Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earth now the ultimate power in the Stargate Universe? (AoT spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth now the ultimate power in the Stargate Universe? (AoT spoilers)

After watching BAMSR, Spoils and AoT, it seems like Earth ships are head and shoulders above anything in the Stargate Universe. Ancient and Ori Ships no match. Hives no match. Ha'Tak no match. Seems the Tech balance has shifted well into Earth's favor. The Stargate Program has fulfilled its mission.

All this with less then .0001 % of the population involved. Anything im missing?

Well you can't attribute it to just the humans. Prometheus incorporated Goa'uld, Asgard, and Ancient technology and the 304s rely heavily on Asgard technology without which they would hardly be head and shoulders above anything.

Comment

True. BUT, Earth had teh SGC and the Stargate Program that mandated securing tech to protect earth. So Earth now controls that tech and have become far superior to any other known races (asgard are gone).

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
        Well you can't attribute it to just the humans. Prometheus incorporated Goa'uld, Asgard, and Ancient technology and the 304s rely heavily on Asgard technology without which they would hardly be head and shoulders above anything.
        That's true
        sigpic
        Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

You could possibly argue that the wraith are a threat because of numbers... but i counter Earth actually has the superior numbers.. 6 Billion +.

Comment

And the thing about the Asgard technology is this: the SGC's mandate didn't secure that technology, SG-1 did. They didn't secure such a cozy relationship through random exploratory missions, they did it through personality and personal strength of character on behalf of the members of the team. Both O'Neill and Carter could be thought of as instrumental to the (granted, short-term) survival of the race (for "New Order" and "Small Victories" respectively) and Daniel was so well thought of that they named a ship for him.

If you put other people on SG-1 or in command of the SGC, it's possible that the SG teams would either be nothing but criminals (a la Meybourne and "Shades of Grey") or the Asgard would simply regard them neutrally or never be encountered at all.
            Last edited by Jeffala; 12 January 2008, 05:31 PM. Reason: The boards don't render accented characters properly.

Comment

Very True. Let me be more specific. Earth had SG-1. Which yadda yadda yadda turns into what we have now. So the question remains, Is Earth the ultimate power now in the stargate universe. I have to say Yes.

Comment

Also, if anyone wants to fill in the blanks for me, please do. In my head I have the sequence of events that lead to the fall of the ancients was:

1)Plague. Wipes out large number of Ancients.

2) Ancients move to Pegasus, start over in very small numbers.

3) Wraith able to overwhelm small number of ancients with inferior tech.

4) Earth now has the tech AND the numbers. Earth to control Universe untill next story arc?

Comment

Amongst the known foes of the two galaxies in which Earth has a presence, they have a distinct advantage in terms of shields and weapons.

Ship numbers is a different story. There are three* battleships and they're really powerful, but, realistically, even three really powerful ships won't last long a much larger enemy fleet (60 or so hives?).

*spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  A possible fourth Earth ship, the Phoenix, will be introduced in Season 4's "The Last Man".
                  Last edited by Jeffala; 12 January 2008, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I imagine they will have to keep the building of earth's fleet a slow process.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
                      I wonder if they build them underground like they did Prometheus. Along that line, if they are built underground, do they have to build them one at a time or are there multiple "bays" in the underground production facility?

A smart idea would be to build one ship to act as a sentry, and then start building the ships off-world, like at the Alpha (or Beta or Gamma) Site or something and have the sentry ship protect the installation.

Of course, fabrication facilities would have to be built and it would probably take a long time for the site to become operational.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
                        I really do look forward to seeing more ships for Earth. This is the end result of the Stargate Program achieving it's goals, and I'm excited to see where things go.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          I really do look forward to seeing more ships for Earth. This is the end result of the Stargate Program achieving it's goals, and I'm excited to see where things go.
                          Second that!
                          I've really liked all the ships that have appeared on stargate so far especially the Earth vessels, I can't wait to see what the next ship class is going to be like...

Comment

They would be built in covered dry docks just like aircraft carriers.

Comment

Jeffala's nitpicking about who did what. The final result is here for all to see.

Earth has the power sources, tech and synthetizers to cure all illnesses on Earth and problems, etc. They can synthetize more synthetizers. They can use Atlantis' database, search for a keyword like ZPM, find blueprints and put them through the synthetized (it worked for the ARG).
                              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Working...
                              X