships so quickly?
                              Best quotes ever:
                              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                              Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
                              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                              Thor:I like the yellow ones
                              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X