Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lieutenant Colonel atlantis_babe34's Avatar

Default Australian Con's 2008

Just wondering whether anyone has any information on any Con's that are in Australia this year
    Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
    Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Chief Master Sergeant

Default Re: Australian Con's 2008

So far the only announcements are:

Armageddon: http://cultureshockexpo.com/ & www.armageddonexpo.com
    (Stargate guests have been announced)

Supanova: www.supanova.com.au/ (though they haven't announced any Stargate guests yet).

Both organisers have multiple things planned, but have only released details of the immediate ones in March-May 2008.

I expect more details to come as the dates get closer - these are still aways off. Your best bet is to join the mailing lists for these guys if you are in Oz and want a heads up on stuff. Which city are you in?

I'll be attending the Melbourne based events, and leave the interstate decisions until closer to the respective dates since I can't plan work that far ahead...
    If you'd like to know what Aussie conventions are like, check out my website and the older one too.

Quote Originally Posted by pfalcon64 View Post

Supanova: www.supanova.com.au/ (though they haven't announced any Stargate guests yet).

Both organisers have multiple things planned, but have only released details of the immediate ones in March-May 2008.

I expect more details to come as the dates get closer - these are still aways off. Your best bet is to join the mailing lists for these guys if you are in Oz and want a heads up on stuff. Which city are you in?

I'll be attending the Melbourne based events, and leave the interstate decisions until closer to the respective dates since I can't plan work that far ahead...
    The Armageddon site is not working, do you know who is meant to attend? From SG?

Chief Master Sergeant

The Armageddon site is not working, do you know who is meant to attend? From SG
    Try the Culture Shock site, its by the same organisers, but covers more than one event - so its actually the better place to start. IAC, Teryl Rothery and Eric Avari have been announced for Aramgeddon Sydney. As usual for such sites, the forums have the most uptodate info.
    If you'd like to know what Aussie conventions are like, check out my website and the older one too.

Try the Culture Shock site, its by the same organisers, but covers more than one event - so its actually the better place to start. IAC, Teryl Rothery and Eric Avari have been announced for Aramgeddon Sydney. As usual for such sites, the forums have the most uptodate info.
    It is working now. I wouldn't be going to Sydney as I live in Tassie, Melbourne's would be the one if I go at all. Seems they still have no "real" list of actors for that one though.

Thanks.

I live in QLD, but I have family in Sydney so it wouldn't matter if I went to sydney or brissy

i wanna go to either Brisbane or Sydney. i'll join that mailing lists.. thanks

Probie

Earth Symbol Re: Australian Con's 2008

Hey all im new 2 this site, I was hoping someone could tell me if there are any conventins comming up in Aus that are just for stargate sg1 & atlants & not the other shows? I am a huge fan of the stargates but I dont really know the shows the other stars are comng from Thanks heap!!

Most conventions that come to Aust, include a few guests from Stargate and a few from other sci fi shows. It's pot luck on who comes each year, but its still fun to go even though they are from a different sci fi show.

Quote Originally Posted by stard7 View Post
    Hey all im new 2 this site, I was hoping someone could tell me if there are any conventins comming up in Aus that are just for stargate sg1 & atlants & not the other shows? I am a huge fan of the stargates but I dont really know the shows the other stars are comng from Thanks heap!!
    Most conventions done in Australia are ones that cover a variety of topics. TV series, Comics, Animation, Wrestling... all sorts! But there are Stargate ones as well, the first three conventions i ever went to were only Stargate related and they were run by 'First Contact Conventions' but they were mainly Melbourne based, but have come across from Queensland or Sydney or New Zealand because the organisers work together! But for more information on FC conventions check out their website: http://www.firstcontactconventions.com.au/index.html
    There is nothing up there for Stargate conventions currently, but you never know so just keep an eye out!!

Bill from Armageddon Cons/Expo has confirmed that David Hewlett (Dr Rodney McKay) will be attending (commitments pending of course) the November Expo in Aust in 2008!

Bill hasn't officially announced it on his site, I am thinking it is too far out yet and he has the May Con to put together first, and there is nothing on this from David Hewlett's site either, but I asked Bill directly in the forums at his site and this was his answer.

"At this stage, David Hewlett will be attending the Oct/Nov events, so rest easy."

*squee*

David did pull out last year due to the birth of his son and I know David is working on "Starcrossed" so I am only 50% hyped about this as he may still have to pull out... but I will definitely be there if it goes ahead with him in attendance!

Chief Master Sergeant

You will find that most of the organisers mentioned in the discussion here maintain mailing lists, first from people that have attended prior events, and otherwise those who simply ask to be added to the lists. Sometimes their forum member list is used for mailing too.

If you want to be among the first to find out about ANY official announcements, it generally wise to get on those lists, in addition to keeping an eye on the sites themselves. Special offers, such as the recent Chris Judge event will frequently go out to the mailing list several hours or a day BEFORE they are put online - as a reward for past patronage.

This is especially important if you are interested in any of the VIP deals typically offered.

*is soooo glad she got her VIP ticket to Chris Judge*

Quote Originally Posted by Willow'sCat View Post
    Bill from Armageddon Cons/Expo has confirmed that David Hewlett (Dr Rodney McKay) will be attending (commitments pending of course) the November Expo in Aust in 2008!

Bill hasn't officially announced it on his site, I am thinking it is too far out yet and he has the May Con to put together first, and there is nothing on this from David Hewlett's site either, but I asked Bill directly in the forums at his site and this was his answer.

"At this stage, David Hewlett will be attending the Oct/Nov events, so rest easy."

*squee*
    That is fantastic news!!!! I'm going to be heading over for that, so that's really cool!

I just found out that Jewel has been made a regular on Stargate Atlantis.... but unfortunately that means that she is cancelling her Melbourne and Brisbane Supanova appearances

Airman

I'm waiting for the stuff happening in May. To start with they have one one website that there will be a couple of Gate guests. And the rumours about who else is coming are huge.

I did see a site announcing David for November in Brisbane. I'll try to find it again.

Quote Originally Posted by starfirephoenix View Post
    I just found out that Jewel has been made a regular on Stargate Atlantis.... but unfortunately that means that she is cancelling her Melbourne and Brisbane Supanova appearances
    Ah its depressing…I was looking forward to meeting her

Is anyone going to see Chris Judge in Melb in a couple of weeks? I'm "THIS" close to deciding to go, but it's just so darn expensive by the time you buy the ticket, but an auto/photo, pay for fuel, and I'll have to stay in Melb overnight because I'll miss the last train back to where I live..... so..... still not sure, am worried I'll regret it later if I didn't take the opportunity, especially if it ends up being his only trip to Oz

Chief Master Sergeant

I believe most of the Melbourne people on the forum here will be attending (scroll back on this and a couple of other threads). Certainly I'll be there doing the Official Photos as usual. As I understand it, the organiser is quite happy with booking levels.

Oh, and its actually Chris' THIRD visit to Australia so far. the previous ones were in Sydney many years ago (the first in the late 90s, the second was in early 2002, as he was able to talk about Michael Shank's leaving for Season 6). Unfortunately its that long ago my own photos aren't online any more - but anyone who prods me may get to see some on the night...

If you are after cheap accommodation, look at www.wotif.com for a start, and just find something in the CBD, so you are only a walk away from the venue.

Smile Re: Australian Con's 2008

Quote Originally Posted by rosey_angel View Post
    She is a very big Patrick Stewart fan, and she met him once on a movie set, but she was so nervous she didn't look him in the eyes the entire time. The second time they met they were at a con and she was much more calm (on the outside at least) and when she said goodbye he kissed her on the lips! She waited until she was out of earshot before going crazy.
    That was awesome Rosey!! I'm glad you had a great time...and I love how Teryl is a fan of PS too...and how she behaved...see...they are like us more than they may like to admit!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tal View Post
    Is anyone going to see Chris Judge in Melb in a couple of weeks? I'm "THIS" close to deciding to go, but it's just so darn expensive by the time you buy the ticket, but an auto/photo, pay for fuel, and I'll have to stay in Melb overnight because I'll miss the last train back to where I live..... so..... still not sure, am worried I'll regret it later if I didn't take the opportunity, especially if it ends up being his only trip to Oz
    I'll be there!!! If you do come...let me know and we can meet up...I'm going VIP so we'll have to arrange a meeting point...or wear GW badges or something!!!
    I believe most of the Melbourne people on the forum here will be attending (scroll back on this and a couple of other threads). Certainly I'll be there doing the Official Photos as usual. As I understand it, the organiser is quite happy with booking levels.
    Oh, and its actually Chris' THIRD visit to Australia so far. the previous ones were in Sydney many years ago (the first in the late 90s, the second was in early 2002, as he was able to talk about Michael Shank's leaving for Season 6). Unfortunately its that long ago my own photos aren't online any more - but anyone who prods me may get to see some on the night...
    If you are after cheap accommodation, look at www.wotif.com for a start, and just find something in the CBD, so you are only a walk away from the venue.
    I won't have to stay in town this time...but I'll see you there!!! I'm act5ually quite excited now...woohoo!!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Quote Originally Posted by chelle db View Post
    That was awesome Rosey!! I'm glad you had a great time...and I love how Teryl is a fan of PS too...and how she behaved...see...they are like us more than they may like to admit!!!
    OMG she was so funny, bouncing around the stage. it was as if she was remembering that moment

i wish i was going to see CJ, i wanted to but i have no where near enough money this year
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/