No announcement yet.

Australian Con's 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the updated info for the upcoming conventions in Australia...

http://cultureshockexpo.com//index.php

http://supanova.com.au/

So we have Teryl and Jewel for Supanova in Melbourne and Brisbane and an extra guest, Gary Graham, with Chris Judge in Melbourne and Sydney!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Just for those who are also interested in more casual meetings of Sci-Fi fans (and live in Sydney), there are monthly meetings of the 'Friends Of Science Fiction' group at Bankstown Sports Club.

March's meeting is this Sunday, March 9th (tomorrow) from 9am until 6pm.
      Bankstown Sports Club is on Greenfield Avenue, Bankstown.

It's an enjoyable day - I go along every month to catch up with friends and see a few shows that I wouldn't be bothered seeing otherwise! And I think they're still showing the backend of S3 Atlantis, so that's something to mosey along to!

Incidentally, if this isn't the place to post these announcements, then I'm sorry.

For the curious, FSF is affiliated with Armageddon events, and they were the ones who brought Torri Higginsen and Rainbow Sun Franks out to Sydney in 2005 and Rachel Luttrell, David Nykl, and Tony Amendola in 2006. Both events were awesome, and it was off those cons that I started coming to meetings and making friends with other local sci-fi fans.

Sel.

Comment

Originally posted by seldear View Post
        Just for those who are also interested in more casual meetings of Sci-Fi fans (and live in Sydney), there are monthly meetings of the 'Friends Of Science Fiction' group at Bankstown Sports Club.
        March's meeting is this Sunday, March 9th (tomorrow) from 9am until 6pm.
        Bankstown Sports Club is on Greenfield Avenue, Bankstown.
        It's an enjoyable day - I go along every month to catch up with friends and see a few shows that I wouldn't be bothered seeing otherwise! And I think they're still showing the backend of S3 Atlantis, so that's something to mosey along to!
        Incidentally, if this isn't the place to post these announcements, then I'm sorry.
        For the curious, FSF is affiliated with Armageddon events, and they were the ones who brought Torri Higginsen and Rainbow Sun Franks out to Sydney in 2005 and Rachel Luttrell, David Nykl, and Tony Amendola in 2006. Both events were awesome, and it was off those cons that I started coming to meetings and making friends with other local sci-fi fans.

Sel.
        That's awesome Sel...I wish I could go along to those meetings but I'm in Melbourne...must ask the boys if they have one of those things down here...if you ever make it to Melbourne for an event, please PM me or email me and we could meet up...if you like...I volunteered at Armageddon last year and met Rachel, David and Tony when they came out.
        I missed out on meeting Torri and Rainbow...maybe next time!
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

So I'm thinking this should be a good place to place this little run down of my experience at my first ever Supanova event...I'm still trying to consolidate the days events...all I can say is that I am so glad that I got the day off work and was able to attend.

Supanova: Melbourne 2008

Ok! So here it goes...bear with me...I'm not that good at this...even though this is my 3rd time.

Niki and I just got home from Supanova in Melbourne and we had a great time!
          Of course the highlight for us was meeting Teryl and Jewel who are both deliciously lovely in RL as they are on screen...and Teryl...OMG...the woman is just the best!!
          Let me try to get this right from the beginning!
          We got to the event nice and early in the cold wet weather that we have been so blessed to have down here in Melbourne, only to find that because we had pre purchased our tickets, we were right near the front of the line…so we kinda got all excited about that.
          Then when we finally got in, we headed straight to the autograph and photograph table and pre purchased our photo and auto op tickets….we were third in line…so that was cool too. We also met some pretty awesome nice people while waiting in line…even some old friends like Locky, Smiley and Sarah!!
          So while we just stood there in line waiting…and waiting…and waiting…and waiting, for Teryl and Jewel to arrive, we just chatted to a few other patrons. Then in came John Rhys Davies…and although I do know he was on Indiana Jones, I really wasn’t there to meet him but I said hello and shook his hand anyway…he was lovely! Then Teryl and Jewel arrived…and I got really excited. It was like…”OMG, Teryl’s here…OMGOMGOMG!!!” So I got myself together and went over to Jewel and introduced Niki and me then shook her hand. She was so sweet. A lot taller than I thought she’d be! So we chatted for about a minute at the autograph table…can’t remember what about but she was really lovely!
          Then we moved over to Teryl. Man…she is wicked…and I mean…WICKED!!!
          Again I introduced Niki and myself and we started chatting…and somehow the subject of being wacky came up and I said…”that’s ok, I’m wacky too…it’s normal to be wacky”…she was like…”wow...me too!”. So she signed her picture with…
          “To Chelle, my fellow wacko, Teryl Rothery”
          I just about squee’ed the house down!! So I asked Teryl if the session she was doing at 11.30 was a Q&A and she said she believed it was and I kinda told her that I had a question I was itching to ask her…so I asked her to yell out to me when she was off to the Q&A and she said she’d see me there!!
          So off to the photograph line we choofed…again first in line!! I’m telling you, normally we’re the last in line or the last to arrive…but today it all went like clockwork…even better!
          Teryl came over and we had our photo taken with her. As I was trying to spread the word about Sanctuary, I asked her if she could wear my Sanctuary hat in the photo to which she graciously accepted! So more chatter and fun and frivolity in the photo booth was had.
          Then we had our photo op with Jewel and I asked her about the recent interview with Amanda Tapping where she called her a spottie and I said to her…”You’re a spottie now too”…she was like…”Oh thank you so much”…yep…it was cool!
          So Niki and I headed over to the Teryl Q&A only to find it had already started!
          We sat down near the front…I think it was the third row if I recall correctly!
          I couldn’t wait to ask her my question so as soon as the opportunity arose, I stuck up my hand and believe it or not, Teryl recognized me and called me by my name…which was totally awesome!! I was so tickled pink…she was like…”Chelle has a question”…oh man it was cool!
          So my first question to her was actually two in one.
          I’ll try to recall what I said and what Teryl said as best as I can…so bear with me!
          (Chelle): I have a two part question for you. One, can you do an Australian accent without sounding like a New Zealander? (got a few laughs from that one for some strange reason) and when you were in Vancouver last year you sang a song to a guy named Rick…you sang Big Spender…
          (to which Teryl looked a little surprised)
          (Teryl): What? You saw that? How did you see that?
          (Chelle): It’s on you tube
          (Teryl): It is? Really? It’s on you tube? (Teryl says a few other things about how surprised she is that the Vancouver thing is on you tube)
          (Chelle): Yeah. I just wanted to know, when you were setting up the song, you said something to the guy out that back that it was for a guy…did you have something set up in case it was a girl?
          (Teryl): The Vancouver convention was with Creation Entertainment and I did some cabaret work with them and they set up 4 songs that I could use so that’s how that came about…
          (Teryl): I’m not sure if I can do Australian accent…(Teryl tries to do an Aussie accent but fails miserably…even with help from the audience!)
          (Chelle): Was there ever a scene in any episode where you were laughing so much that it was difficult to film afterwards?
          (Teryl): Yes…you remember that episode from the future…
          (Chelle and friends): 2010
          (Teryl): Yeah that one…there was this scene where I was supposed to be talking to this alien guy named…???
          (Chelle and friends again): Mollem…also known as Melon!!
          (Teryl): Mollem…and he was supposed to be in front of me then move away to his next shot in the scene and I was supposed to keep looking straight ahead but I ended up looking straight at him so I was like “arghh…ugh…(Teryl continues to demonstrate her frustration at stuffing up the scene with grunts and the like)…and they wouldn’t yell “cut” so I started giggling a little and it gradually gets worse and Michael Shanks is still doing his lines and looking at me and then Amanda starts to laugh too…and I wet my pants…I really did!!!
          We were in stitches…of course this is roughly how the conversation went…please don’t quote me word for word…but it was pretty much like this and we just cracked up laughing so much…she’s such a cracker!!
          Then another member of the audience asked if she would like to work on Sanctuary…and Nik and I just cheered and screamed like the fangirls we are….and Teryl said she would love to work on Sanctuary…yay!!!
          Someone also asked why she was cut from the show…and Teryl did her best to tell us how and why it happened…I still think it was a huge mistake to kill off Janet Fraiser.
          The Q&A was brilliant…Teryl let a magic word slip and it was hilarious how she tried to cover it up. So much more happened...I really can't remember it all very clearly...I hope some others who were there and who might happen to read this will be able to add to this.
          I hope that there will be a dvd of the session coz it is so worth watching…absolutely fantastic!
          After the Q&A ended we headed back to the main pavilion and had another look around at the goodies there. I ended up buying Firefly and Serenity and the last 2 Harry Potter dvd’s.
          Then we headed back over to the autograph table where we once again met up with J, Locky, Sarah and Jodie. After saying our goodbyes we quickly dashed over to Teryl and thanked her for coming out and asked that she return again to Melbourne and said our final goodbyes. I really, really hope she comes back and does a smaller event with just her fans…she really is incredible.
          It’s funny coz I can see a lot of me in Teryl…we’re both quite out there and we love our coffee!!!
          I can't wait to meet Chris in April...that's just gonna be brilliant!
          Overall, Supanova was great...certainly not the same as Armageddon but I really don't like to compare the two...I had a great time and would go again given the right guests. The venue was great and easy to park...can't speak much about the food as we really didn't have much there...hot chocolate was nice...it really was quite good there...I'm now setting my sights on Armageddon in November...woohoo...bring it on!!!

John Rhys Davies:

Teryl and Jewel arrive for the first round of autographs:

Teryl at the Q&A:

Niki and Teryl:

Niki and Jewel:

Teryl and me:

Jewel and me:

My autographed pic of Teryl:

Niki:

The two of us!!!:
          Last edited by Chelle DB; 29 March 2008, 02:40 AM.
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Lets see what I can add... Since I was sitting right behind you!
            Well a few seats over, but literally the row behind you. I just find that so surreal to realize afterwards that it was indeed you... yet we never met, haha.

Anyway, here is what I remember in random order of whatever I remember first.

Teryl borrowed some tissues from a woman near the back because she said her nose was running and kept promising she'd give the packet back, and eventually did.

Near the end of the Q&A people came in to see Michael Winslow whom was next. Teryl went right up the back of the room and greeted them, asking if they had questions, then making jokes about how they don't even know who she is because they're here for the next person

The youtube thing. She kept going on about how technologically stupid she is. She seemed very surprised that there was anything about here on youtube. And she told a story about someones phone... I can't recall whom. Someone on the set of White Noise 2? Not Nathan Fillion, someone else. Anyway, she was telling a story about how surprised she was that his phone could access the internet. Actually, now I remember, this story stemmed from a different question someone asked about funny things happening behind the scenes of White Noise 2. She couldn't recall anything funny that happened, but ended up telling that story that details how anti-technological she is

She also told a story about Chris Judge taping her to a chair with duct tape because she was ignoring him all day since he was snappy at her that morning. The incident then delayed shooting of the next scene because they had to literally cut her out of the chair and redo makeup etc.

When she let that magic word slip, she was standing like a foot away from a woman holding a small child Thats when she went ranting about a swear jar on set where they put $2 coins in whenever they swore when a child was on set. And Peter Deluise was the worst offender. Which reminds me of something else, she told a story about the episode Urgo. She bit into the inside of her cheek in that scene where Dom Deluise was making funny noises in her ear and such and she wasn't meant to be able to hear him, but it was really hard to keep a straight face. Then this lead on to talking about Peter and Dom's relationship on set. Instead of yelling "ACTION!" like usual he would kindly say "Ok, Dad. Whenever your ready." and it shocked everyone else on set, she thought it was sweet.

She also mentioned a movie she did called Threshold, and mentioned how bad of a movie it was. The kind that you don't want to put on your resume. She talked about one of the other actors in the movie who was now working on a Canadian TV series that she is also now in and how he does great work.

When Rob Cooper called her to tell her they were killing her off, she was upset and jokingly suggested they kill off Hammond instead. Then she felt bad and called Don to tell him what happened and apologize for suggesting they kill him off.

She also mentioned fan fiction at one stage. She told a story about reading this fanfic where Janet was in the shower with General Hammond. It was quite explicit, and she didn't spare us the details. Then she called Don and told him about it, they both read it and laughed about it. She later met the person who wrote it at a con or somewhere, I can't recall. She was surprise to find a tiny lady about her size had written it and was terrified when Teryl caught her out on it, hahaha!

Wow I remembered more than I expected. Hmm, but thats all for now. Her Australian accent is hilarious though. She just kept repeating what people in the audience would say but got it so wrong.
            Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Oh yeah...that was so funny...so I know now what I missed before in came in so late...the part about Urgo....you can tell when watching that show that they all had problems keeping a straight face!!
              That fan fiction story was just so awesome...and they way she went up to the MW fans and started chatting...oh man...she is really such a cracker!!
              Glad you remember all those things to...you should link it to other threads...I;'m laughing at remembering it all...yay!!
              And sitting on that French fella's knee while waiting for those two girls to get their camera sorted...lucky bugger!!!...I don't remember his name but I had chatted to him earlier...a very sweet guy!...with some awesome memories to take home!!
              Last edited by Chelle DB; 29 March 2008, 04:40 AM.
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                And sitting on that French fella's knee while waiting for those two girls to get their camera sorted...lucky bugger!!!...I don't remember his name but I had chatted to him earlier...a very sweet guy!...with some awesome memories to take home!!
                Ohh yeah! Completely forgot about that. She was very interactive with the audience... she couldn't keep still!

Lucky guy indeed. I think if she had done that to me my head would have exploded from all the blood rushing to it from blushing. Would have been an awful mess.
                Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidKal View Post
                  Ohh yeah! Completely forgot about that. She was very interactive with the audience... she couldn't keep still!

Lucky guy indeed. I think if she had done that to me my head would have exploded from all the blood rushing to it from blushing. Would have been an awful mess.
                  Hehe...it's funny coz I felt quite comfortable talking to her...she is so easy to talk to...like Don S Davis...I wish I could have chatted to her for longer!!
                  She loves her coffee!!!!
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

So I'm thinking this should be a good place to place this little run down of my experience at my first ever Supanova event...I'm still trying to consolidate the days events...all I can say is that I am so glad that I got the day off work and was able to attend.
                    Wow! Thank you for this great report and the wonderful pictures.

Just one question: Did Teryl gave any hint about playing Janet again in a future SG-movie?

Please say 'yes'!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Olli View Post
                      Wow! Thank you for this great report and the wonderful pictures.

Just one question: Did Teryl gave any hint about playing Janet again in a future SG-movie?

Please say 'yes'!
                      Actually...I don't think that was even bought up...I highly doubt they will have Dr Fraiser back but I'd have to say that if given the chance, Teryl would jump at it for sure!...and being sci fi...who knows!!!
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

loving this thread. thanks so much for the info about the cons people! it would be very awkward to ask them the same questions again and again

quick question, you keep saying TR loves coffee, would it be too weird if i buy her one? what type does she like?
                        "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                        "what?"
                        *throat punch*
                        My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                        LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Thanks Brad and Chelle for your write ups on the Saturday...it was really good to hear because I wasn't there!

Sunday 30th
                          Jewel Staite - Considering I was thinking that Jewels Talk was going to concern more of SGA today…there was only 1-2 questions asked concerning it. She mentioned about the wraith girl she played, and how they had asked her to come back to reprise the role but she told them that she wasn’t going to do it again, because of the prosthetics…but if they had another role that they could use her…to keep her in mind. Really the rest of the questions were mainly based on Firefly/Serenity. Ah I felt like I was surrounded by Firefly fans…I didn’t end up asking her a question, it’s a shame but I couldn’t decide which one I wanted to ask. Oh someone mentioned Vegemite…you should have seen her face
                          Jewel was great, she was very funny…some of the stories that she had were hilarious…but I didn’t enjoy her talk as much as I thought I would, mainly because I know nothing about Firefly.

Teryl Rothery - Teryl mentioned how she was pretty devastated when Fraiser was killed off. She said she hadn’t even seen the episode (Heroes) yet! She made a joke about how she finally gets to flirt with a guy and they kill her off…that Fraiser died a virgin. I then asked Teryl a question, though I had a feeling it may have been asked yesterday because she looks at me and goes..I’m glad that someone has asked that again..
                          Anyway my question was..How did it feel to come back and do the episode Ripple Effect? She went into a lot of detail but basically she said her feelings towards it was mixed...I think she really missed the old team! (not that she had anything against the new team, but I think she was just so used to working with DonSDavis and RDA)

Teryl was just awesome! She talked about how she had been a dancer..Oh and she gave a hilarious story about one time in S1…when Christopher Judge kept accidentally saying Janet Jackson instead of Daniel Jackson. She also mentioned about bits between Daniel and Janet in 2010…she mentioned Daniel/Janet Shippers…hehehe Janet/Hammond shippers. Overall, she came across as very down to Earth and I found her Q&A really informative

Edit: Teryl mentioned that she hoped that they had of killed off Hammond instead too!
                          Last edited by Amaunet; 30 March 2008, 05:38 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                            quick question, you keep saying TR loves coffee, would it be too weird if i buy her one? what type does she like?
                            You can always offer to buy her one...you can only get one of two responses...either a yes or a no...she had mentioned how she was kinda hyper and stuff and said she loved her coffee...I so know what she means...me without my coffee?....not nice!!!
                            Originally posted by Amaunet View Post
                            Teryl Rothery -
                            Anyway my question was..How did it feel to come back and do the episode Ripple Effect? She went into a lot of detail but basically she said her feelings towards it was mixed...I think she really missed the old team! (not that she had anything against the new team, but I think she was just so used to working with DonSDavis and RDA)
                            I should have asked her about how instrumental she was in introducing Don S Davis to his wife Ruby. When I met Don last year, I asked how it came about that Teryl had introduced Ruby to him...it was such a sweet romantic story...Don is such a romantic...a really really sweet guy!!
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

You can always offer to buy her one...you can only get one of two responses...either a yes or a no...she had mentioned how she was kinda hyper and stuff and said she loved her coffee...I so know what she means...me without my coffee?....not nice!!!

I should have asked her about how instrumental she was in introducing Don S Davis to his wife Ruby. When I met Don last year, I asked how it came about that Teryl had introduced Ruby to him...it was such a sweet romantic story...Don is such a romantic...a really really sweet guy!!
                              maybe when i line up for the autograph or photo i'll be drinking a coffee, and maybe make her jealous?

oh i'll ask her that! boy i'm asking her a heck of a lot of questions!
                              "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                              "what?"
                              *throat punch*
                              My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                              LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Hi Everybody.

Although I do not post in here a great deal infact this is only my second posting ever I have been asked by one of your Shipper regulars to do a run down of my day at Supernova on the Sunday that I attended so here goes.

I left home fairly early to try and get there before the crowds as I had not Pre-Purchased my ticket and I did not want to be stuck back because I wanted to get My autos Etc out of the way and was hoping to get into that queue as soon as possible, I might add that I was really there for 3 people, James Kyson Lee of Heroes fame, Teryl Rothery...But most of all for JEWEL I have been waiting for this day for a while and as chelle db will testify to..have been very much looking forward to seeing her. Well the day did not get off to a good start as Most of City Link was closed due to a Fun Run and as I live the other side of town and have no Idea were to go It took me a good 1 and a half hours to get there finally arrive just after 9 to be one of the first in queue to Pay-On-The-Day, and as it turned out there was a separate line to enter the expo for us guys who paid on the day so I was first in that queue and at the stroke of 10 sprinted to purchase my Autos and a Photo with Jewel, again being first in line for auto just behind a VIP who are able to enter the queues at will, on talking to this guy he mentioned to me that on the Friday night preview night there was an auction held to bid for a KISS From Jewel, which only ended up going for $75, Personally I would have Paid Triple for the opportunity and I know allot of guys who also would but anyway I wanted in line until just after 11 when the all started to arrive, John Rhys Davies was the first to arrive...then the moment I had been waiting for arrived JEWEL... OMGOMGOMG!!!”
                                The VIP In front of me then allowed me to go first as he had met her yesterday so I was the "First Person" to meet her for that Sunday...and promptly fell to pieces as I started or more to the point attempted to say something intelligent, but all I could get out was "Hi..HI..Welcome to Melbourne..having Fun"?? OMG I felt like an idiot, she replied politely and thanked me for my time. she did look a little tired which I found out later was the Jet Lag kicking in. I then moved on the see Teryl and she was great, we quickly chatted and she signed the photo of her in dress military blues and I was off. Still feeling a little silly for what I said to jewel I want off the catch the James Kyson Lee Q&A, and that I headed back to get my photo with Jewel thinking I would be waiting for another Hour for that however I was only there about 5 Minuets then they went to get Jewel from the queue for myself and another guy, My turn came, jewel smiles as I approached her and she gave me a quick hug saying and asking me how I was and I was like AAAGGGHHHH !!! then she put her arm around me for the photo and thanked me for coming along to se her ) I then collected the photo and raced back to to have her sign it and upon this happening she handed me the photo and shook my had good by I leaned over and Kissed her hand, she went "Oh How Sweet Thank You"..OMGOMGOMG!!!” My day was complete.
                                Following this I attendee the Michael Winslow of Police Academy Fame Q&A which was hilarious, then it was Teryls turn for her Q&A, She began by saying how sad it was for he to leave the show after 7 seasons and how she was so devastated that she is yet to watch the episode heroes and the fact that they killed her off just when she was starting to flirt with a guy and how she died on the show a virgin and she wished that they had of killed off Hammond instead, there was then a question asked how she felt returning for the Ripple Effect episode and she replied that she was glad to be back however the show now felt different without Don S Davis and RDA, she then added that it was good the series look a new direction. Then it was my turn to ask a question I asked her “Could you tell us any fully stories or anecdotes from you time on SG1”? for which there was silence for about 3 seconds and she replied “My god that is a tough question as there was about 7 seasons worth, someone from the crowd rescued me by narrowing it down to something from Season 1 and she proceeded to tell us the story of how once on the sent Chris Judge had to deliver his lines and the final thing he had to say was “Daniel Jackson”, however the rest of the cast though he was saying “Janet Jackson” and after many–a-take on this scene they could not stop laughing, then she told us how RDA was playing hockey with peanuts on set in the board room and how he was aiming for Teryl and kept hitting her in the side of the head, but by far the highlight of the talk was the question she was asked how she became a dancer for Tom Jones, Teryl then explained that she taken up dancing at the insistence of the grand mother as a way of her overcoming shyness and at the end of this particular audition each of the guests were asked to say a joke...Well she came out and told us all her joke about "The Little Girl With The Dog Named Porky"..it is way to long to repeat here and I would not do it justice to try to but what I can say is that the audience was in tears of laughter at the end especially as the punch line to the joke involved Teryl dropping "The Magic F Word", to her Credit she did warn the audience before hand and asked the mother of a younger child if it was ok to proceed with her story. The rest of her talk was just as entertaining, she spoke about a T.V series she in involved in at the moment which take place at a nudist colony ( Cannot Remember The Shows Name) and how she was watching an episode one night with her Grand Mother and suddenly a shot of Teryl Bum appeared on screen much to Gann's amusement and Teryls shock, then she did a quick "Soft Shoe Shuffle" dance routine and even walked up the back of the room to interact with the people standing there. Overall the Q&A was excellent and just as good as the one the day before from what I was told.

The rest of my day was spent checking out the booths and attending the John Rhys Davies Q&A as I was waiting for the Jewels to begin, this Q&A was absolutely packed out and Jewel was clearly, and by her own admission, starting to suffer the effects of Jet lag so much so she started telling us her love affair as a young girl for the "Back Street Boys" and how she had all there C.Ds Posters Pillow cases and donnas , jewel did not talk allot about Atlantis as there were allot of Firefly /Serenity fan there (For with I Also Am) however I did ask her one Atlantis based question on how she got involved in the role and did the offer to return based on the Weith creature she played, she replied Yes it was indeed that reason she was asked to do more roles however she did not want to to more Weith characters due to the hours taken to apply the prosthetics required and she jumped at the opportunity to appear as Dr Keller when it was offered, she also commented on how Dave Hewlett and how fantastic he was and with all the "Techno Babble" so has to say he never messes up his lines. The rest of the Q&A was mainly taken up by Firefly based questions but I did not care..Hay It was Jewel after all..Plus I went a little "Snap Happy" with photos of her taking a good 30-40 of them ), another question she was asked is had she tried Vegemite for which she had not infact she did not think Vegemite acutely existed and it was some sort of urban legend. Probably the most disappointing this was her talk only lasted just on 30 Minuets a good 10-15 shorter than anyone else, so from there as it was approaching 4pm I headed back to the car armed with all my signed posters photos etc and went home.

Well hopefully this is not to long winded for you all as this is the first time I have ever done a Con report. Hope you all enjoyed it.
                                Last edited by Chevron 7; 31 March 2008, 02:16 PM. Reason: Spelling Errors

Comment

Working...
                                X