No announcement yet.

Australian Con's 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was going to be in both Melb & Syd mid november - run by Culture Shock/First Contact Conventions

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
      Very sad news - the "Dialin' the Gate" con had to be cancelled This is the first event these guys have ever had to cancel so they're not taking it lightly and talking to the guys about coming over another time. Their website isn't updated yet.
      Originally posted by pfalcon64 View Post
      Errr, which event was this? Who was running it - apart from BOBW I wasn't aware of anything thats been cancelled recently, nor an Australian event of that name?
      Originally posted by Tal View Post
      it was going to be in both Melb & Syd mid november - run by Culture Shock/First Contact Conventions
      Just got the email to say that the Gary Jones event in November has been cancelled...is so not happy but things like this happen. It may just have been to close to Armageddon me thinks...oh well...better luck next time!
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
        Just got the email to say that the Gary Jones event in November has been cancelled...is so not happy but things like this happen. It may just have been to close to Armageddon me thinks...oh well...better luck next time!
        I agree, think it was probably too close to armageddon

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          Possibly, i think it's probably more of a money issue for most people as in lots of people will be spending quite a lot at Armageddon leaving not a lot for that one! Such a shame though i was getting sooo excited over it, i brought a flightsuit and all Oh well, it can wait until they have a new date i spose!

Comment

I just found out why I was surprised about this - Scotty emailed the ticket holders, and forgot to copy in his team/helpers...sigh.

We will be taking him "around the back" and letting him know what we thought about that later...
            If you'd like to know what Aussie conventions are like, check out my website and the older one too.

Comment

oops.....sorry you had to hear about it through me

Comment

Originally posted by pfalcon64 View Post
                I just found out why I was surprised about this - Scotty emailed the ticket holders, and forgot to copy in his team/helpers...sigh.

We will be taking him "around the back" and letting him know what we thought about that later...
                *shock* Bad Scotty! Don't be too hard on him, else we might not get them back agnother time! Heehee But yeah shame about it, i was REALLY looking forward to it, as were a LOT of other people. Obviously not enough though

Comment

Looks like they're hoping to reschedule for Apr/May

Comment

I know this is an old post, but I'm rediscovering my love for this show, and Teryl. The images you posted are no longer viewable, and I was wondering if you had them anywhere else I could see them. Your meeting with Teryl sounds like it was fun...I enjoyed reading it. Thank you. Kathleen

Comment

Working...
                    X